The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Cooler weather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cooler weather
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2017 09:37 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It's cooled off. I'm coming back from 2 days off it's smoked in and I'm bored.
Being a fire lookout doing it by braille isn't working at all. LOL
Had some moisture while I was gone but nothing worth getting excited over.
We picked up a couple of fires it's sounding like down on our southern border.
If the fools who are target practicing down from me don't start a fire it'll be a good day.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2017 07:04 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, I feel like a wimp. Did some chores tonight wind fairly stiff out of the NW. Put on a flannel shirt. Was sweatin' like a stuck hog yesterday ? what is it about a 20-25 degree drop in 24hr's ?

Brrrr..

[ September 14, 2017, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2017 07:47 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Know the feeling.
Pulled up the extra wool blanket for the night.
Went to work this morning in a light down vest.
I'll take it.
Friend over in OR had snow showers this afternoon.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2017 07:17 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing snow on webcams on Willow Creek summit.
We'er just cooler and windy this morning.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2017 01:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not ready for the change of seasons....,especially since I have to deal with this BIG disappointment: http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/15/ay-were-pillow-talkin-over-here-mooch-giulfoyle-sleepovers-confirmed/

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2017 04:55 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Who the hell are they I'm lost?
On the cool down its just the front after a pacific storm it'll warm again

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2017 06:54 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Snow in central Idaho on the tall peaks it's still there. 38* on the mountain top right now. 42* at the house @0530. More storms with rain and snow levels down to 5500 foot this coming Tuesday
I'll take it and this should take us out of the 90's ad upper 80's. Just need a ton of rain before freeze up.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2017 05:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the weather has definitely changed at least a degree? This morning it was 76, I had to actually throw on a blanket!

Paul assures us it ain't over 'til it's over. I don't know? Yes, fall has it's certain charm, but I'm a summer guy, I always miss it when the leaves turn. Pretty soon, I will put away the shorts, teeshirts and the flipflops; my entire wardrobe, now that I think of it?

Sudden thought! Ain't Victor in Florida? What's happening down there? I seem to recall something in the news, rain, wind, something?

I will say this, that Melaina (sp) Trump ia a FOX! I'd do her. Call me!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2017 08:13 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't stand the hot heat of summer anymore. It bothers me something terrible.
But each to their own.
Will be stormy by tomorrow. Have a SE wind right now and when she blows from that direction it means a storms. That's okay we need the moisture to put out some fires the stupid FS refuses to deal with and their stupid belief in fire fighting now a days. (Very sore topic with me).
Still smoky I have limited viewing but at least can get out 10 or so air miles now. Don't feel like I'm living in a cave or something.
Everyone have a good Sunday.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 02:07 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Earthwalker the heat and the smoke sound unbearable. I cant wait for fall to change the temps so I can go hunting again. It's pretty moderate here in the summer but still too warm to go calling and of course the fur is crap. I get an archery deer tag each year the first time it opens is Aug. I never use it till Dec. and then have to buy a new one in Jan. feel like a chump.

Sounds like you have a serious winter when you say freeze up I think Alaska and arctic circle shit and A very different way of life.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 05:01 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Rolled out of my sleeping bag Sat. morning to find coffee water nicely frozen. It was 25* when I made my first stand of the morning. Had warmed up to 35* before I killed the first coyote for the day though.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2017 07:50 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Got up @ 5am to let the dogs out, raining !! Wonderful.

Sat morning @ 7:30 my thermometer showed 37 degrees. Brr...Man we went from summer to fall quick ?

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2017 07:04 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
You know the weather has been wonderful the last month. Totally changes me.

The wife has been on me to paint & stain some stuff. Me & Sadie worked out in the old milk barn that came with this place as it rained yesterday afternoon & night.

Had a couple cold Millers & listened to some tunes out there, had a blast !! just me & the dog.

Oh' Sadie is a one year old Australian Shepherd, I got on Sept 15th. She's great !!

I'm not good on the picture thing. She look's like this.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=Bj17%2bK1X&id=18C2D239E5840D5582757FE8F32D1ACB8F9EA086&thid=OIP.Bj17-K1XnxtBGxj_Vjq7jgEsDZ&q=australian+shepherd&simid=6080456 25796069131&selectedIndex=10&qpvt=australian+shepherd&ajaxhist=0

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2017 12:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a fine lookin' critter !!!
Now, all you need is some Connie Frances on the stereo.
Weather here is in the 'wood-stove at night / air conditioner in the afternoon' mode. As long as the wind doesn't howl, I'm happy.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters