The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Random thoughts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Random thoughts
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 10:42 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a few random thoughts…I see everyone is fed up with the weather…so am I! I wish we could go from March to September and forget summer! Been so windy here in Central Kansas that the water in the toilet is moving back and forth—seriously!…yesterday marked the 6th straight day we had winds of 25+ mph and temps over 93. Supposed to have more bad weather tonight.

I am finding out the technique used to learn how to cast a fly rod properly is something that is tough to do. I feel like I am a cub bear with boxing gloves on when I am trying to cast. I am taking a fly casting class and tonight is our ‘final’…we are taking what we have learned to a local public lake to try and catch some bluegill on our fly outfits. I am definitely getting better, but still have a long way to go. I am much better at tying flies than trying to get them out to the fish to bite on!

I finally pulled the trigger, (pun intended), on buying my concealed carry handgun. Got a S&W Shield, 9mm, from Cabela’s last week. They have them on sale for $75.00 off, and Smith is giving another $75.00 rebate, so it was $299 after all of that.

Insurance finally approved my back surgery, and I have it scheduled for August 18th. They are going to do a laminectomy to relieve the stenosis in my back. The doc says I will be able to return to ‘normal’ after a 90 day weight restriction of lifting no more than 10 pounds. With that time frame, I will be able to get my deer for the freezer, and still be able to salvage most of the calling season. I will just be able to do it with no pain in my back or numbness in my legs!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 04:47 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with your surgery!
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 08:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, good luck & stay strong !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7484 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 08:44 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Good. Get yourself healthy Tim !!
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2017 02:36 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Get healthy again but try to not over tax yourself.
It still takes awhile for surgeries to heal.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2017 03:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck and God bless Booger , don't over do after surgery take the time needed to heal.
The weather here has been more unusual than usual. Tues. the valley is supposed to hit 122 should be high nineties up here.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2017 06:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just chewing on the price you paid for the Shield. I paid $430 last year for mine; on sale!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31270 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2017 08:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I got my Ruger LCP .380 free with Cabela's Points.
Signed a couple of forms & was on my way with my new favorite handgun.

[Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7484 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2017 05:39 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up my 9mm Shield from Bud's Gun Shop for $329 less the $75 rebate for a cost of $254. A $20 transfer fee and the total cost for the Shield was $274.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2017 11:50 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been casting a fly since I was 12 years old. It's too bad we don't live closer I could teach you in about 15 minutes and for free.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2017 03:09 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I just bought the S&W Shield 9mm myself $350.00 then the $75.00 rebate. $275.00 not a bad price at all. Nice little gun for the money. Now if I can find alittle time to shoot the damn thing.
Posts: 1550 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2017 04:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, all I got was the three dot sights, and in the crummy puny 40S&W, at that! They really, weally saw me coming! Wah, wah!

It's Tom's fault, he talked me into it. I ought to ban him, or did I?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31270 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters