The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Randy Roede (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Randy Roede
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2017 04:32 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I did not see this post sooner.

News of Randy's passing was a hard pill for many to swallow. Randy had recently suffered a mild stroke and was on a good road to recovery before the accident. The two (accident and stroke recovery) were not related.

Randy was very dedicated to his profession and I respected him for that. Randy was always willing to share with others. He had a keen sense of humor and wit about him that you couldn't help but enjoy.

The services were nice and well attended. Lots and lots of flowers. His fellow employees all dressed in camo as it was rare to ever find Randy not wearing camo. Very fitting and appreciated by the family.

Randy and I had our differences and sadly most were probably based on misunderstandings and an inability to separate sarcasm from what might have been construed as derogatory comments. I am very glad Randy and I corresponded recently about his stroke recovery process ..... then this happened.

An event like this affects everyone differently. I sit here wishing that I had reached out earlier and worked out differences because, as Jewell said, "in the end, only kindness matters". We were both passionate about the same things and had no real reason not to be best friends.

Randy Roede will be missed by many.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted September 26, 2017 05:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Scott,

I'm very glad you checked in here. There has been a tiny bit of conversation, (back channels) about the Huber/Roade relationship and it's good to know that you guys got squared away.

Unfortunately, I never met the man but wish I had. Both you guys are a credit to the vocation.

I also hope that whatever friction developed between you and Cal can be eliminated, and set aside. Life's too short, man.

Good hunting. E Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31258 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters