The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » BOOM! More Big Bows!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOOM! More Big Bows!
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 05:25 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
There isn't much open water yet, but the one place that has opened up around here has been fantastic. Myself and a couple friends have been jigging the dream, and what a dream it has been.

While waiting for my partner to show up with the boat early one morning I decided to do a little fishing from the bank. Shortly after first light this stud of a rainbow slammed into my jig. Sorry it's not the greatest photo, but I did my best while fishing solo.
 -

When my buddy Carl did show up with the boat he wasn't going to be out done and caught this beautiful big bow.
 -

Carl's dog came along for the trip and kept an eye on every fish we caught. She was pretty funny. If you lost a fish she would go hang out with the other guy in the boat to see if he was a better fisherman and could land a fish. As long as you were landing them, she would stay right by your side. Lose one or two and she wasn't having it.
 -

Earlier in the week I was fishing with my friend Scott and he landed this leopard spotted looking rainbow. We have both caught rainbows with similar markings, but this is the biggest one with biggest spots either of us has ever seen. It put up a heckuva fight and is one of the coolest looking rainbows I've seen.
 -

One of the last fish I caught while fishing on the boat was my best for the day. This is one fat sassy fish. Just a tank and gave me a great fight. Took the photo and slipped her right back in the water for someone else to catch. I caught most of my fish on a marabou jig, but this one was on a bucktail jig. What a great day it was with many fish caught and all released.
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 06:03 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I am officially Jealous !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 07:25 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I officially hate him. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2018 08:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You da Man, Troy!

Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2018 02:11 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Those are awesome!!!
Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2018 05:36 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent pictures. Nice big fish and open water to boot.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters