The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » The solar nightmare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The solar nightmare
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2018 05:16 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Got up yesterday and the generator was blubbering ,we have had clouds and rain for the last ten days so the gen set has been working its butt off Its an EU 6500 IS Honda been a reliable friend for 15 years so it really owes me nothing but if they can revive her I want that as the new model is $3700.00, years ago I paid 3K for this one.

So I think water in the gas and drain the tank ,not it I drain the float bowl not it .Clean the plug not it . Take it in should have it back in a few days. They say they think its the carb cant wait to get her back beatin the shit out of my little eu 2000 she aint happy ! fun times off the grid !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2018 06:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
When my son occasionally has his electric service disconnected, no problem. He just runs an extension cord across the street to keep the refrigerator (beer cooler) humming. Maybe he doesn't now, I don't know, since he moved to South Carolina. WHAT?

But, that friggin' orange cord laying across the street was a good one. Apparently, it was a payback? Not uncommon in that part of town.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2018 11:25 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
the blessing is the curse my orange cord would need to be a mile long
lol we are getting by just fine minor adjustments. still beats the alternatives.

[ July 18, 2018, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 06:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Another story, mildly associated.

I owned a house in Banning that my son rented from me, also my grandson rented the attached apartment.

Anyway, hard times and I was losing money on the deal which should have learned a lesson. Anyway, I decided to put the utilities in my name, at first a big problem because the accounts were on cash only and I had to get a letter from Edison to prove my checks were good....and so on. It didn't work out, along the lines of; no good deed goes unpunished, etc.

So, I dropped by one day and I was talking to my son out front when a city vehicle started coming down the street and stopping at every house. I asked Junior what that was about and he said it was "Door Hangers". A notice by the city that service would be cut off unless money was paid. So, the driver passed us, and Junior said to me; That's the first time he didn't get a "door hanger". But, every other house on that street got a door hanger. He was philosophical about the situation, claiming that, as a procrastinator, it forced him to pay his bills, (a deadline) so he was comfortable with it. And never mind, there wasn't much in the way of gratitude, either.

So, this is the way a certain element lives. I never thought I deserved a pat on the back for being current on utilities and various creditors, but there are people in the jungle, a culture living on the edge, and it doesn't bother them, they do what they haft to do.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 08:06 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Took the genset to Prescott on Wed. got a call from Able saw on Thurs. you generator is ready! They have a sign on the wall that states, Do you want it done right or done right now I jokingly told the counter man the answer is yes to both questions, they said they were out a few days and would call me when it was ready I spoke with the Mech. as he helped me offload with a forklift from the rear of My FJ and explained what it was doing and what I had done. turned out to be a clogged exhaust screen in the muffler 76 bucks later all is well. How is that for service, This is the place I get my Sthil chainsaw parts and equip great shop !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 08:07 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno !

[ July 20, 2018, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 01:58 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool !! [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 01:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool !!! [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 04:22 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
]What he said......twice [Eek!]

[ July 20, 2018, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters