The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » strange email this morning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: strange email this morning
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 10:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I don't know the guy, unless he uses a screen name, but anyway, he is informing me that two long time members are regular posters on Predatormasters!

Well, it's a free country, but for the life of me, I do not understand why anybody would be interested in that board? Quite literally, it has lost relevance since before 9-11. Of course, I have only looked at PMS about 2 or 3 times since then?

But, I do admit that here we are, the most credible group of predator hunters in the USA and nobody is talking about hunting like they should be. My fault of course because I'm stuck on this political shit, but still, it would be nice in somebody started a conversation every now and then, about hunting.

I'm going to do it just as soon as I'm able, Not only didn't I hunt this past year, but I did not even visit my club, haven't popped a cap in about a year or so due to health problems.

So, would somebody mind picking up the slack so these guys do not have to lower their standards and associate with unworthy people? Do they still say things like Yotes, and Song Dogs over there at PM?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS the otherwise is, I can just shut down this crap if nobody's interested anymore?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 10:52 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
The Crimson Toad banned me many many moons ago. I haven't been back since.

I haven't posted much on any boards for the last few years. I'm pretty sure the guys on this board know a hell of a lot more than I do. Also, most subjects have already been beat to death.

Carey shut his board down. I'd hate to see this one go too.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 11:03 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I occasionally get a comment from someone upset that I post there.

It's the only game in town, for an active predator site. I know of no other. Most of my online friends are there.

Why anyone else could give a crap though, is beyond me. Who has nothing better to do than worry about other peoples business? I thought that's what we had liberals for?

I think I'm in the same boat as anyone else, as far as posting hunting stuff here. I always figure, most of the guys here, have been there and done that for so long they don't have any interest in my piddly bullshit. So I killed a few more coyotes, again, using basically the same sounds and equipment and techniques as the last hundred times I killed a few coyotes. Whoopee...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 8 posted January 28, 2018 01:32 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
"So I killed a few more coyotes, again, using basically the same sounds and equipment and techniques as the last hundred times I killed a few coyotes."

Yeah but we keep doing it. All of us here keep doing it. It hasnt gotten so old that we have stopped doing it. We still love seeing hunt pictures and dead critters. If anyone here posts their pictures, I doubt anyone else here would consider them show-offs or any such BS. I love seeing that stuff. I miss it - especially here!! We all know that some days we get one, some days none, some day several. I would still love to hear about the hunt how it went and may be a picture or 2.

I personally really enjoy just putting faces to the names. I think it would be cool if every time someone from the board when Went hunting for A-day, It would be great if they posted a picture and a few sentences whether or not critters were even kills or whether it was 1 or 2 or possibly a mountain......
Didn't TR say couple of months ago that they killed 79 or some such crazy number in Wyoming and then failed miserably at even letting us see one solitary picture!?!?

I am ashamed to admit I have had to turn to Facebook to get my fix

[ January 28, 2018, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 01:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....so, confession is good for the soul, I have been told? LOL Umm, yes, your name was mentioned.

I don't care, [Roll Eyes] what you do, Dave, but this snitch ratted you out, otherwise I'd have never known. Let's reach some sort of equilibrium. If you post there, you should post here, too. Besides, it's part of the release, (or was it a contract?) you signed when you joined, I'm sure you remember? I meant to have you sign it, I have it somewhere?

Anyway, you are a valuable member, so you have to keep your posts up, or else. Just check in once in a while. Not hard to do. That's all we ask. These guys want to know what you're up to. Me too.

And, more stuff on TSS!
Good hunting. El Bee

PS you know me, I'm just kidding, don't take it serious

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 05:37 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG OMG OMG OMG...yes... GASP! I post over there...like Ive confessed before. I sell calls there too.

So your email pal got on and with his second post he started insulting some guy, and I made a comment about assholes coming on the forum with their second post insulting someone. I dont care what fucking forum your on, thats just annoying. Dont know why I even care? Thread got deleted, what else is new?
Then, I got this scathing pm..

"good to see a two faced internet pansy slithering back here on PM

LB would be so "pwoud"

I dont recognize the guy, he went by "Parr" as his handle. Maybe I know him from here? Maybe we were friends or at least cool with one another? Dont know, dont care. It was obvious he is behind the times, the PM fued is over, no one gives a shit... Im over it and started posting a little bit over there and a couple good dudes encouraged me to sell some shit. It is obvious that it is slowing down and dying there just like most forums. If it or any other forum went offline tomorrow, I wouldnt give a shit. I would miss this one though, have to admit but thats about it.

I have dipped my toe into the facebook group thing...reluctantly..said I never would..but Im trying it. So far, its nothing earth shattering. Not sure if Ill continue or not.

So, mr Parr must have a boring existence up there in Wyoming?

Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rifleshooter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 06:08 PM      Profile for Rifleshooter           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll go back to PMS when pussgut dies and hell freezes over. Hopefully both happen soon.

--------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but is no match for a Colt.

Posts: 29 | From: CA-AZ-MT | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 07:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, the name he used is: Clyde Treadwell.

I don't know him, I have no idea if he's a member or a lurker?

I get email along the same lines, not often, but regularly, like once a year, something like that. Out of the blue, always. I have yet to even attempt a response, with this or any in the past. I assume the email address is bogus? And, I'm not saying one person is responsible for a string of messages. I do not get the feeling that any of them are sent out of genuine concern.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 07:49 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Like Dave ( who is a rockstar over at PM) said...not sure why anyone would care? Very strange indeed.

I'm locking this thread!
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted January 28, 2018 08:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rockstar?

Does he have a posse?

Celebrity Hunts?

No shit, Mark?

edit: oops, sorry, I didn't see it was locked!

[ January 28, 2018, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 08:47 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
On another note...anyone have any good javelina hunting spots over in AZ? Not going till next Jan, have a bud who's been thru the ringer and he's building his strength back up over this year. We will be bowhunting.
Mark

[ January 28, 2018, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2018 08:49 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
...and yes, I'm asking for all your best honey holes.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 12:22 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've seen, javelina numbers are down due to an on-going drought. There are still pockets of pigs somewhere, but you'll work to find them.
Maybe hire Paul to guide. He knows where everything is.
I haven't bought a pig tag in a long time.
The Welcome Mat's out, though for you guys to stop by & visit if you're over this way.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 03:20 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
Took my nephew lion calling in Seligman Saturday went to my favorite lion spot and called in a troupe of stink pigs approx. 50 60 ish no shit.
Another time I was calling Javelina and nothing seemed to be coming after a good spell so I got up and walked out in to the thigh high weeds in front of me only to find I was surrounded by them must have been at least 40 or more . If you want to hunt in January its cold up here. I can take you out if you wish. They seem to be much larger than the desert javy I used to hunt down south and the numbers are good.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 03:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. I have a 28 ft camp trailer for guests but bring you heater buddies ! the heater is broken !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 03:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have not been to PM in more than 4 years I still have one name that is still good ,I think, and has not been banned by the frog hammer.

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 06:18 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm locking this thread".... LMAO Mark!!!

That type of internet 'click' shit where some get pissed about others' activity does seems to parallel the libtard mindset. I say, live & let live...and worry bout ya self!

As for PM, after having been on the outside and the inside, It is what it is. I will still forever be grateful for the opportunity to make lifelong friends both on the forum, and in person at their annual hunts they put on in Globe, years back. Say what ya want about the politics & whatnot, that blessing of friendships has continued to blossom over the years...

I do wish that this crew here would get a Ronde put together again!!! Hasn't it been long enough, already?

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 07:44 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Spot on Fred !

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 08:02 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for the info! Paul, may have to take ya up on it...will consider. Thank you!
Mark

--------------------

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 09:22 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the author of the strange email Leonard received is a pro PMS member who just wishes to stir the pot up over here. Too bad his scheme didn't work being as how we are all grownups over here.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 09:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to believe that someone's life is so shallow that they concern themselves with such petty shit.

Knock-em-around; There will be some kind of Campout this fall even if the only participants is me, a bottle of wine and a campfire.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Honey holes for Javelina? Years ago, I would have said Sierra Vista, Tombstone, or anywhere east of Nogales.

But, I started seeing much bigger pigs up around Mormon Lake where my cousin has a place.

Where I have seen the most, in the past few years, (and it's hit and miss, anyway) is Prescott area. Go figure.

In other words, it's like gold. they are where you find them. And, that's not much help, especially when flinging pointed sticks at them. Good luck though.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS I have no problem with a campout, it's just that I get disappointed when rockstars back out. (come on Dave, you can take a little kidding) Truthfully, I have not felt up to it lately.

[ January 29, 2018, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2018 06:50 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
I make it over to PM regular, normally to look thru the classifieds, and post in the dog forum some.
A few guys here run dogs but most do not. Same with the trapping, I trap and call and I never had the impression trapping was a big thing here. Not that anyone I can remember ever speaking against it. Just not a popular subject. I'll see about post something in the hunting section Leonard. Haven't shot many this season. At 42, but as of last night at 108 for trapping.(Not counting Mexico) I never really cared how they went in the truck. Trap, gun, snare, truck or a claw hammer. As long as they went in the truck. Its the amount of fur at the end of the season that says how good of a season you had. Not how it made it there.

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2018 07:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Brent. No reason for the lack of emphasis on trapping. Personally, I have never done it, and as far as I know, the assholes have made it illegal here? But you are welcome to bring it up whenever you like and as often. I'm interested, just dumb about it.

And yes, if you get any information about Javelina, also appreciated.

Good hunting. El Bee

I agree with you about the body count, doesn't matter how you do it.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2018 07:59 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Only your best honey holes, is what we are after. No sandbagging.

I love trapping! This state is so fucked up.
Mark

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters