The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hey Koko

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Koko
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 07:57 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been meaning to ask you. Have you ever hunted coatimundi or know someone who does?
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 08:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen a few, but all of them further west along the southern border, on the Papago. I believe there is a one animal limit, if you are interested? Victor might know something, he's from Tucson.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 11:09 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have hunted and taken three All in Bonita Creek Canyon down where KoKo lives, Used a call for two one was an opportunity shot! You are allowed one per season !

[ April 06, 2018, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 12:06 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
See them on a regular basis in the Huachua Mountains, they can become a pain in the ass. Knew a mountain lion hunter, Marvin Glen, who once told me he rather have his hounds run into a lion than a troop of coati's.
Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 12:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
They're kind of a target of opportunity. I don't go out of my way to find them & just enjoy the show when they show up. I generally just give them a pass.
It would be kind of neat, though, to see a coyote come charging in to the call and find itself in the middle of a troop. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2018 05:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen anything climb a vertical wall as fast as a coati. I've seen troops as large as thirty
sitting In a clearing and having quite a social scene cleaning one another and such . Sort of a cross between a monkey and a raccoon .

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2018 04:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, you aren't displaying your email address. And, I sent a thank you to Bigroom but it was kicked back like they never heard of you? Any update you would care to share? LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2018 06:48 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody ever catch a young one and try to tame it down ????

(A coati..........not a Paul [Big Grin] )

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2018 03:39 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
A paul is completely untrainable!

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2018 04:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sent u an email Lenbo you are still on my contact list.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 09, 2018 06:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, but are you denying that you ever had MSN? How did I have that on file as a valid email when you first registered on Huntmasters, if not? Maybe you just forgot?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters