The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Chasing Rainbows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chasing Rainbows
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2017 09:40 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
The day before I caught the two big lake trout I posted, I had some good luck on the Kootenai River in northwest Montana. The fishing is very difficult and pretty technical. The potential for an absolute monster is fairly high, and the state record rainbow came from this body of water. At first, I couldn't believe this fishery could maintain so many quality fish, but after spending 12 1/2 hours straight fishing the river I can see how they survive. It is some of the most difficult fishing I've ever encountered. Between the swift current, tons of rocks to snag up on, and the extremely light bite it's a wonder any fish get caught. I was very grateful for these two. The colors of the fish and the water are really something. Both went right back in the river to live another day. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
 -

This is really a pretty good fish, but bigger lurk beneath the water. It gives me motivation and reason to go back.
 -

[ June 28, 2017, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: ursus21 ]

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2017 04:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You certainly have some fine fishing up there "Good Job" !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters