The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Morning all

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morning all
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2018 03:35 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
This March has been a beast this year.
When February was so great I knew we'd get hit in March.
Been dealing with stomach problems for over a month now.
After a scope last week things are finally changing and getting better.
Just a lot of acid and a hiatal hernia causing some of the problems.
But no cancer or Hpylori so that was a major relief.
Now watching what I eat and drink. The list of what I can eat seems to be a lot shorter than what I need to stay away from.
So be careful of stomach issues and get them taken care of sooner than later.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1098 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2018 07:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's no fun. But, you will get used to it. Just think about our friend Paul with the surgeries and needing to take his nourishment through a straw. In other words, it could be worse, and every day above ground is a good one.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31258 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2018 11:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Acid Reflux can be a wee bit more than just a couple of Tums for the tummy.
Not enough meds and you wake up choking on stomach juices that leak up to the back of the throat. Tends to do bad things to linings in the throat in the long term.
Too much meds and the sphincter into the stomach doesn't open for food, again backing up to the throat. Not a lot of fun.

Good luck & listen to the Drs.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2018 03:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have experienced acid reflux. It's like a sphincter at the top of the stomach that fails for one reason or another and stomach acid comes up into the throat. When this happens while you are sleeping you even wind up breathing in down into the lungs.

It's a very serious event and is not a lot different than drinking battery acid, it's that strong.

Therefore, I take Omaprasole every day. I don't know how to spell it and my spellchecker never heard of it? Anyway, you don't want this shit.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2018 04:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
omeprazole ???

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2018 02:15 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Take the same stuff for acid reflux.Go without it for a couple days and its bad news for the stomach and throat. It is hell getting old and being on meds but the alternative isn't real cool niether.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2018 03:57 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I take 40mg ompeprozol and at night I take pepsid.
Not eating certain things is being the hard part.
I have a hiatal hernia at the top of the stomach.
Doctor thinks food stuck on it and caused a air pocket and started the whole mess over a month ago.
He did pull a balloon through to open the scar tissue caused by the acid reflux. It's slowly getting better.
Very slow eating and very small bites of meat especially.
No spicy foods, no soda pop, onion, peppers.
Off one of the meds for a week to see if it is causing the extra acid.
I guess it finally caught up to me after 60 years of not watching what I've been eating.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2018 04:05 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That does not sound like any fun at all Do what you need to stay well ! Does this condition ever go away?

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2018 03:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Short answer, NO.

If you watch your diet religiously, eat bland food I suppose you can limit the reactions. But once the acid damages that sphincter that normally hold the food in your stomach instead of just draining out all over your face; like when you stand on your head. That's why it normally doesn't.

I'm not sure what that drug does but I think it sort of repairs the sphincter so that all the stomach acid doesn't drain up into your mouth because when that happens, believe me, it's extremely disagreeable. And it gets progressively worse.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ March 27, 2018, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2018 03:30 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
If not treated and goes on to long with the acid in the throat it can cause throat cancer.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters