The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » One of the reasons why I like hunting AZ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One of the reasons why I like hunting AZ
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2018 08:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is exotic critters over there! It's always exciting.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/29/someone-just-killed-one-last-remaining-jaguars-in-us.html

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2018 05:14 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I love it now we have names for them !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2018 04:55 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the one that they studied to death was Macho B if I'm not mistaken.

What I don't understand is why some idiot would kill one in the first place knowing the shit-storm it would cause.
And then to skin it ????
What was he planning on doing ??
Sending it to Canada as an XXL Bobcat ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 09:56 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
It was killed in Mexico. Not the US. It was identified by the US. I guess in the idiot liberal world it being identified by the US is the same as being killed in the US.

Its those pesky little facts that irritate the fuck out of them.

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 12:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's what I got out of the article. And, I don't remember exactly anymore but I think Wildlife services killed a jaguar In the Babricavari (sp) northwest of Sasabe a few years ago so they are nobody to talk. But, they claimed it was accidental?

The situation won't change. They are dreaming if they think Jaguars will return to the US. Like the parrots over on the East side, strictly migratory, drift across the border when conditions are right but with the activity as such, who are they kidding? When you think of the food source, what's to attract them? It's hot and arid, not a lot of deer, not a lot of anything to eat for a 150/200 pound cat. It's even been a long time since I've seen a lion down there. Let me think? Three total in more than 30 years, not that I've targeted them, but I have seen a lot more than that in Utah and Nevada, even killed a couple back in the old days when they were a nuisance; my dad got one too.

It's the possibility of seeing exotic critters in Arizona that is the appeal. In Nevada, well known for mustangs, I have seen herds from time to time, mostly in the north west quadrant and maybe 25 to 50 horses. On the other hand, in Arizona, which is not really known for broomtails, I once came across a herd that numbered at least 300. Driving at night, the animal I have come closest to hitting is not deer or coyotes, my closest encounters have been with wild horses, very dicy.

I mean, where else you gonna see a Gila Monster? Or a Caracara? I rest my case.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31460 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 01:13 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Or a Chupacabra.
Don't forget the chupacabri !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters