The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » To quote Hillarys new book...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To quote Hillarys new book...
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2017 11:14 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
...What happened (?)
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2017 11:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea.............we're back !!!!!
"Bout time for an update on how you're doing, El Bee.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2017 12:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just on my initial solo adventure at Costco, (where else) when I got the news, myself.

Said adventure really wore me out but I will provide some background as soon as I catch my breath. Needless to say, GoDaddy gets the blame. It's complicated. Later. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2017 12:45 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Tell us about the labor pains when you're ready. I'm just glad you delivered the beautiful baby [Big Grin] .

Good to have Huntmasters back! You too Leonard [Big Grin] .

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2017 05:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave!

Yes, I'm back, if driving around Costco in one of their electric carts is "back"?

As I was told in my "post op" last Tuesday, my progress will be measured weekly, not daily. In other words week four will seem slightly better than week #3. I drove for the first time yesterday, and that was to drive myself from the airport where I took control of the beast after Corey drove us down there. So, today, I felt adventurous and went to do a little shopping....kinda kicked my ass, though.

I have had the "binder" off for a couple hours this afternoon. It's an elastic and velcro girdle that I have been wearing morning, noon and night since I woke up about 10:30PM the night of the surgery.

As far as the Board, GoDaddy decided that Huntmasters was a pain in the ass, what with the UBB code, etc. and decided to move me to an upgrade. Whereas before they wanted me to pay a few hundred $ this time they just did it, and what professionals! They didn't even check to see that everything was working as it should. Which it wasn't.

So, to protect my security, they locked me out of the control panel, actually everything. And, they had some bogus record on file and all they would tell me was the phone number ended in"80". None of my numbers and none that belonged to Corey ended in "80" but they have this secure policy to make sure nobody gains access who doesn't belong. One thing lead to another and here we are three fucking weeks later when they finally allowed Corey to get in there and turn everything on. As I said, I was at Costco when he called me from Reno where he and Shelley are attending my uncle's funeral tomorrow. You know, Uncle Dick who was chasing ALIENS, a month ago? They put him in a home and he promptly died, RIP.

Anyway, Corey is the hero; this stuff is beyond my abilities. In fact, when Shelley had to go back to work, it's been Corey who has been taking care of me the past 2 1/2 weeks. And, I really appreciate it.

So, that's the story, in a nutshell.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2017 06:44 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear your Ok LB. I missed this place while it was gone.

I've been fighting passwords & such here and @ work lately. Fuckin' upgrades !!

[ October 22, 2017, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2017 12:29 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear that you're getting out and pushing yourself rather than just staying on the couch !!!

Here's a thought; buy an air rifle, set up a modest outdoor range in your back yard and learn to shoot off of the other shoulder while you're re-habing. You'd probably be violating a half doz. Calif. laws and City ordinances but what the heck.....Fuk Gov. Moonbeam.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2017 07:24 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey were back !!!!! YES

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2017 07:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't describe my adventures as, "pushing myself". There is the vague fear of my guts spilling into my lap with a sneeze, so I exercise all due caution. My trusty Sahuaro walking stick helps me get vertical and assists in the walk from and to the bedroom and bathroom, also my watering duties, for which, I should be reprimanded, as inadequate.

Setting up modest outdoor "range"? Since my orientation is as hunter rather than target shooter, and the only suitable vermin are sparrows, I guess I could thin them out a little? Serious air rifles cost more than real guns. I borrowed one from Aaron a couple years ago when I had a renegade cat terrorizing my backyard. I was unimpressed and gave it back, unbloodied. But, who knows? I might go stir crazy and spend that downpayment I've been saving for a new truck and, instead acquire an air rifle. Then spend my time developing accurate loads.... What? no need? There must be something? Like orienting the high side for consistent grouping. The Germans make some kick ass air rifles and some weird actual firearms. I won't go there, and spend money needed for rations, and butt wipes and other important stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion, ko ko, As you can tell, you have me dazed and confused and with a touch of the vapors. How can I ever thank you?

Good hunting.El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2017 07:54 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear the surgery was a success and you are feeling better Leonard. Yes, definitely keep the girdle on!! Let's keep all your innards where they belong!!

I had to wear a corset for 11 months when I was a 17 year old kid. Nada too fun!! Good thing time flies when we are having fun. Better get out and have some fun!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2017 09:17 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry you are having health problems Leonard.. I've kinda been out of the loop lately. Get well soon.

I've been working on phase one of our house remodel. Phase 1 is the biggest phase and is now done. I'm starting phase 2 which isn't nearly as big as Phase 1. I've told the wife I gotta go hunting, but my hunting partner is gone right now. I have a call in to a retired club member hoping he will go next week during the week sometime. I also told the wife I want three days a week off to do my stuff. Posting this made me realize I need to get my eys checked. I can barely see my mistakes.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1926 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters