The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Pretty Good Shot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pretty Good Shot
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2017 02:58 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
For a handgun:

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/video-charlotte-police-shooting-iaroslav-mosiiuk/

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2017 07:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for this 49.

Very interesting stuff going on.

The panic. The modified ghetto hold on his piece, where'd that come from. Yes, decent shot under stress, (I've done better, but so what?)

Then there is the takedown 20 minutes later, dragging the guy into the street, handcuffed. I always thought you don't move a victim for fear of exacerbating the condition, especially as the guy is far from posing a threat, at that point.

Then, the gratuitous CPR, for the camera, no doubt?

Then, my irk. The dazed Captain blondie. I think it totally stinks the way they promote females in law enforcement based on their vagina.

A gun sure draws a crowd, donut?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ July 15, 2017, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31270 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2017 12:53 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Hitting a man sized target at 25 yards with his arms supported shouldn't be too freaking difficult. Man that was an annoying woman.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2017 02:32 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Justified shoot officer had no other choice. Decent shot from that distance but not remarkable.
Looks like a suicide by cop.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2017 05:50 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of that stuff I just might agree with.

Though...you never, ever should make light of a righteous shot made while under duress. He may have had more stress from that woman behind him, but he still made the shot.

Not easy to do with the distractions at hand.

Females...yeah some get promoted due to gender. A lot of azz kissers and back stabbers get promoted as well. They couldn't lead their way out of a paper bag but they promote them.

The donut reference? Now that pisses me off. Not cool my friend. To many honest cops out there getting killed for people who make bullshit remarks like that.

[ July 15, 2017, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2017 03:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My nephew is LAPD he and I make donut jokes all the time I send him links of officer Daniels all the time he knows I love and respect him he is a fine young man. I pray for him daily. He works gang unit in the San Fernando valley. I will try to find an officer Daniels link to post it will make you laugh. so a cop pulls me over says your eyes are red you been smoking weed, I say no your eyes are glazed you been eating donuts?

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2017 03:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4L4VP7rvpU

I give you officer Daniels its just funny !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2017 04:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You misunderstand what I was saying. The actual world should have been: "don't you think"
A humorous substitution of "does it not!
No attempt whatsoever to reference cops and donuts.
You over reacted, amigo. LB

Edit: therefore, no apology from me and I ask no apology from you. Even though your words are needlessly hostile. You are among friends here and I appreciate your contributions. LB

[ July 16, 2017, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Grizz
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2017 05:34 AM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang ease up 49. All the Leo's I know appreciate a little donut humor. Rick

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 16, 2017 07:42 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, the local cops go to uniform shorts in the summer. Hard to pass up making 'Reno-911' references. They take good natured ribbing well.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7484 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted July 17, 2017 02:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here I am, I'm in hospital due to internal bleeding, already had two ct scans, and inconclusive. They are still looking.

But anyway, I'm thinking about the shot that dropped this guy. Most of the above comments sound complementary but not particularly impressive.

Here's what I think of our membership. These men are pretty accomplished already in several fields of the discipline involving firearms. Much more than the average man on the street. Considerably more than the average gun owner and still above the average hunter, in general.

They have a high degree of skill with rifle, shotgun and handgun, almost all of them. A predator hunter is an experienced man with a weapon, and nobody to screw around with. When you think of the average "deer hunter" I can't give them the credit for expertise in the same way that it is accorded to a seasoned predator hunter. These guys invariably know their shit. Therefore, if they see a demonstration of decent marksmanship, they won't be overly impressed. Especially someone like Victor Carlson who is a legend in southern Arizona with a handgun, winner of many matches. We can't all be like him but very few will embarrass themselves displaying their skills.

I'm just pointing out that Huntmaster members are the cream of the crop. Anybody with a certain level of interest and involvement in hunting coyotes should probably be considered an expert in the handling of firearms. No conceit observed, they just have a bunch of experience or they wouldn't be here.

So, take a bow. In fact, come to think of it, in our club, we occasionally had various contests with other sportsman's groups, deer hunters, duck hunters, skeet shooters, etc. I don't think we ever lost a friendly competition? Coyote hunters are tough to beat. Sudden thought: I bet Law enforcement wouldn't want to give it a try; too much at stake, ego stuff. You know?

Anyway, couldn't sleep. I'll be okay, not in pain or anything.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2017 03:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Vic Carlson is one Impressive son of a bitch. I still tell stories about they guy shooting Ice cubes out of the air with a .22 pistol, After many campouts hunts and get together's I don't know one man not a marksman.

On the other hand the pressure of a rifle pointed at your partner and a crazy bitch screaming in your ear damn fine shoot
in !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2017 07:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, for us independent types, the cop situation is kind of a love/hate thing. They have a job and we usually believe it doesn't involve "US"; go catch some crooks!

But, we need them, it's a shitty job and somebody has to do it. Why not the ones that enjoy being in command, sort of control freaks? No doubt about it, cops are a little different. Definitely clannish, they have a closed society. It certainly wouldn't interest me.

But, an example of the bunker mentality is the screaming; GUN, GUN! It's something that doesn't normally raise my excitement level. I have no freak out response when I see a gun, more like, "Hey what's you got there"?

I'm glad we have 49 to bounce things off of, helps to see what they are. I haven't eaten a donut in years, but I did have a Bearclaw at Panera Bread maybe a year ago.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters