The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Randy Roede (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Randy Roede
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 04:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw on Facebook the Randy has passed.
I don't no any details , Just prayers for the family.

[ September 18, 2017, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 04:58 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that.

Was just thinking about him day before yesterday, for some reason. Sitting on a stand by myself at the time.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 05:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!

Randy has not posted here in quite a while. That's sad news, for sure. I didn't think he was a very old man?

If anybody else has a few details, it would be appreciated.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 06:48 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Had Randy on my mind yesterday, too. Dog got a mild perfuming via skunk 'altercation'. Couldn't help but chuckle to myself from recalling a fond memory and thinking "my dog smells like Randy Roede's garage"...

Sad news.

Sincere condolences to his loved ones & close friends, Couldn't meet a nicer gentleman & honored to have known him...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 07:04 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
A pheasant flew up and went through the wind sheild of a semi. The driver lost control and crossed the median and struck Randy and his wife Terrie...killing them both. Had just heard from him three days ago......tragic and sad. If you had ever visited the garage Fred mentioned or seen his shed behind the house, you could understand why some called him "The Man".

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 07:36 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad news. He seemed like a real good guy.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 08:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, you just never know when your time is up!

You know, the same, (sorta) thing happened to a long time childhood friend, Richard Cooper. He and his brother Johnny were enroute to a family reunion in Tennessee when John had a front wheel blowout on his 4X4; crossed over the median and hit a truck head on. Richard was really messed up, (still is) but Johnny died, instantly. I've known the whole family for something like 60 years, neighbors. I hunt with Richard occasionally, perhaps my closest friend?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 12:05 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently His wife is gone as well don't know but thinking a traffic accident.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 12:39 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, what a shame.

Here one minute, gone the next...

Life really is too short in some cases.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 01:51 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Randy the guy who shot the 'long tailed' bobcat at one of the camp-outs or am I thinking of somebody else ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 02:39 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I hated learning of this. Randy is one of the good guys. He was always good to me .
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 02:52 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I met Randy a few years back when I drove up to get my dog from him. We talked for a while.I took a liking to him. Seemed like a really good guy. I am saddened to hear this about him and his wife. Prayers for them.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 03:39 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ksfy.com/content/news/2-die-in-fiery-interstate-crash-in-Jones-County-over-weekend-445396503.html

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 07:34 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I was sooo sad to hear this. I will be praying for their families!!

Can we hear more about his garage CrossJ?

[ September 18, 2017, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2017 10:48 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco....its kinda hard to explain. It was more of a walk through scrap book that you could park a vehicle in. As Fred mentioned, probably one of the first things that catches most peoples attention is the faint smell of skunk essence, but there is also a touch of castor and gland lure mixed in...a welcoming aroma to people who trap and hunt furbearers. The ceiling was covered with antler sheds and the walls were covered with pictures and other info that gave credence to his abilities in his profession. There was a T.V. that allowed you to watch videos of his dogs working, or aerial gunning footage. It was a room filled with everything people who frequent this site enjoys and has a passion for. None of it seemed to carry the boisterous self promotional message that we all run into these days...it was more of a personal tally or score card he had for himself, but was completely willing to share with who ever showed interest.

That's it. That's my description of Randy Roedes garage. RShaw, Tim,Kelly J and Fred have all spent time there as well and may have a different description.

The news of Randys death hit me much harder than I would have expected. I would not have described him as my 'best' friend; we talked just a few times a year, but always seemed to include each other on the group text passing around some tasteless non pc joke. He liked a good laugh and always seemed inclusive to whoever was around him. My son met him one time, but still talks about him to this day. So, I think the thing about Randy Roede was that he was a "good" friend, and they are sometimes the best kind. RIP

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2017 11:31 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! So sad to hear, and what a freak accident.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2017 11:59 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn!
Was in a coyote tourney once and he was on another team yet he still gave me advice.
He was a good man.
R.i.p buddy

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2017 01:58 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievable.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2017 03:55 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Link to funeral home for schedule of services
Can also send an e-card and/or flowers from that link...

[ September 20, 2017, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2017 04:30 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie's recount is just as I recall.
Monster garage, with rafters adorned with hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of deer sheds! Wall covered with photos, with plenty of them showing that 'patina' of age that pictures from the late 70s-80s have...
Several fridges, one for beer & pop, the rest for trappin' stuff...critters, lures, etc.

And don't forget the detached trappin' shed, behind the garage! Man, I bet that shed alone could rival F&T Trading Post's inventory...no BS!
Bench chock full of cable, crimps, s-hooks, links, slides, plus all the ground iron. IIRC, Randy hade over 1500 snares already pre-made & hangin' from the walls!!! Fifteen HUNDRED snares...and he wasn't quite done yet!!!

After a wonderful BBQ, I remember Randy's wife, Terrie, made a batch of kick-azz brownies for everone!!! Little acts of kindness like that have a way of stickin' with a fella...

I've seen Randy Roede been called "the Man" by his friends, and rightfully so.

We all know that grown men have their faults (I know I do), but I just don't believe that Randy had any? Guys who've had the pleasure of sharing Randy's company will know what I mean. He just had this magnanimous, welcoming & jovial spirit that seemed to emanate from within. Ya just couldn't help but like Randy, instantly!

When people like that leave this Earth, we're all at a loss. Randy was truly one of the "good" ones...

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2017 09:21 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry to hear about Randy. It truly saddens me. It amazes me every time one of the guys on this sight either gets sick or passes away that it effects me like it does even when I have never met them in person. My prayers go out to him and his wife,and the family. Another great coyote man gone.
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2017 04:50 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Fred!! That was an awesome way to describe him!
Well done.
One of the most likable ( first impressions) guy I ever met.

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2017 05:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As we lay this one to rest, I just had a thought.

Getting sick and passing away is a very ordinary, but lots of folks have done it

Not exactly shot out of a Gonzo cannon, but still a good one; Smashing into a Semi at highway speed, and with his boots on. What do you think? A fitting end for a talented man. Hard to top that one.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2017 09:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I THINK WAY TOO SOON !

--------------------

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2017 12:23 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
man that's some sad news right there. I never got to meet Randy but from all I've heard through the grape vine he was a good man in every way.
Sad news, we've lost another good one.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters