The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Polymer Broadheads ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Polymer Broadheads ???
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2017 01:09 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know anything, yea or nay, about these 'Cheap Shot' broadheads from coldsteel.com ???
The promo video looks pretty impressive.
I'm finding them on Ebay for $38.00 for a bulk pack of 50.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7477 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2017 04:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDQ4NSG4JQA

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2017 07:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
According to Paul's video, they look like a disposable, one time use, if it's not windy.

Also, where did they get that "Texan"? Central Casting?

Every time I get into You Tube, I get hooked into watching several unrelated and there goes an hour. Thanks Paul.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS as far as the durability of the cheap shot arrowhead, there is a few other possibilities, such as UHMW or Delrin, probably others that wouldn't shatter. Whether they could be reusable or not, That's something for a little weekend project, ko ko. Get with it!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31261 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2017 12:13 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing that I'll have a bit less problems shooting them out of my 'curve at slower speeds than out of a compound and using minimal fletch.
Sounds like he may have had some issues with his nocking point height, too.
If nothing else, they should be Hell on jackrabbits.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7477 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2017 03:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Man! I don't know, ko ko? You sure you want to do this? Why not airsoft like the rest of us? Think it over!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tedo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2017 07:45 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how UHMW would work for broad heads but it is tough and slippery. They use it on the runners of dog sleds, airboat bottoms and a outfit in Fairbanks makes siglin style sleds to tow behind snow machines and carry every thing imaginable and remains flexible down to -60 F. I used it to cover the bottom of a toboggan rig I built out of aluminum that held a ice auger for ice fishing. It was not uncommon to head out to a lake thirty or more miles out at 30 mph with minimum wear after seasons of use. The Iditarod mushers put over a thousand miles on their sleds over some rough country.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2017 03:08 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I like the idea ,maybe Like Tedo said its just a materials issue broadheads are terribly expensive.
As for youtube Leonard you're welcome.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhMIQNa22o8

Here's another point of view !

[ November 21, 2017, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2017 03:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhMIQNa22o8

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2017 05:08 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I'm seeing in the various videos the weak spot is where the threaded ferrule meets the main part of the head.
I also cringe when I see how little fletching people are using these days. That works well with mechanical heads. Not so much with fixed blades. Even less so when there's wind at different angles involved.
If nothing else, they're an excuse to get out on a fine sunny day and do some roving / testing.
.............and they're going to look really cool in my bow quiver at tournaments !!!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 21, 2017 07:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
UHMW=Ultra High Molecular Weight

edit: this morning's sexual assault charges (still) do not include Hillary? Be brave ladies, (and gentlemen) what's the worst that could happen?

Oh? yeah, pretty bad! That's quite a list!

Vincent Foster? He's unable to complain about sexual harassment.....

[ November 21, 2017, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2017 03:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Vince Foster was so disturb at seeing Hillary nude he shot himself in the head twice !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2017 07:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
...........and Bill developed a taste for chunky, dumpy women (to not have sex with).

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2017 08:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It is very difficult to picture Bill and Hillary doing it. I bet they haven't in a long time? And, you know the word on the street, she's actually a muff diver? Although I should be ashamed for thinking this, I would like to see a photo of Hilary naked, just to confirm what I think is an unappetizing mental picture. Gag me with a spoon!

Secretly, in some ways, I find homely females a little bit arousing and damned if I can understand why? I must be very sick? WAIT! No, I don't mean to suggest that Hillary turns me on! Never happen! Forget that shit! I just mean, her body contours are very concealed it would be interesting to see exactly what the bitch looks like dressed as a nude Sea Nimph. She seems to have the body of an adult version of a Cherub, know what I mean, the ones that fly on tiny wings and play harps and violins with a narrow red ribbon that covers their modesty? Yeah, I'm sick alright! Damn, make me shut up!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS all time record for drifting off topic. Sorry!

edit: I see it's not my fault. ko ko started it! He's the sick one!

edit: no, wait! Paul started it. GO TO YOUR ROOM!

[ November 22, 2017, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2017 12:38 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
And with that....Im locking this thread.
Mark

[ November 22, 2017, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2017 01:43 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a good idea to lock it..........but I've got a Senior Discount Card. [Smile]

On a more positive note, I just did something smart !!!
I found a really sweet 80# Damon Howatt recurve on Ebay.............AND DIDN'T BID ON IT !!!!!!

[Cool]

--------------------

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2017 06:52 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
80...dang. I'm pulling 55, and that's enough for me.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2017 02:24 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I just got done talking to my analyst about what you just posted and she told me I should give you her number....LOL You poor demented soul you..LOL Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the members here....Walt

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2017 07:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, certainly! I'm a poor demented soul with a warped sense of, (what the hell is it) not humor? Let's call it sick curiosity, and I'm ashamed. I will banish such thoughts, it's not good for my mental health. The group needs to pitch in, I can't do it alone. Thanks!

This is the weirdest Thanksgiving yet. My flight is 2:30 this afternoon and I'm told dinner will be served just as soon as I walk in the door. And, it's just to save a few bucks....or $400, as the case may be? I'm wondering if the plane will be half full? Never saw that on a Southwest flight but there's always a first time.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I thought we locked this shit?

[ November 23, 2017, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2017 07:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Blame me..........I dis-locked it with my Senior Discount Card. You slide the card between the door & the jam behind the locking bolt & bring it forward.

Yes, get help !!!
Turn to your family for support.
Join a gym & surround yourself with women that can bench press more than you.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2017 10:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The flight was even overbooked, not an empty seat. Some guy that had the very last "C" group wandered all the way to the back and up from again and the stewardess got him in a middle seat in the second row. Then the person on the aisle decided to move over and this last place schmuck wound up with a premium seat on the aisle in the second row, which is great for deplaning. Like he won the Lottery, and later, in the air, as I was in the next row on the aisle on the opposite side, I saw him picking his nose.

Then, since I was one of the first off, and I didn't have checked bags, I went right to ground transportation. And, I waited and waited. Eventually, I saw Corey drive past THREE times and never looked my way! After more than 30 minutes on the ground, he parked at the extreme end of the baggage area, I missed noticing him there, and he walked back and carried my bag for me. Didn't help that this was a new vehicle that I'd never seen before.

Dinner was excellent. It's true that turkey makes you very sleepy. I went to bed early. Long day.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters