The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » a few add ons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a few add ons
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2017 04:08 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I have the hardest time posting pics on this sight. I am using imgur now. help...

OK figured it out

[ September 03, 2017, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2017 03:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Fred told me how to do it kudos to Fred go to imgur upload site hit browse it will show your computer files go to file that has the pics drag and drop the pic in the box provided a screen will come up with that pic and on the left is img tag and a button that says copy hit copy go to Huntmasters and right click it will say paste hit paste.

[ September 03, 2017, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2017 06:22 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
OK I think I have this figured out now. Firefox add blocker wouldn't let me see my own pics.
As you know I have been away for a while. I have been doing some work around the house. I added 12x24 ft to my garage and raised it to be able to install taller doors to be able to drive my Tahoe in it. Thought I would show a few pics. I am not much of a carpenter so bear with me please. These will give you a pretty good idea how I lifted the garage and added concrete blocks and anchors.

-  -

[img]http://i.imgur.co m/SmLdDTjm.jpg[/img]
 -
 -
 -

[ September 05, 2017, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2017 06:32 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
After finishing most of that and buying and installing new taller doors. The next project was the add on.

I started digging by hand with a shovel, but after about halfway, I rented a bobcat.
 -  -
Started putting up forms and getting some of the rebar
 -
Then came laying some concrete block. I had a bunch of these and didn't want to waste them.
 -

[ September 05, 2017, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2017 06:43 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Next was the walls
 -
Closing this in with my brother and my cousin and his son, which pretty much saved my ass, that kid is strong and tough like an ox. [Smile]
 -  -
 -  -

[ September 05, 2017, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2017 07:13 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Next step was to add a drain for rain water to leave the low level in the backyard and drain down the hill in the front yard. Has to bust up 6-8 inches of concrete between the garage and the old driveway, then dig down and add a drain. Damn shovels just don't fit my hand very well. but I still get some hours using them.
 -  -

next step was to add a retaining wall to park my boat or just get better access to the back yard.
 -  -

After about 7 yards of #1- rock again shoveled by hand it is starting to fill up. Now i need to dig up the old concreted fenchpost and put in new ones for the double gate. Went with 11 ft wide.

[ September 05, 2017, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2017 07:37 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Getting two new gates
 -  -

Next will be new concrete connecting the drive to the garage
 -

I still need to flash the garage and add new gutters. Plus I want to add a sheetmetal carport over the new rock on the right side. fix some of the landscaping. Then this fall/winter, gut and replace complete kitchen. Replace two exterior door and close one off.

Right now, I am going to ride my "new to me" used bicycle I got off Craigs list. Trying to put in 5-10 miles a day. Somewhere I got olt and out of shape. [Smile]

[ September 05, 2017, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2017 10:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's me but I think this site sucks? How do you scroll through all those photos without going back to the thumbnails?

Too much trouble!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2017 05:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice garage Dan ! good job .

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2017 06:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Make America Great Again, one Man-Cave at a time. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2017 07:15 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe it's me but I think this site sucks? How do you scroll through all those photos without going back to the thumbnails?

Too much trouble!

I am still learning that site.

Koko, probably a window AC unit and a refrigerator is the next add on. [Smile]

[ September 04, 2017, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2017 01:42 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Dan. I like it, I have zero idea how to post pix now that my daughter moved out.

Home improvement projects are cool. If the weather ever cools off need to put a roof on a structure & make into a hay shed. Wish, I could have talked my daughter into getting involved with a young farmer stud, to help this old man out ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2017 03:36 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, Dan! DIY stuff is very rewarding, and you sure have some great improvements to be proud of...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2017 08:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with everyone, you are doing a good job, I was only criticizing the photo posting site and the way I have to go back and forth. Might as well just stay on the post and enlarge the small photos.

We knew you had talent!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2017 02:00 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
The red arrow points to my archery target. Back in the day when I when I traveled shooting 3D comp's, I would regularly shoot from the back fence, approx. 70 yards. Sadly I hardly ever shoot my bows anymore. Just got burnt out. I need to make a new string anyways for my Mathew's but have been too lazy.

-

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2017 02:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I read once, that the average life of a archery hunter, or hunting archer is approximately five years from inception to burnout? That's AVERAGE, I suppose there could be exceptions?

Okay, I'm ducking and running.

PS My documentation is lacking, as usual.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2017 03:09 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Gee...............I guess that I'm exceptional !!!!
Got my first bow about 5 1/2 decades ago. Still have it, along with a few more. [Roll Eyes]
Put the compound on the rack about five years ago and went Traditional all the way. Mostly Recurves. Longbow now & then and once in a blue moon, an Atlatal just for yucks & giggles.
Five shooting lanes on the property from close to 100 yards. Target One is a head with a plastic apple on top. Unmarked yardage / no warm-up. [Eek!]
Dinosaurs..........I have a lot of dinosaur targets. And a giant yellow rubber duck target.
If you're not having fun.............
Working on converting a thrower to flip Frisbees up for Flu-Flu shots.
Can't even imagine not shooting 3 to 5 times a week. Just got back from my annual bear-deer-turkey hunt. Next Tournament that I'll likely shoot will be in Nov. in So.Cal. According to the pitch counter on my quiver I've taken 132 practice shots in the last three days. I'll get serious before the Tournament.
[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2017 07:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first of all, (ko ko) you are the exception that proves the rule!

Now, you mention your upcoming tournament, and this brings up a real sore spot! Little did I think, that sneaking into a shower at straight up 7:00 AM, that you would be that damned punctual! You knew I was expecting you and you knew my truck was in the friggin' driveway! What if I needed help, what if I couldn't get the door open? What if I was putting some clothes on?

So, in November, I won't be buying tea and crumpets if you are going to ring the bell and bug out! I was so damned pissed! I hope you get that beard snagged in the strings!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2017 08:16 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Only I can get grief for being punctual. [Frown]
Actually, I put the blame for us bugging out solely on my wife. I suspect that she was afraid that you & I would get to b.s.-ing and we wouldn't get back on the road until late afternoon & home about 3:a.m.
Next time I'll camp out on your (new) lawn.
Maybe dig a deep pit bbq & cook some meat.
I could share it with the neighbors & the police when they show up.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2017 09:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes!

You won't believe my awesome new lawn! (compared to before) First the city makes sure the unreasonable water restrictions kill my grass. Then, I paid the gardener to mow my weeds for damned near six months! Then threats from the city's "Weed Abatement Program." This left me with no choice: artificial.

PS You need to learn to stand up to the better half! Oh, I know, she more than likely puts up with a lot. Like accompanying you on "important" archery trips, etc.

Forget it, do what she says! I can't tell you how much I miss my dearly departed. And, who would ever think it would turn out the way it did?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2017 11:15 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I shot my first recurve at 9 or 10 it was my sisters she was good on the school archery team .
been shooting ever since with a brief time out due to illness. I must be exceptional as well ! lol
and I wanna come to the camp out on Leo's new turf
I like the pit bbq idea !

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2017 12:55 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I pretty much suspended my archery hunting about 3-4 years ago when I fell and broke my wrist. Radial fracture. Got some steel plate and some screws still holding it together. Started back in the 70's as a kid. Still remember my first compound bow, a bear whitetail hunter.

[ September 06, 2017, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2017 03:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Bought my first 3 or 4 compounds from Tom Jennings himself. They had four wheels back then. Tuning was a nightmare !!

I like the idea of a campout on El Bee's lawn !!!
A bunch of camo'ed guys carrying guns, bbq-ing and making strange squealing noises in a white bread neighborhood.
What could go wrong ????

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2017 11:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My first compound was a Jennings made it from a kit they sold !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2017 01:53 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

When I lived in L.A. there was a Pro shooter, I believe by the name of Bobby Padilla. He used to shoot local tournaments with one of those Jennings kit bows that he bought at a yard sale. Shot pretty damn good, too. Come the Sectionals or the Nationals, he'd pull out a slightly better shooting stick. He figured that if he could shoot a beater bow well then he could shoot a really good bow really well.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters