The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Fricking Fracking Weather!!!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Fricking Fracking Weather!!!!!!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2017 03:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the very laughable state programs is RIDE SHARING.

I suppose you could get 5 or 6 employees of the courthouse get together and ride from out this way? But it gets ridiculous when you consider the park and ride locations and the different starting times for people in different parts of downtown. It's totally unworkable in a Metropolitan Area like Southern California. You could wait six months to be hooked up with somebody and even then, they think a two hour difference in starting times and length of workday is not a problem.

Ride Sharing in Southern California is a complete failure. I mean, joke. Must have been designed by a granola Liberal? We are in our cars here and it's going to stay that way.

Now don't get me started on Diamond Lanes!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ June 14, 2017, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 02:29 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Ha,Ha,Ha Leonard.
What are your thoughts on those Diamond Lanes anyways . LOL. Just being an asshole.I do excell at that.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 06:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Diamond Lanes.

I have commuted to work, I have seen cars whizzing by in the Diamond Lane.

The stated purpose was to get more people out of their cars by "RIDE SHARING" and then they too could whiz to work with a buddy. Good luck finding a buddy with the same directions and the same hours and same days off.

Therefore, hardly anybody uses the Diamond Lanes, and therefore again, are the TAXPAYERS getting their money's worth from the construction and designation and dedication of these lanes on our only form of mass Transportation?

Let's say you have 3 or 4 lanes and during peak rush hours, (pick a number) you might see 100,000 vehicles per hour, in each lane.

Now, over there on the left, that Diamond Lane has cars whizzing by so fast they are difficult to count but again, pick a number, maybe 18,000 fly by per hour, during peak times.

So if Freeway construction costs a million dollars per foot, and that's probably not an exaggeration? then we are seriously not getting our money's worth from that Diamond Lane because it's stated purpose is a failure, it has not gotten people out of their cars, the users is static, long term and it's simply a waste of resources.

Some other states have disbanded Diamond Lanes in the past and I think it is justified in Southern California. It's got so bad that they have dedicated another lane beside the Diamond Lane just in case of a breakdown in that lane. They can't pull over to the right, the traffic won't allow it.

So now we have one lane being utilized at a 20% rate and the auxiliary lane in the case of breakdowns being utilized at 0%. Our Government Bureaucracy at work, for the betterment of all!

There you have it. If you can find flaws in my reasoning, be sure to point them out.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 06:35 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Diamond lanes are just another bad idea !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 07:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you mean, a Liberal idea, of which, they are all bad! If Liberals have ever come up with a good usable idea, I am not aware of it? Mental illness! Liberals are so fucked up, it's pathetic.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 07:47 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone feel free to correct my math, but..........
If you have four lanes.........
Three of them are grid-locked and one of them is unused......
Would not opening up the Diamond lane to everyone increase traffic flow by 25% ?????
No ?????

Then again, what do I know ?? I live on a dirt road !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 11:54 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't bring logic in to this Koko its all about feeling good !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 11:56 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I live at the end of a dirt road where W. Canyon tuns into fr 39.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2017 01:52 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.........yes, of course.
That's why they elected Gov. Moonbeam
and Di-Fi
and Babs Boxer.
And Maxi Waters........isn't she Californian ????

Shall we all join hands and sing Kum-Bay-Ah around this electronic campfire to help reduce global warming or some such stupid science event ???

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2017 11:31 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of weather we had our first monsoon rain yesterday afternoon cooled things off nicely ! went from 96 to 80 in a flash.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2017 01:12 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
All we got here yesterday was the wind came up strong in the afternoon.
We could really use the rain. Mount. Graham has fires burning all over it. Fires are probably contributing to global warming.

Hey; Here's a thought..........
More logging
Less fuel for the fires
Less fire / less global warming
Less smoke / better air quality.
Ergo;
Logging is GOOD for the ecology !!!!!

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2017 03:53 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
It is good they replant three for one we have more trees on this continent than any time in history don't tell the Wacko's their heads will pop !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2017 05:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nancy, had some friends, a couple, and they lived in Waco Texas. Very nice spread and they drove the latest model S class Mercedes. But, the interesting thing was their source of income. They owned acreage in Mississippi and were regularly cutting timber with no expectation of running out.

The Walters, they have lived across the street from me for 41 years. Many years ago, there used to be advertising on channel 9 or 5 about raw land in northern California called "California Pines".

They and grandpa used to drive up there frequently, built a cabin and sheds for their ATV's and just had a pleasant time cruising around the area. Very few people were resident and most of the land was pretty much untouched.

Well, one spring they drove up, (it's about 600 miles to Alturas) and low and behold, all the timber was stripped from their property and most of the rest in the general area. Some bastard just came in like he was legit and cut every tree for several miles and uglier up the place while he was at it.

I guess they tried to sue the bastard, but he had nothing and they got nothing. But, the thing is, no more dream retirement to the north woods, they never went back there except that one time. They still own it but it's worth peanuts, now. It would take more money than they have to make it look presentable, and this was close to 20 years ago.

That crook got away SCOT FREE with his Haggis!

Kinda makes you wish for a little frontier justice, ya know?

Git a rope!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2017 03:48 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Up here they would never find the body !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2017 06:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's a good topic!

How many bodies have you found, while coyote hunting?

I finally did!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2017 06:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Weren't you in Nevada ? We hide em better in Az.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2017 06:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was in the mountains east of Barstow. Wasn't dead very long, he was blue.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: had a friend found a body in a trash bag, in the desert somewhere east of Kingman. They could tell by the shape what it was, but felt they needed to open it to confirm. Saw a female head with a bullet hole, closed it up and lead police back to the scene, just like we did. Except, after driving and leading the cops for ten miles into the boondocks, they made us stop just short of the event while they went around us. Contamination of the scene, you know? Except, we had been walking around the area previously, so they took pictures of our boots. Didn't get much sleep that night. Also, there was a total blackout on, and in the newspapers. All they, (cops) said was; "this won't be in the news." Figure that one out?

[ June 23, 2017, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2017 08:07 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
None for me.......yet, but Border Patrol assures me that it's just a matter of time if I keep hunting where I do.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters