The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Gag Me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gag Me!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2018 03:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First Superbowl Commercial. These kids that grew up playing with friggin' transformers! Now some of them create commercials and (of course) everybody loves Transformers Commercials. Yeah, sure!

How original! Personally, I'm totally sick of commercials on the transformers theme. Give it up, kids! Geeze!

So, who's playing?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Go Eagles!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2018 03:59 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
This is
me not watching the Super Bowl !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2018 05:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
This is me;
Just came in from shooting arrows out on my range.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2018 05:35 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm watching a good western movie. F^&* the national felon league, aka nfl.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2018 07:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I know. But its a good game.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2018 07:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys with principles missed a good game. I'm exactly the same attitude about this taking a knee shit. And, I have toned down my interest in the NFL by about 95%, but still, the Superbowl is an institution. It's hard to believe that was #52?

I remember the first one at the Rose Bowl. It was totally closed, a pay per view when pay TV was not a common thing. Therefore, not a lot of people actually watched the game. The opposite of the hype that is today's game.

I feel the same way as those responding, but

Another thing. That halftime bullshit is getting out of hand. Bring back the marching bands and forget the lasers and bebop shit.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2018 07:18 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
so LB since it sounds like you watched, I am curious, how many of the jackwagons kneeled during the national anthem?

Until they ALL stand I refuse to watch another game.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2018 10:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, TR. I watched the game. Being dependent on the TV coverage from NBC, no less, I wasn't counting what you are asking. But, I did hear one commentary at some point who said; "Not one player took a knee." So, it seems somebody tried to clue them in a little bit. That the taking a knee shit wasn't going over too well with the unwashed masses.

Now, if you figure that the high dollar player salaries derive from endorsements and a large part comes from the TV rights paid to the team management which pays the high wages of the players. At some point, that bullshit statement is going to cost them in attendance and the trickle down affects next years contract. DUH!

If somebody did take a knee, I'm sure we would have heard about it but the discipline was such that they refrained. After all, most of these guys majored in football in college and have damned few marketable skills other than buying a car wash when they retire in five years due to an injury. It is, after all, a violent business....I mean, SPORT.

Best I can do. That's the view from HM Headquarters. Now, back to you in the studio, Howard.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2018 11:53 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Was a great game, and TR...my wife and I would not have watched the game if ANYONE had taken a knee.

All had their hand over their hearts and stood at attention.

I only thought two commercials were good...Toyota had one that saluted the Para Olympians, and the one with Eli Manning and Odell Beckham was a hoot...

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There were a few that were good. Sometimes it's sickening but this year was better than usual.

This was one of the best, I really did LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAjGFNaVySQ

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2018 01:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

That was one of the BEST ????? [Eek!]
What were they selling ?? .......... Memberships is a gay leather bar ??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 05:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's called a Parody, ko ko. I guess you didn't catch the movie? Called, DIRTY DANCING, came out about 25 years ago and supposedly concerned the summer of 1962 in upstate New York, a young girl named Baby and her coming of age. That means she gave it up to that handsome dancer Johnny Castle. And why he was interested in Jennifer Gray when he could have had (my favorite) Cynthia Rhodes, I'll never understand?

Anyway, it's a classic movie, ko ko. Maybe not your cup of tea, if you are into Transformer/Star Wars type science fiction?

Myself, I think it's a great movie. And, the Parody is spot on.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 06:04 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
iI was funny !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 06:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember much of the 60s.
Probably missed it.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 07:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know when you watch a movie about Pearl Harbor or D Day, you don't actually have to be born then to appreciate the events portrayed.

The movie, Dirty Dancing was made in 1987. Again, you don't need to be completely cognizant of the 60's to watch this movie. It's not a history lesson. But, I can see that you will be an especially tough nut to crack. Maybe it's better if this Superbowl commercial just goes totally over your head. I give up!

For the rest of us, it was amusing without earth shattering commentary concerning 1960's culture. See, back then, (apparently) those well off Long Island folks, like Fred would go to the Catskills on vacation, like we used to do in Minnesota, only in that case, it was a knotty pine cabin on one of those 10,000 lakes and we spent two hard core weeks of fishing.

But, where were we? Oh yes; this chick happened to be a teen in 1962. You don't need to be a chick to appreciate the movie! And, you don't have to be a teenager in 1962 to appreciate the movie, either. Just as you don't need to be a Combat Vet to appreciate "Saving Private Ryan".

I'm locking this thread!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 09:26 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We watched the game & enjoyed it after seeing all players were standing for OUR National Anthem.

P.S.
As a kid, we camped in the 'Dacks. IIRC, $3.50/night for a slab of dirt on the lakeshore, 30+ years ago. Sometime during the late 80's, the state installed a shower house at that campground, it functioned like a parking meter...a quarter at a time. But man, after latherin' up with Ivory in the lake, that hot water was some kinda fancy-schmancy!!!
There was a small general store inside the campground, and it had a pinball game, pool table, and a JUKE box! Man, we had some fun times hangin' out there in the evenings! My uncle was something of a pool shark, and he'd "keep the table" and win quarters for me to raid the candy store, load the JUKE box & play some pinball. But, yeah...we missed out on the whole 'dirty dancing' Catskills phenomenon!

Fast forward to today, we still camp at the same spot! That store is long gone, but there are 3 (FREE to use) shower houses now, and a campsite is ~$22.00/night. A 'hobo dinner' cooked on the coals takes just as good as it did, back then. Good times!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 11:15 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred,
That is way cool! Didn't have anything like that here in Kansas. We have a 9,000 acre lake within 20 minutes of where I grew up, but my dad didn't want anything to do with camping.

He said he spent way to many nights in the outdoors in England getting ready for D-Day, and too many nights outside in France!

Have been trying to convince my wife we need a camper when we retire!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 11:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW

He who shall not be named sent, via email his solution to any "lull" you may be experiencing. It's called, LOCATE. That way you won't be calling 'em where they ain't.

The only problem one might have with that solution is, (well, not the ONLY problem) that sometimes, again depending on moon phase, the coyotes clam up. Now what?

Its like my nephew said, after a hard night of alcohol imbibing. "Ya gotta drink through it." This advice will be understood better by those that drink a lot more booze than I do. For me, after drinking even a moderate amount, the very last thing that would occur to me would be "to drink through it."

What the hell was I talking about? Oh yeah! If you perceive a "lull" keep hunting. You never know when things will break wide open. Make your own luck.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 11:49 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Have not missed a Super Bowl since the first one, but indeed missed the last one. If they can't stand for my flag, the flag my friends and teammates fought and died for then they can all kiss my red, white and blue ass. I was at the very first Super Bowl. I was at the time the Senior Enlisted Advisor to a Reserve Special Forces Team in Youngstown, Ohio. Just down the road was the USAF Reserve center, just so happened that they had a training mission scheduled in CA the week of the SB. I then scheduled a training mission for our team which involved a jump. We piggybacked onto the AF C-130, made the jump played soldier got some free tickets if we attended in uniform we went met some players and some girls.

Edited to add; Booger - On 16 Jan everyone in the VFW, about 20 or so raised a glass to SGM McKinney.

[ February 06, 2018, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: JP ]

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 12:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a reason not to advertise where you are going and what you will be doing.

Such as, if you are busy playing in the big game and everybody knows that you are a gun nut, this could happen:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/06/police-patriots-star-gronkowski-burgled-on-super-bowl-weekend/23354203/

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2018 12:20 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
JP,
Thanks for that! I toasted him earlier on New Year's Eve with a shot of Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters