The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Moratorium on Okie jokes.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moratorium on Okie jokes.
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2018 04:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
According to my home page, two armed Okie citizens shot and killed an active shooter. No charges have been filed against the citizens.

Therefore, I'm calling for a three day moratorium on Okie jokes out of respect for these guys.

Heroes....both of them !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2018 06:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The least we can do.

edit: PS if it was The People's Republik, those guys would need a Gofundme to make bail.

[ July 13, 2018, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2018 05:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of my best friends are okies they love those jokes ! I aint quittin !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2018 12:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Pleasant surprise for me, I found out that Okies were good people. But, being a pollack I can relate to unfair and untrue stereotypes. Actually, I'm not even a pole, except in name only, I'm 3/4 German. Try to explain that concept to a Mexican. Can't be done. If you've tried it, you know what I mean.

But, getting back to Okies, they seem regular salt of the earth types, particularly no attitude like, well, you know? The world needs more Okies....and pollacks! Why not?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS speaking of Poland. You know, in spite of the various personalities in Europe, seems like everybody has a hard on for Americans, but the Poles know what's going on, having had wars fought on their land for centuries. They also know about German nature. And they know about Russians. Boy, do they! They are one of the very few that are coughing up that 2% in NATO defense. They actually like Americans. How quaint! Canada could learn something, who's really their friends, etc. Speaking of which; how did that dink Troudeau ever get elected?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2018 12:55 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Edit to add: My Son-in-law came from Poland on a Green Card, now a proud US Citizen.

[ July 14, 2018, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: JP ]

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2018 05:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The poles are some of the finest people on the planet they fought the Germans with sticks while being slaughtered how is that for brave and determined. now with that being said why did the pollacks move out of the out house , because the Mexicans down stairs were making to much noise !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2018 05:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
For the previous joke all nationalities are interchangeable remember when we could laugh at ourselves ! Except for the Irish !lol

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2018 05:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
With the name Melching I always say half German and half Chinese. An hour later you are
hungry for power !

[ July 15, 2018, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2018 07:19 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the Polish jokes really subsided when Pope John Paul II and Lech Walenza (SP?) came to power. It was like people really respected what the poles did at that time.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2018 11:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....and don't forget, no matter the weight you give to faith, there is no doubt that believing in a Supreme being is vastly superior to atheism. The entire legitimate world abides by the Ten Commandments. It was no accident that those Cardinals elected a Pole since Poland is something north of 98% Catholic, more than Italy, which some people might find surprising.

However, this Pope Francis is the first one that I disagree with on several things. The most obnoxious is GLOBAL WARMING/CLIMATE CHANGE. He needs to butt the fuck out of this issue. No proof, asshole! I never thought I could say that about any Pope, but I have no respect for this guy, at all. And, I was raised Catholic, Parochial school, First Communion, Confirmation, most all the sacraments, I'm pretty much inclined but this guy can kiss my ass!

Anyway, Poland is okay, in my book. The show Laugh In did much harm to the Polish image and they deserve to rot in hell for the damage they did to the reputation of all Poles.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2018 05:45 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it I haven't heard any Okie jokes in a while.....Pollack jokes either. I guess in today's world there is a lot of other stuff that becomes the brunt of humor.

I remember that incident in OKC. It never got much attention around here....just filler in the nightly news. I'm sure it would have been alot different in other parts of the country.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2018 04:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok......three days are up.
Just for you, CrossJ.
And I wanna see if I can hear Paul groan half way across the state.

So this frog hops into the Oklahoma National Bank and goes up to the teller, one Miss Patricia Whack.
The frog introduces himself as Kermit Jagger, Mick's kid, and informs her that he wants to borrow money to go on vacation.
The teller tells him that loans can be arranged and that everybody just calls her Patty. Also he will need some form of collateral.
The frog hands her a small porcelain elephant as collateral and cannot understand her confusion when she tells hims that she will need to speak with her manager.
She tells the manager that a frog wants to borrow money and she doesn't even know what this thing he offered as collateral is.
The manager looked at the elephant and said;
"It's a knick-knack Patty Whack, give the frog his loan, 'cause his old man's a Rolling Stone."

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2018 05:08 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
"A" for effort KOKO.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2018 03:08 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I say B-...... But keep trying
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2018 05:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This Okie walks into a bar with a parrot on his head. Bartender says; Wow, that's cool, where'd you get him? Parrot says: squawk-Oklahoma!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2018 06:31 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Eddie;

Way back up the holler in the hills of Oklahoma there were two families that had been feuding for as long as anybody could remember.
The Mitches and the Mathers. Something to do with corn whiskey and a car radiator.
Anyway, one Fourth of July they decided to have a picnic and end the feud.
All was going well. The women were exchanging cooking recipes and the men-folk were telling outrageous lies.
Unfortunately, when they all sat down to eat, just as one of the Mather women was setting out a basket of biscuits one of the Mitch kids reached out with a fork and accidently poked Ms. Mather.

At this point the elder Mr. Mather shouted "THE FEUD'S BACK ON YOU MATHER FORKING SON OF A MITCH !!!"

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2018 03:19 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko kept trying maybe 5 to 10 years you'll come up with a good one [Razz]
LB your almost as funny as Koko.
You sure you old boys ain't got some Okie in you LOL!!!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2018 07:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's the best that I can do. [Frown]
Don't think that I've got any Oakie in me but who knows, my family's been run out of more than one state.

I did hear something, though, about an Okie football team that adopted the 'possum as their mascot 'cause they wanted something that could play dead with them on the road. [Eek!]

--------------------

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2018 04:28 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's a good one !

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters