The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Az. Highways

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Az. Highways
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2018 10:16 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Earthwalker;

The June '18 issue has a pretty decent article on fire watchers.

Reprint from Sept. '67

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2018 12:59 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
That would be neat to see and read.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 25, 2018 01:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe ko ko can provide a link for an online article. He possesses awesome computer skills.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2018 02:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"....awesome computer skills"
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
You're killin' me !!!
I still think that completing a transaction with PayPal is a pretty big deal.
Maybe Paul can help.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2018 04:14 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I am an analog man stuck in a digital world !
I can do a search and buy a drive belt for a Kawasaki brute force 650 !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2018 04:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
And I can tell time from a real clock !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2018 05:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, yeah Paul. But I bet that Mivado is a real challenge.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2018 06:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
With analog you can use your watch for a compass, too.
Point the hour hand toward the sun......

Ok, since Paul let us down when we were all depending on him. [Razz]

Earthwalker, email your snail mail address to El Bee, he can forward it to me, and I'll send you the article.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2018 11:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely! And, I'm reasonable. [Big Grin]

edit: wait! Paul let us down again? What was he supposed to do? As a form of punishment, all I can do is take away his vowels, if that would help?

[ June 26, 2018, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2018 12:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Got it.
I'll get it in the mail directly.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2018 03:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
A E I O U AND SOMETIMES Y AND W

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2018 11:04 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
KoKo, husband said your mail arrived. Won't be able to read until Wed. Thank you very much for sending it.

D

--------------------

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2018 12:39 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Vowels....Eee, I owe you, eh?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2018 05:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nt * prblm.
LEONARD, QUIT IT !!
I would have sent the entire magazine but there was another article that I filed & by then there wasn't a whole lot left.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2018 06:04 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Ko ko,
Was finally able to read the lookout story and it was spot on.
A very good truthful read. Wish it was like that in my area. At least I'm not in a tower. I don't like them. I'm a urban lookout and deal with more man caused than lightning anymore.
Thanks once again. The story will go into the album at the lookout.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2018 07:20 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
When that article was written there weren't nearly as many people out recreating and in general, people had more common sense.
Good to see that the article was accurately written. Too often, articles are a writers 'impression' & they usually get it wrong.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2018 03:57 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
When the author wrote about her first fire and how she banged her head and so forth. I knew the feeling. I use to get extremely wound up. Always had to take a deep breath before talking on the radio so no one would hear the nerves in my voice.
Those days are over with. Only time I get wound up is when I get a fire close. I've had to leave the mountain twice now. Hope I don't have to run again.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters