The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » "Zombie Man" Shot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Zombie Man" Shot
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2017 11:59 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
What PCP will do to some people.

I probably shouldn't have to warn a bunch of hunters that this is graphic:

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/epthen-johnson-shooting-video-lufkin-pd/

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2017 12:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm jaded, but all I saw was timely applied "Street Justice"?

Interesting. Thanks, 49

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31275 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2017 02:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
9mm ????

Wasn't the 1911 .45 introduced for just this type of thing ?? Tribesmen in the Philipines high on coconut wine & not affected too much by .38s ??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7488 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2017 04:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It looked like the last round was a headshot and that don't matter as much, as to the size of the bullet.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I've known two men that killed someone in a social setting. One put a 22 right to the heart of a jealous husband who found him in the closet.

The other was a couple headshots and another in the chest as he fell. 380Auto. LB

[ May 20, 2017, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 02:13 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Smaller calibers will do the job if one can use them properly.

In this case the first three were body shots, and as Leonard mentioned, it looked like the fourth was a head shot.

Glad the officer stopped a bad situation.

Though I also wonder, on Koko's note, what the caliber used was and if something stronger may have done the trick.

My contacts in law enforcement tell me the cops going up against dust heads use 12 gauge slugs.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 07:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If I ever get stabbed by a zombie, I hope he uses a cleaner knife!

And, yes. The guy hiding in the closet was an Italian Stallion, and the 22 was the deceased's own 22 rifle. (they were good friends, in fact) How's that for insult? That's as bad as getting infection from a filthy knife. See, engineers with the Union Pacific can be reliably gone for days at a time, but in this case Joe's girlfriend's husband's "run" was canceled. Surprise, surprise!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I've hunted with Joe, years ago, and it would have been a lot messier if he had used his 25'06, with which I never saw him miss?

[ May 21, 2017, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 08:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
On another note; I read something recently about the Geneva Convention and the Hague, which I guess is the one that deals with hollow point bullets? And, which, I'm unsure if the US is a signatory?

Seems that units like Special Forces, Seals, etc., have been using HP bullets for a long time.

When they had such a hard time with tribe's men, in the Philippines, which prompted the study that resulted in 45 caliber minimum and lead to the 1911ACP, why in the hell have they been using FMJ for a hundred years?

I once shot an aggressive coyote at close range with 7 230gr. FMJ bullets, (all I had) then used a large rock to kill him. I killed another one with the same Combat Commander, one shot, FMJ.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 10:32 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the LA shootout when the 2 guys were dressed in body armor and every cop in LA unloaded on them...with no results? Then they had to break into a gun store and get a bigger gun...all that?

I always wondered why nobody shot them in the face? I know the bad guys had ak 47's blazing and all, but really?
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 10:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the cops walked into B&B sales in North Hollywood and asked to borrow 8 or 10 AR15's.

The thugs had (I think) FN 308's, not AK47's, but whatever else they had they had altered their assault weapons for full auto.

I think the cops figured out that they were wearing very effective body armor and attempted headshot, but I think the bad guys had some sort of helmets.

As I recall, the cop who was off duty was wearing shorts and running shoes and had fired beneath the vehicle aiming at the bad guys legs, which caused him to fall down which enabled more effecting body shots, somewhere?

It could have been a hell of a lot worse, that's for sure. Now, I think all LAPD has at least one M16 in the trunk? I am not up to speed on that, but I bet 49 knows a little about that event.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 12:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a 25th anniversary of the LA Riots right now, on the History Channel.

So far it looks like a whitewash of the behavior of those savages. The only thing missing was the grass skirts.

Nothing's changed. Remember Baltimore? Ferguson?

Ever heard of Conservatives rioting? When they have a rally, they make sure to clean up their trash. They sure as hell don't loot local businesses., and smash concrete blocks over the head of innocent truck drivers who happened to be white, or black.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 03:35 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
As I recall, the one bad guy during the North Hollywood shootout ran out of ammo and shot himself under the chin.

The other guy was still in the fight, tried to carjack a vehicle, and got hosed down with an MP5.

I never heard of the SWAT officer firing under the car to hit his legs....but that is a tactic that is taught and it wouldn't surprise me.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters