The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » FUCK YETI...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FUCK YETI...
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2018 07:44 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Yeti has decided to shun the NRA. Looks like I'll be calling my rep to tell him to come pick his shit up.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2018 11:46 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mark ! Rtic is as good and more reasonably priced, myself still using a Coleman I'm poor and a cheap ass !lol. Yeti just removed more than 50% of their users ! Hipsters don't camp !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 05:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm baffled? How 'bout a link? What the hell are we talking about? Is this the snowman or a cooler, more probably? And, what about the National Recovery Act? LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 06:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
yeti is a hi tech cooler that will keep ice for a looooong time ! a week or better !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 06:49 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL....this has been entertaining to watch this rainy weekend. It baffles me why any company involved in retail sales would make any decisions that alienate any potential customers. I'm no marketing major, but damn that was dumb.

P.S. I am more of a pelican fan anyway....awesome cases and their coolers are great, but I think these expedition type coolers are over hyped. The individual who needs to pack items and keep them cool for extended periods away from civilization can justify them, but the average work truck doesn't need a cooler costing hundred of dollars on the job sight.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 23, 2018 07:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind, I found a reason for initial "tweet"

http://smokeroom.com/2018/04/23/yeti-coolers-nra/

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 08:03 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I've done week long trips to Lake Powell in June and was able to keep ice for a week with no problem in a $100 costco Igloo cooler. You just have to use some brain power when you pack it up. Use hard ice that comes from RO water or better and the biggest blocks of ice you can find. Freeze everything you can before you pack it up. Have one cooler with all frozen goods and another with refrigerated goods, except the ice. Keep out of the sun and/or wrap it up in a blanket. Tape up the seam between the lid and the cooler body. We had one guy that would go with us and he always purchase a few small blocks of ice and ice cubes. He was good for maybe three days.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 09:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends, sometimes, you open the lid at night to let everything refreeze. But, yeah. I always wished I could afford a $400 cooler. Especially after that third day.

Of course, sometimes it don't work. I remember one time, northern Colorado, we all had this romantic idea of a huge pot of beans sitting on the fire after a hard day climbing mountains and dipping into it for a nice plate of beans like on Blazing Saddles. The problem was that those hard beans never thawed out, encased in a big pot of ice for ten solid days. Still, seemed like a good idea at the time. At that elevation, it's probably still there, never thawed?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 01:20 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Called my Yeti rep this morning just to see what he says. He told me Yeti would release a statement by end of day (they have) saying that all they did was realign some pricing with NRA and other companies. They say that they never "cut ties' with NRA or even told them that.

So...someones fibbing. Either NRA or Yeti.

Yeti states that they support the 2nd Amendment...but..they dont say if they support the NRA...which are 2 somewhat different things.
Mark

[ April 23, 2018, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 01:20 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably won't buy any more yetis have 4 now. In the last 36 years of working and tramping all over the West have went through several coolers. Got tired of buying a cooler every 3 to 4 years.
Glad we bought when we did.

There is a new guy making those type of said coolers now in Nampa ID at half price of a Yeti. Can't think of the name of them right now.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 01:22 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Cordova...hes the guy that was on Deadliest Catch. He quit and started a cooler company.
Mark

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 03:22 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
RTIC.
50% cheaper than comparable Yeti product...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 04:10 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lone Howl, that's the guy.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2018 05:48 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking along the same lines as Geordie. As soon as I heard it, I thought to myself, "Why?!?"

These sort of things remind me of an issue in my home town long ago. Pretty controversial bond issue. The town had pretty much split into two camps as most places usually do. I stopped at the local gas station right on the crossroads in the middle of town and asked the owner's wife - longtime friend of mine - where she stood on the issue. She asked me where I stood on it. I asked her why she wanted to know, and she said "Because I agree with you. Of course, I agree with anyone else who walks through that door and asks me the same question because I can't afford to piss off half the town by disagreeing with anyone."

Common sense, huh?

I don't understand why anyone would want to scuttle Yeti via the NRA. And the NRA has nothing to gain really by targeting one company that just happens to support them. I'm thinking somebody that used to work for Yeti got a bright idea that didn't fly so well and they're looking for a new career while the survivors at Yeti are trying to put the fire out and do damage control.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters