The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Glen Campbell...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glen Campbell...
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2017 03:32 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
...was a badass.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2017 08:18 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I always had a bit of a problem with the way he took Tanya Tucker under his wing, rode her hard and put her away wet & then went off and recorded a Gospel album.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7489 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2017 05:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's kind of the definition of "Bad Ass" ain't it?

Tanya Tucker was/is kind of a mutt? I think you're s'possed to ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet?

Besides, it washes off. Anyway, that was a great song, and don't ask me; "what song?"

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31277 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2017 07:29 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, she was a little sweetheart before he powdered her nose.

Yeah, Delta Dawn was a great song. [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7489 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2017 08:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the way he made so much sound so effortlessly!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2017 08:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, John Denver was kinda like that. Due to my personal situation, I can't help getting choked up every time I hear, Annie's Song. At least he flamed out a little more cool, as I understand it, he had a pair of vice grips to move the gas tank valve which was conveniently located behind his head where he couldn't reach. Won't do that again, huh?

Alzheimer's is a vicious little thing that scares the hell out of everybody. If it can get Ronald Reagan, I guess it can get anybody.

Oh, by the way, I'm admitted at Kaiser Fontana since yesterday. And they are starving me! Nice view on the seventh floor, room 705, I can see the heliport across the way next to the parking structure. I think they(she) tricked me? I thought I was just here for some blood work? ct scan last night. Awaiting visit from resident gastroenterologist. Also supposed to see the surgeon, he hasn't showed up yet. I'd like to be optimistic but they never find anything?

I'm looking at the charts of all the blood work, just since yesterday, about twenty different tests, my numbers are all over the place. Some I can see are way off the charts, high and low. But, they have my tests going back seven years represented in a graphic format. I don't know exactly what I'm looking at but I can easily see where I'm off the rails on some items. Borderline anemic, a couple points from needing transfusion. No fucking coffee, even!

That's why the surgery seems like a solution, at this point. Stay tuned.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2017 03:12 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So.........you getting out of there fairly soon or do I go buy you a get well card ????

On a positive note..........at least you're getting this taken care of during the off season !!!!

Stay strong !!!!!

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2017 05:55 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
We'll stay tuned. I hope this all ends well.

Hey if ya get out in time. I'll rent you a spot for the eclipse !! Just kidding about the last part
[Smile]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 04:57 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody likes this kind of stuff but I have almost a phobia about it. Tend to not say anything, don't ever know what to say.

Hope it goes as good as it can Leonard.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 05:34 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Take care Leonard.

I hope all goes well.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 05:48 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, just makin' sure you know that you've got another dude here thinkin' positive for ya...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 09:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, was 20 minutes from discharge yesterday, them I barfed all over, and here I am, hopeful that I can go home today. Crisis averted though; neighbor came over and fed Pinky.

It does look like surgery is the plan but not until we get a few ducks in a row. Maybe next month? I have three appointments scheduled between now and then.

Thanks for the well wishes, appreciate them.

Now, imagine crapping in a plastic tray and this very cute nurse dipping a wooden tongue depressor into the pudding for a sample. I did my best, but hospital visits start off with the ridiculous "gown" that you have to hold closed in the back.

Last month, same thing, same situation same inclusive results, except now they are talking surgery, and everybody is in accord. I'm not even a little undecided. Apprehensive, yes, but this is more like a solution, so...Like last month, I will go home and sleep for a day and a half.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS but if they think I'm going to follow that ridiculous diet, they are nuts!

edit: sorry for the drama

[ August 17, 2017, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 11:54 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So.............what are they looking at ???
Massive Acid Reflux or what ????

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 01:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the good news is, there is no indication of cancer and the surgeon, Dr Yuhan, (I call him The Big Kahoona) said that's a big plus. I get acid reflux once in a while like a lot of folks but this really has nothing to do with the problem, which is indicated by pretty massive hemorrhaging.

That's the first thing you notice, is a bowl full of cherry red, not even any fecal matter, just bright red blood. You don't have to be a genius to figure out that, SUM TING WONG

So, after the pill cam and the double balloon endoscopy and six colonoscopies and I forget how many ct scans, we still don't really know what happened? But this is the third time, since May, same scenario, same hospitalization, each time. The difference, ultimately, is the word. SURGERY

So, that's where we're at. I have a diagnosis, and it's not real favorable.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 02:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That's some scary shit !!!!

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 04:14 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Be well my friend !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2017 07:02 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Have to ride with the good news. Whatever it is, has to be a bit easier to look to than cancer?
Keep us up to date, ain't a soul here who would ever accuse you of seeking sympathy, so don't be tight lipped if you have the urge to think out loud.
Follow the Docs' orders, and get back up and moving fast, we all wish you well, and trust you'll heal up quick.

Posts: 1591 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2017 07:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Weekend update.

Got home yesterday, must have been six or so? Slept like a log.

This morning, the important thing is, I have a lot of gas! What's that about?

No, really, Pinky was glad to see me. Shelley had called Jean and she fed and watered him. (she's across the street, has a key)

So, I canceled the nine o'clock appointment, can't make it but have a new one next week with my primary and he usually tells me stuff the hospital doctors don't.

What I'm finding out is that all this hemorrhaging, is rather unusual with Crohn's, and may or may not be related, at all. But it sure gets their attention. It's really amazing what they can learn from blood chemistry.

Also, I have never had so many drawn blood samples and they hurt and they leave me with purple splotches. Usually, when they say, go get a blood sample at the clinic, it costs $40. I've had (lost count) so many samples since Monday morning, if I was paying for them, it would be a thousand dollars. So, is it that these hospital people are not very good at drawing blood, or is it that I'm really sensitive and basically, my fault?

And, I'm following along on the Kaiser website. An hour after they take blood, I can see the results and the accompanied graphs of past samples. Interesting, even though I don't know what they mean, but I can see the normal ranges and where I am, in relation to others and my past samples. We are talking more than 30, in the past few days, at least, and I had no idea that blood had so many components? So, I can see how they don't need to look in my commode to evaluate the state of my anemia; i.e., how much blood was passed. I just say; "a lot" but they can put a number on it.

My blood pressure is still around 117/55 and that's an indication of the general state of my health. Except for this other stuff, that is. It's going to turn out ok. Where's Dr Lance?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2017 07:27 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, LB!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters