The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » That was crazy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That was crazy...
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2018 01:58 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Had a crazy thing happen on my mail route today. Brought back memories of the good ol' days.

I pulled up to the front of a house near the end of the day. The two folks that live there - good people - are standing on the front porch with their dog. They have small parcels (several) so I shut my mail truck off and reach down to get the parcels when suddenly, a white SUV comes flying down the street and slides to a stop next to me. Another one comes flying in and skids to a stop right in front of me. Two more are screaming down the street in front, and one more behind. I see a grey Charger I know to be an unmarked Drug Task Force unit pulling in behind the house in the alley. Two more Sheriff's units come in fast from a cross street to the right.

The two closest to me have me boxed in, and both of those officers exit their vehicles and run past me toward the house as they unholster their weapons. I think I know what's happening and I'm feeling somewhat exposed.

I have my earbuds in but I hear the first officer, holding his gun forward and pointed down, yelling at the two occupants to secure their dog and ask if their son is home. they're just stunned so they yell the kids name and order him outside. He comes out the front door to a front yard full of LEO's, most with guns out, and they order him to his knees with his hands behind his back. He complies, and they push him to the ground and apply the cuffs before quickly sweeping him into an SO unit.

By now, I've done the smart thing and moved out of my truck to place my engine block and wheels between me and the house. Just in case. I ain't doin' nuffin' until the scene is secured. Once it looks like the fun stuff is over, I deliver their parcels, gather their outgoing mail, and wait for the nice police officer to mover her cars I can leave.

Don't know what was going down, but eight cars full o' cops is somewhat unusual for our little berg. Last week, two of our local young adults shot a guy in a neighboring city, triggering a manhunt across the state for "attempted first degree murder". This kid isn't one of those two, but he kinda, sorta , maybe matches the description of a third unidentified assailant.

I was in on a couple of those sweeps back in "the day". Back then, they were funner 'cause I had a gun, too. Hunkered down behind that aluminum truck body with only a cordura satchel and a little can of dog mace kinda made my shit feel a bit weak.

Only on my route....

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2018 04:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Lance!

People pay good money to watch that stuff on the big screen and you get it for free. Start wearing your body armor, or call me stupid, you already do, huh?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS did anybody mention a warrant, in all that confusion? Or is that just Hollywood?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters