The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Bill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bill
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted October 27, 2017 05:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what I was expecting but I just got a statement. The bill for six days is a little over $72,000 and they have determined that I owe $1,050 of that amount. Compared to another member's cost for procedures, (I am aware of), sounds rather cheap? I don't know how unsustainable is Medicare, but compared to Obamacare, it's not my worry.

As I see it, with Obamacare, the big lie is the huge deductibles before Obamacare pays for anything. They say, usual about $7,000 up. So, you pay your premium, maybe $500 a month and Obamacare doesn't pay a dime until you satisfy your deductibles. So, let's see? $500 X 12 months, $6,000+$7,000=$13,000. Thirteen grand before Obamacare pays anything, unless you are in certain categories, like poverty when it's free? And, the average Bloke with employer insurance who pays $13,000 which helps to cover that impoverished group that get's it free thanks to Obamacare.

All over my head but I thank the taxpayers for covering most of my bill. And, who are the taxpayers? When about 49% pay no income tax at all, I guess that leaves middle income and the wealthy to pay for it? Yet, the Democrats keep screaming that the rich are about to get a tax break. Without the rich bankrolling the Federal government, the rest of us would pay a lot more, including those at the bottom currently paying NOTHING.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS please feel free to correct my math if you find errors.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2017 12:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Seems to me..................
That the 'poor' are rewarded for staying poor and the 'wealthy' are punished for being successful.

[Confused]

Now if we wanted to be 'fair' (to use the left's favorite word) we would flat tax EVERYONE with a higher rate on the poor and a lower rate on the wealthy.
Give tax breaks for things like going to trade schools & investments and increased tax rates for large numbers of illegitimate children, drug use and other drains on society.

No ??

BTW; El Bee, it sounds like you got off seriously cheap. When I had my heart attack & went home with a stent the before insurance numbers were WAY higher than that.
You sure you didn't miss a zero somewhere ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2017 01:32 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
What gets me is after you get your bill and pay it, every month or so someone else from the hospital sends you another bill. Why can't they all come at once?

[ October 27, 2017, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2017 01:02 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh good ole medical bills. Had a helicopter flight that alone cost 47000 dollars , not to mention the hospital and doctor bills. Went bankrupt on that one and that was the first one for me. The wife before she died had close to half a mil in doctor and hospital bills. We went bankrupt on that one also. Have lost everything just a few times because of doctor and hospital bills. And that is only part of the story. I do believe that the price gouging is pretty good for anything medical in the good ole USA.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2017 01:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
After my insurance company claimed pre existing condition and dumped me I only owe $780,000.00
wonder how the company that bought that debt ever expect to get it all before I'm dead. I send them a few hundred a month as long as I send something there is nothing they can do. Oh well just keep pluggin along . Oh and that's just the hospital bill then there are diagnostics , anesthesia , and physical therapy the hits just keep on coming , the lesson is don't get sick it sucks !

[ October 29, 2017, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2017 06:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Some truth to "the hits keep coming". I have two envelops from Kaiser I haven't opened that look suspiciously like "bills".

But, compared to what Paul has going on, I'm a pimple on a gnat's ass. At least I can eat. Corey and I just had a very nice prime rib at the Sycamore Inn, (my treat) to thank him for all his help the past couple+ weeks. One of the best I have had in recent memory and the horseradish was also the best. But, I can eat. Thank God for small favors!

Don't get sick! Good advice!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2017 05:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its not that bad ,so I drink my meals I still enjoy cooking for others. I'm on this side of the dirt and that's all I asked God for. all is well and as it should be.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2017 06:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a perfect attitude, Paul. In some ways, I envy you. I said, some ways.

I never imagined myself as "old". Takes a little getting used to.

I have been walking around without the girdle for almost a week now. Using my walking stick less, all the time. I have a barrel full of crushed aluminum cans that I need to take to the recycling place. One problem, I have no idea how I'm going to lift it into the truck? Another part of getting old that takes some getting used to. Must be at least fifty bucks worth and I've reached the point where I can't fit even one more can, so I think I need to load some into trash bags. Hell, that will buy half a tank of gas! Worth saving over a year. Maybe it's been two years? Yes, No or maybe?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2017 09:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
I used to work part time at a recycling lot.
Interesting job. It didn't take too long and a 'feel' was developed for bags of cans that had rocks, bottles etc. to add weight.
Had Mr. Meth himself come in one day with a bag of cans that I thought he had put a cinder block in.
Turned out he had put brass bushings (big ones) in with the cans and thought he was going to score more money.
I wrote him out a buy ticket for the entire weight and he left happy.........but not knowing that clean brass is worth way more than cans.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2017 11:11 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, that does not surprise me at all. I think the docs and hospitals regularly overcharge Medicare and Medicaid.

Back in 2013 when my MIL was still alive, she was getting synthetic cartilage shots in her knees. Medicare paid for two shots per year per knee at $2,500 a pop.

The orthopedist indicated she could be doing better if she got the shots quarterly...this of course prompted the haggler-in-chief, (my wife), to ask how much he would charge if they were paid in cash.

To this, he responded $500 per shot! They charge Medicare 5 TIMES more than a cash deal just because they can! This is why the Medicare system is in trouble.

My 2 1/2 days in the hospital with my back surgery is approaching $30,000, with an out of pocket cost to me of around $1,500. Without insurance and the provider write offs, it would have been around $60,000.

Health care is out of control.

Good luck to you, Paul!

[ October 30, 2017, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2017 09:27 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Obama care has been a god send for doctors. My Urologist tells me things he probably shouldn't tell me. I really like him for that. Obama care rewards doctors that do a good job with bonuses. Problem is how do you quantify doing a good job. What they check for is who marks off all of the proper boxes. A software company has already written a program that does that automatically so the doctors always get their bonuses. It has cost us the taxpayers millions if not billions.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters