The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Gun ranges near Buckeye AZ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gun ranges near Buckeye AZ
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 11:55 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know of any public or daily/hourly fee ranges near Buckeye?

Thanks

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 12:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Google; buckeye az gun range
Then sit back and grin. Seems to be a bunch starting with the Joe Foss Range. Never been to it but with a name like Joe Foss .........
I have been to a couple of Expos held at the Ben Avery range. (Next one coming up 24 / 25 Mar. '18 )
Never shot there but give the Expos two thumbs up. The shooting complex seemed to have everything that had anything to do with shooting.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 07:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Buckeye. 40 years ago, I used to hunt around there, a little bit. Kit fox and Gray fox for the most part. You would think a few cats, but the predator hunting, in general is better other places, so....

That's where the Nuclear Power plant is located. Other than that, I can't think of a reason to go anywhere near Buckeye?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31258 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 12:54 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, my reason is I my Son in law is flying out of Luke. Daughter and grandchildren live in a planned community NE of buckeye near where Indian School dead ends at the White Tanks Mts. Nice area. Going to be there off and on for next couple months.

Thanks Koko, Foss has possibiliy,although looks like only weekends which gets into way of me having fun with grandchildren. Avery is little far for my liking, probably look for dirt bank on some back road

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 01:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Greenside, watching those planes come in to land in the afternoons is something I don't get tired of. I think the city of Phoenix bought the surrounding property because local developers wanted to get rid of Luke altogether. I'm glad it's still there. I'm pretty sure they train on the Barry Goldwater Range during the week.

There are quite a few communities around there that you could have picked up cheap, a couple years ago, like Surprise, where my niece lives.

Nice to see you checking in.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2018 04:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The communities around the White Tanks are very nice.
You should be able to find lots of places west of there ,any nice desert trail should do.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2018 07:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is true, Paul. I wondered a little bit myself, that maybe Greeside doesn't know how wide open it is out there and if it's just to set up a target, there are endless places to do this.

But if he's interested in a round of trap or skeet, or anything else, then Ben Avery is probably the only place within reason.

Around here, for instance, I need to drive out past Barstow to plink, and that's about 75 miles. My club is 18 miles away. But, there is a rangemaster most often, which is why some of us wait until he goes home in the late afternoon to work up loads and for accuracy stuff where we aren't bothered by cease fires, etc.

I maintain my membership because I don't want to drive out past Barstow every time I need to dial something in. Besides that, members have the gate code and can drive in there at midnight, if they want. Arizona seems a little more relaxed about casual or informal shooting, in general.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2018 07:39 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
BTW;
Greenside, if you're over this way the Welcome Mats out AND Safford has a Public Range maintained by the county. Try to find THAT in Calif. !!!

One other thing..........we tend to measure distance in terms of time. I joined an archery club in Globe.........'bout an hour & a half away.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2018 10:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They are a little more practical, in Nevada. When asked how far to Reno? They might say, "about a six pack." And, no, I didn't make this up.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2018 11:38 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhat imprecise.
Ask a cowboy how far it is from the brothel to the church and he'll likely tell you 'bout a six pack even if they're both in the same end of town.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2018 05:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard when I need to work up a load I just have to decide front yard or back yard !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 31, 2018 06:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You really know how to stick it in, and twist it?

All I have to do is drive 18 miles. Not so bad, I keep telling myself.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2018 07:20 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't "Not so bad" what the frog in the pot of water on the stove keeps saying ?????

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted January 31, 2018 12:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I close today, ko ko.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2018 01:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding !!!!
Maybe soon you'll be able to breath free air.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2018 02:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
yes, and as I was driving north on Mountain yesterday, I saw how clear it was up on the San Gabriel's. Of course, that's just because we have a slightly irregular Santa Ana condition the past few days. Even Ethel came out of hibernation. I opened up a can of green beans for her. (Desert Tortoise)

But, we get to breathe clean air now and then.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I also noticed when I turned east, that Blue Moon was just rising, and it was awesome!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters