The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » latest "wolf" news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: latest "wolf" news
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2018 06:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/25/wolf-like-animal-killed-in-montana-puzzles-wildlife-officials.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2018 08:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Methinks that Montana would do well to replace some 'Wildlife Officials' with some common sense dirt farmers that can tell a coyote from a butt ugly coyote.
Hint; That's a butt ugly coyote. Not a wolf or even a Chupacabra.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2018 10:48 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a dead coyote to me !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2018 05:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
(you both passed)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2018 06:28 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it was a gray wolf after all.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/18/mysterious-wolf-like-creature-killed-in-montana-idd-through-dna-test.html

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2018 05:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Still remembering the infamously botched 'lynx study', I have to wonder was it a wolf with some coyote / dog DNA or a coyote with some wolf / dog DNA ???
Can anybody see the day coming when some 'researcher' suggests banning shooting coyotes that 'science' has proven carry endangered wolf DNA ??????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2018 06:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, Semp, thanks for the update, appreciate it.

Here's the thing, I promise, I am not against "Science," in spite of the dishonest actions of so many members of the scientific community. These assholes have gone so far off the deep end of advocacy, they drown in their own bullshit. The most blatant example being GLOBAL WARMING and its bastard child, "Climate Change," whatever the hell that is?

My point is, blind faith in the scientific method is shaken when there is so much at stake in grants and other funding. You have tenure, another load of shit, and the Publish or Perish attitude and the peer review network; you scratch my back and I will scratch yours.

Anyway, my latest hard on is the blind faith in DNA research. I've said many times, this comparison stuff is exactly like reading TEA LEAVES. You have to squint a little bit to make all the weird sequences look like a match. Like, a fingerprint looks a lot like this other fingerprint, this swirl kinda matches that one, in the same way a loaf of bread looks like a hotdog bun.

They take these strands, and microscopically chop the DNA into manageable pieces instead of those inconvenient strings of exactitude. You know how that Ancestry organization takes some spit and then tells you that your heritage is 8% Ivory Coast, 23% Serbian, 31.3% Scottish and then add or subtract, whatever the case may be and the result is that you are, (congratulations) 37.7% of Germanic origin! It's kind of a con game because, from what I hear, the only pure "race" on the planet is in Iceland. The rest of us have been breeding indiscriminately for thousands of years, even diddling those Neanderthal Cave Girls when horny enough to throw a bag over their head.

So now we have the curious case of the "Canine" tribe. From the wolf to the fox and everything in-between known as DOGS, a hopeless mess if there ever was. How many recognized breeds are we up to lately, from Chihuahuas to Great Danes, yet they all contain some specific percentage of WOLF DNA.

There's your proof; wolf DNA is everywhere....see? Don't believe your lying eyes. Just because this critter looks like a coyote, they will find some wolf DNA in the sequence and what looks like a scroungy coyote is really a wolf. Thanks to scientific inquiry, we can be assured that what looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, is actually a midget Canadian Goose. The scientific examination proves it. They could just as well tell us with a straight face that this animal is actually 8% Orca, because of (you know?) DNA.

I suggest that we are skeptical of a few things Academia is pounding up our ass; such as GLOBAL WARMING. These people have murky motivations and we are unlikely to get a straight answer anytime soon from the keepers of human knowledge.

Charter member of the Flat Earth Society, El Bee

edit: I didn't see what ko ko wrote before posting but he gets a Gold Star this morning for astute observation.

[ June 19, 2018, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2018 07:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
further update.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dna-test-reveals-identity-of-mysterious-wolf-creature-shot-in-montana/

They might have mentioned before that this critter weighed 84 pounds. The perspective laying on a tailgate is misleading.

Therefore, it ain't a coyote. Dog maybe or a wolf, so case closed.

So much for scientific testing....

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters