The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Anybody hunting ? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Anybody hunting ?
Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2017 05:36 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I let the outfit I am working for take care of all the transportation, food and other issues.
I have went down before and its always something different. There is always at least one train wreck no matter how well you try to be prepared.
But its what the dollar pays so I'll keep going.

Vic, losses for deer, turkeys and calves.

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2017 06:24 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a hunch turkey loss would figure into that job. Sounds like a great trip, and nice country to do it in. Trapping, rifle, or both?
Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2017 07:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, you have put the situation as well as I ever could, and you are fortunate that you have somebody doing the paperwork for you. But, not only are the Mexicans a stickler for regulations, they don't seem to know what the hell they are doing, BUT they are very sure about it, and it used to drive me batty!

Just remember, as soon as you cross that border, you have zero rights and they are certain to remind you of it at every opportunity. How a guy like Tim can live in that country, I will never know.

I have an old school chum that lives down in Baja since he retired. He thinks it's great and I keep telling him that Mexico can take everything he owns. They can, and they have.

We were down there one time with a Mexican man that worked with my partner. I believe he was a US citizen but had lived many years and was born there. He happened to see a cartridge in the back of the truck and became very concerned until we tossed it. This particular time, we had no guns and no permits. If he was worried, with his command of the language and his status, then venturing without him, we felt naked.

The things we used to do in that little shit town of Zaragoza when I was in the Army, scares me to think about, today! One time we even unlocked the jail and let a friend out because the cop was tied up somewhere else. I mean, they might even shoot you and throw some dirt over ya, and shrug. I admit it, I'm psyched out.

There is a big market/grocery store down in Cabo, probably several? But we needed to get coolers to bring back frozen fish. You know, even the cheapest styrofoam 30? quart containers, not sturdy for travel were $40! Something you would expect to pay maybe two dollars for, in the states. And Taxi's? They have higher rates than New York City! It's a Gyp Joint. Ok end of rant!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS it reminds me of those UCLA basketball players arrested for shoplifting in China. Some of these foreign countries, you have to be a moron to break the law! Like North Korea; you steal a poster and they beat you senseless and send you home to die! Mexico ain't far behind!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2017 09:56 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I used to venture down to Rocky Point for new years in our motorhome then some folks were killed along the side of the road we used to take we nave not been back since and many more have perished on that road by bandits a drug cartels. Fuk Mexico Ill hunt up here and not too close to the border either time was I'd shoot one here and retrieve it on the other side never again ! Good fortune and be safe Brent . oh yeah and trust no one !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2017 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I've hunted that road down to Rocky Point at night, many times, But mostly around a little place called Doctor and over closer to the gulf, in the swamps. I think they mostly hunt birds, not rabbits. I swear, those coyotes are so stupid, they walk right up to the truck and look up at ya. Pretty safe place to be, too. Imagine holding a shotgun over the side and pointing it straight down. Those were the days, but I won't be back.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2017 11:24 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Mexico scares the crap outta me. When our nephew was in the seminary before he was ordained a Catholic Priest, he was sent to Southern Mexico to be ‘immersed’ with a family so he could learn Spanish.

After this 3 or 4 month period, 3 of the priests from their seminary went through Mexico picking up the seminarians in a 15 passenger van for the trek back to Chicago. As they were on the trip back, they were going through Mexico City and got stopped by ‘police’. These were guys in rent a cop uniforms with very real guns.

They made all of the priests and seminarians get out of the van and basically shook them down for all of their cash, watches, and anything else of value. When they were done, one of the guys rode with them to the outskirts of Mexico City so they wouldn’t get rolled again.

Any country that allows that kind of open graft and corruption isn’t any place I want to stay long.

My nephew said the ironic part of the whole ordeal, was that when he realized he wasn’t going to die, he happened to look at the license plate on one of the cars owned by the ‘cops’…he said it happened to be a Kansas tag!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2017 12:32 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, a shit hole...and you know, whitey stole California and other western states from Mexico, so, they are slowly taking it back according to them...by increasing the mex population here. Yes, when you breed like rats, its a simple numbers game, of course you will. Then, it can be a shit hole here to.

Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2017 01:51 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Who in their right mind would want to go to a third world shithole like Mexico anyways? Even if the hunting was or is good. Don't drink the water and don't eat the food whitey. You are not welcome there.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 638 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2017 07:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, those license plates. There is a big junk yard in Ajo where people that try to enter the US via Lukeville. Apparently they think that driving into Mexico from El Paso or Brownsville means that they can sneak back out, way over in Lukeville. Of course, some that the Federales want, they keep, especially 4 wheel drive and Suburbans.

But anyway, this guy with the junk yard he gets almost all of those vehicles that are seized at the border. We had to buy a Ford truck from him one time and since it was a sunday, there was no Western Union but we paid for that truck with nine guns!
True story!

Actually, my partner drove down there with a trailer to pick up his hunting truck and paid for the Ford and got all our guns back. If you are looking for a decent deal on a late model vehicle at a good price, he's got them.(the junk yard) The dead giveaway as to where that vehicle has been is to pop the hood and notice the Mexican battery. But he will tell you, no secret. The insurance company doesn't really want the cars back anyway so that's who he buys them from and he's usually the only bidder. And, he has a selection of 30/40 decent vehicles at any time, ready to go. Pat used that Ford in his business for a long time, it was only one or two years old when we got it.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: oh, and that was the best use of AAA roadside assistance ever! because this junk yard was the closest nearest facility, 168 miles from our place of breakdown.

edit: you are right, Walt. This is why you learn to brush your teeth with beer. Oh, and they refill the Sparklets bottles, don't be fooled!

[ November 16, 2017, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2017 07:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you guys know the only way to get to Sonora from Baja? Unless you swim, there is a railroad trestle that crosses the Colorado River, in Mexico. It's one way, and you go bumpily bump across the ties, open air down to the river about 30 feet down.

It's a little informal, you have to wait your turn, coming or going. It's crazy and dangerous but it's the only way to get to the closest town in Sonora, the name of which is called, "kilometer 57" that's no shit, the actual name, not a single paved street or sidewalk in town.

If you look to the side, as you cross, you will see a small guard shack off to the side, on both sides and you can see what remains of the vehicle bridge that washed out 25 years ago but has never been rebuilt. The reason is because there used to be a toll for the bridge but the railroad trestle is free, and the Mexicans are ok with that. Go figure.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Brent Parker
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2017 08:28 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
NVWALT, never been accused of being in my right mind, and if you haven't figured it out no one get out of this game alive. It just is. These folks have enough invested in this project to want to keep me alive. Its on going and continues to get better for both of us. I'll be leaving in about a week and back in December.

While things aren't as nice as in the US this ranch has better accommodations than I live in. So over all its not bad. Good food and clean water. The difference between being on a good ranch and staying in town. The people have been friendly so far I can't complain. But as I mentioned something always seems to go south, it just depends on how you handle it for how the rest of your stay is. Take it in stride and realize were your at and keep plugging along or start winning and acting like a bitch cause shit isn't going your way. Its just as easy to shake your head, laugh and keep killing shit. Its what I'm there for.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2017 10:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, in spite of my reservations and the fact that my passport has expired, if you needed a helper, I bet that would be a hell of a learning experience! In a way, I envy you, Brent.

Apparently, your employers have enough juice to keep the cartels off the property? But, truthfully, I used to be just as concerned of the Federales. WE would pass things like power relay stations, and all sorts of infrastructure and there would be a 16 year old soldier with an M16. I just wondered what kind of restraint these boys had before they pulled the trigger and hosed everybody down?

I stayed at a Club Med resort down in Colima one time. Very nice, a couple of girl Vaqueros on horseback guided us up the trail to the clubhouse. The chatter was that they had been robbed by some banditos recently and never caught. That's Mexico. This part of of the allure, that element of danger! Don't kid yourself, it's there and you have no rights whatsoever. And, the US State Department is a bunch of pussies, and they aren't particularly interested in helping United States citizens.

That fucking Obama and Lurch, his Secretary of State would not help a Marine that wound up in Mexico by mistake and spent a long time in jail because he had a couple weapons. If you have a weapon, don't expect any help from the Obama Administration. Some nice lady congresswoman from Florida got him out of that shithole where he was chained to a bed!

We really should invade Mexico, make it the 51st state and improve the crummy roads and see to it that the water is drinkable. Everybody would be better off except a few thousand extremely wealthy Mexicans that don't give a shit about the masses. The problem is, Mexicans are so complacent, they are okay with being fucked over by the wealthy. If we invaded, they would all be able to go to school and learn to read and write.

The way it is now, Mexicans have an inferiority complex, they pretty much hate Americans, as well as Mexican Americans. It's hopeless.Here they are next door to the wealthiest country in the world, like Canada, and unlike Canada, they are a backward 3rd world country, and there is no excuse for it. Fact is, it's actually a beautiful country. They have every climate you can imagine from desert to tropical jungle, and Monterey is up in the mountains, so you have everything including the cheapest gasoline on the planet. We used to get a case of Cokes in 16 oz glass bottles for a dollar, it's more now but at the time, the gas was twelve cents a gallon. Even today, they fire shots into downtown El Paso from Juarez, across the river. I don't know now, but Juarez used to have a higher population than El Paso?

Mexico, don't even try to figure it out.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2017 04:46 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I ain't too keen on leaving USA, either. Been blessed to have traveled some, enough to realize there's a whole lotta shit in our country to visit/enjoy/discover/hunt/ etc.

Be safe, Brent!

Heck of a haul again, Dave! Are your TSS loads still performing to your satisfaction?

Just got back from Okieland. Pard & I drew a limited 2 day public land muzzleloader deer tag. Put the Comanche stalk on this sucka & smoked him @ 60yds:
 -

Got to visit with Cat Daddy KJ, do some shootin' out to 1K, drink some beer & generally have a friggin' pisser! And being that we tagged out on deer a day early, we made a couple stands & killed a couple coyotes. Can't go to Okieland without that!!!

Headed up for our home deer opener a day late, to wait on my buddy. More excited to see that white coyote, than a decent deer...

Keep gettn' after 'em!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2017 06:10 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like good eating Fred!

Yup, TSS continues to impress. Used #4 all weekend. Shots were pretty much standard issue. One small young female, broadside at 53 yards, dropped like a rock, found five or six pellets had penetrated clean through. Tiny little 4s. At 50 yards.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2017 06:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Fred. Just noticed on the second look, that's a friggin' whitetail! Weird antler.

Dave, the TSS sure looks promising! Total passthroughs with #4 shot at 53 yards? Really, it's hard to believe?

I'd still go a little bigger on diameter rather than pellet count.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2017 08:16 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
After I use up what I have left of the 4s I don't think I'll get any more of them. I do prefer the extra punch of a larger pellet. Would like to try some 3s.

And yeah, it is hard to believe. I haven't and won't post the most amazing/impressive things I have seen so far with TSS, it would just sound like bullshit.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brent Parker
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2017 11:03 PM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Well headed out in a few hours, packed and ready to go. Be back sometime around the 1st of December.
Leonard I'll remember I am just a dumb gringo and try to keep my head down.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2017 07:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, have a good time and don't worry!
If we need to take up a collection for the
redemption, should you be taken captive,
(God forbid) You can count on us!

Good hunting. LB

edit: He was a good guy....

[ November 25, 2017, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2017 12:05 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Brent is an Airedale he be back but only when he wants to come back !
LOL

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brent Parker
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2017 06:56 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I made it back in one piece! Had a good time, good food and good people. Killed a lot of coyotes, that country is over run and hadn't seen any calling pressure. I was a lot of fun. Plan to go back down in the spring and do a little denning work for them. Good time all around.

Leonard, thanks for the offer, glad I didn't need to take you up on it.

Going to take a dog down next run now that I know the requirements. Pretty simple process.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2017 08:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brent,
Good to know you were successful and made it back okay. I've been out of the US for extended periods before and I have to say, it feels good to be back. Almost chokes a man up, sometimes.

Mexico is a beautiful country but the people that run the place are evil. You can never trust them, they will go back on their word with a shrug that only a bribe can change. And, law enforcement is the worst, just about all police can be bribed.

A friend of mine witnessed the murder of a policeman down there in San Filipe a long time ago. Cured him! It's like this; if you just want to buy some shit, and risk incarceration for who knows how long, you just might pop a cop? I guess it's a take no prisoners situation? Fucked up but the only solution is to stay out of the country.

You are fortunate Brent. There are other parts of the country where they can, and will feed you to the hogs. Scares me to death! Sorry to sound like a wet blanket. The resorts are still reasonably safe for economic reasons. Out in the sticks, Mexicans are world class in playing dumb!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters