The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Good happy 4th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good happy 4th
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 05:18 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope everyone has a good day.

For us in fire it's a long and stressful day.
Watching fire works from here is very blah. Fireworks don't go as high as one thinks and you can't hear the booms.

Have one family in a small community to my east (right below me) and they put on a good show each year. They are close enough I have a good show and can even hear the booms (if there is no wind). They shoot everything off along a creek and on private ground. My worry is the public land and have to watch 360*.
Today is change day other half is coming on shift and I'm going off. So I won't have the stress and long day of watching.
Then you have the fools who drive up argue with you about coming up on the catwalk to watch then get mad and leave and never get to see anything. We have a lot of the local trained not to come up anymore but now have a new influx of new people so probably get to start all over again.

So everyone have a great day be safe and enjoy life.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 07:43 AM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Just hanging out with my wife and her Hula sisters
have some tri tip rubbed and ready for the grill. Fireworks start right at 9. I live in a culdesac step out in my front yard and the fireworks from Peralta hills park here in Anaheim hills are right in your face

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 10:43 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, America !!!!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 10:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Happyhappyhappy ! This is the day libs celebrate a day given to them by armed citizens !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
JP
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 12:07 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA.

[ July 04, 2018, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: JP ]

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 01:30 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Thought about going out and exercising my 2A rights. Too damned hot and humid to play outside when I have to work in it every day, so I fired up the AC in the shop and spent a couple hours decapping and sizing .223 brass to get ready for the Un-Civil War 2.0. That, and hunting season's a-coming.

Have all the steel rod I need to build a couple more cage traps but just can't bring myself to fire up the welder in the summer heat.

Gonna spend a few hours this evening with the wife in the family room downstairs watching action adventure movies with the dogs to cover up the sounds of fireworks outside. One dog doesn't mind. The other just freaks her shit out.

The neighbors have actually been somewhat accommodating this year. I had a plan if they weren't. You see, their dogs don't mind the booms at all, so for them, it isn't a problem. At the same time, I can crank up every dog for a ten block radius by maxing out my e-caller with some coyote distress and coyote fights. Long about 3 or 4 in the morning, we'll see how they like their dogs raising hell in the house and keeping them up when they have to work the next day. I live on the edge of town, so my plausible deniability is that those damned coyotes were going at it right across the fence from my backyard and, by God, they woke me up, too.

County Fair and school starting are the next two big steps between here and hunting.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 05:09 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Relaxing at home and watching "The Patriot". A perfect movie for America's birthday. We might watch "The Crossing" after the first movie is over. It's another great movie for America's birthday.

A Safe and Happy 4th to All.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 06:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED! Rick, I thought you were a lifelong bachelor? When did you get married?

Now then, Lance why are you "sizing .223 brass"? Again, I thought you were a lifelong factory fodder yokel? And, what the hell are you going to do with a 223 anyway? You don't plan on killing coyotes with that pipsqueak, do you? One word: RUNNERS! So, don't say I din't told ya so!

If you are just potting squirrels, etc. I will shut my trap.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31461 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 07:20 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone loves the .223 Runner. It's a great round.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 09:31 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell Leonard? You met my wife at one or more of the later CSVCA awards banquets. We been together since 94

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2018 10:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Rick. My memory ain't as good as it once was.

I do recall one of those banquets where you happened to win a nice door prize. It was a crystal cake platter, and when you came back to the table, you very graciously gifted it to Nancy. I still have it, as a matter of fact.

Which ever dinner it was, (as you say, they all blend together) but you are telling me it must haveoccurred before 1994, which was a long time ago, in dog years.

BTW, did I win anything that year?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS congratulations on your marriage, 24 years late. 👏

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31461 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2018 02:24 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably you always managed to win one thing or another Leonard

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters