The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » A photo from last October

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A photo from last October
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 06:49 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Passing the time going over game camera photos from 2017 and came across this moose again. The moose wander around the camp property all during the year.

-

[ February 06, 2018, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: MI VHNTR ]

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 07:15 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
My first thought was 'how cool would it be to call one in with some fawn bleats out of the Krusty Krier'.
Then I thought about some does that I've called that came in looking to stomp something into the ground. Probably not a good idea.
Then I wondered.........Where the Hell has Krusty been lately ????

Cool picture, though !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2018 03:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Krusty he's an original !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2018 04:03 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing catch
on the game cam ! I wish we had moose !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2018 06:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know where Krusty is hiding? Maybe he has an issue but I think he still lurks just like others. RIGHT, VICTOR?

See, we might have a situation where everything that needs to be said has been said and there are members with nothing more to add.

Krusty got sideways with Quinton who scared him off. so now they're both gone. Or, moved on to the Quilting Forum.

I have never seen a moose in the wild. Jack OConner thought they were fairly easy to kill, a 270 more than adequate. Like everything else, put one in the boiler room and he's down. maybe not bang/flop, but he's dead even if he doesn't know it?

Now, my Kudu, maybe not quite as large as a moose, killed with a 6mm Remington, lung shot. Ran off and took a couple hours to find. Hard to believe how thick that Acacia can be! it's like endless groves of Mesquite, packed tight. How an animal that size can run through it at high speed, I don't know?

Getting off topic again, sorry. Thanks for the pic, MI VHNTR. Appreciate it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31333 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2018 07:34 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, here's a moose picture that I took with my phone on a sunny afternoon in October 2016. I was sitting at the table at camp looking out the window and this guy showed up. He was on the prowl looking for the cow moose that were in the area.

-

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2018 09:56 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
JUST WOW !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters