The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Smoke Gets in your eyes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Smoke Gets in your eyes
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2017 03:45 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
throat every where.
Got 2 days off this week.
Smoke is about to kill me and the rest of the state.
Back to work today why I don't know? Hoping this little impulse that is coming in bumps the lid off the valley and allows some fresh air in.

Don't know how far south a person had to go to get out of this crap.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1098 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2017 09:58 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
plenty of smoke making its way down into the front range of Colo. Sunday was the worst so far. Hoping the rain gods bring moisture your way soon.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2017 10:52 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Visibility in Salt Lake has been pretty terrible all week. Little bit better today for some reason, but still pretty bad.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2017 11:04 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Kalifornia is burning alive. Big ass fire right above town and smoke is all over the place. Woke up at like 3am the other morning cause it smelled like smoke in the house...scared me for a split second before I realized wtf. Layed there for a minute before I decided to pack up some stuff and drive west to do some coyote huntin' lol. Easy decision since they dont want us up bowhunting deer right now. I have a second deer tag, shot one on opening weekend, so I can justify skipping out on it.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2017 02:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That and hurricanes, can anybody doubt GLOBAL WARMING now, with all this "historic" stuff I'm hearing about. Ya, right.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31262 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2017 02:38 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't see beyond 1/8. of a mile.
Had door and windows open most of the day can't handle it any longer.
Hearing F/G closing down hunt units 20A and 26 for now. They also said parts of 20A will be hard to get into.?
Friend was in Big Creek, he said never seen so many horse trailers and outfitters leaving. Highline fire just killed their winter.
Ibex and Bearskin isn't helping either.
Suppose to have lightning coming in this eve. That should be fun.
I can't even see a cloud let alone a shot of lightning.

I'm not really looking forward to 3 feet of snow again but right now I'd take some to clean the air and slow these fires down.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2017 06:14 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked to the north. Hwy 30 is 1/2 mile north of me. I can make out the house there & that's about it.

Wife works @ the middle school, they wont let kids out for recess the last few days, maybe a few days last week ? They're already going stir crazy. Teachers & kids. Kinda like last winter, all bottled up.

After last winter, I said, I would never bitch about summer again. Wrong !!

I changed my mind. I'll never bitch about winter again !! @ least you can breath !!

I'm considering masks for the goats ?

Kidding..Lol

Well about masks for the goats. I may need one !!

[ September 07, 2017, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2017 04:41 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I am in my office this morning and they tell me the clouds outside are smoke from the west coast fires...looks like what TR is seeing is pushing further east to Kansas!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2017 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys need a Va Ca in Miami.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31262 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2017 01:03 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Newsflash:

The big fire up here was caused by some punks that set a car on fire then pushed it off the side of the mountain road into the mis-managed, overgrown, bark beetle infested forest.

25000 acres consumed and 30% contained.
They are looking for these guys fo sho.
Mark

[ September 08, 2017, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2017 03:13 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Here ya go Mark. This is probably where a bunch of our smoke is coming from.
http://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires/index.ssf/2017/09/public_demands_consequences_fo.html#incart_big-photo

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 10, 2017 03:17 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
The smoke has let up a little but pretty much still locked into the valley's. I can see a little to my east but forget south and west.
Next storm coming in Tue-Friday and weather peeps saying some measurable moisture and possible hint of snow on the high peaks!

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 11, 2017 07:27 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! I can see good enough to chunk rocks at Dave A this morning.
Still smell that good ol' wood smoke smell. I really sick of it and we've got the winter to come yet with all the wood burning.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 11, 2017 02:34 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I can see your mountain just fine today, can't believe it !!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters