The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Fricking Fracking Weather!!!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Fricking Fracking Weather!!!!!!
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 09:13 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Got on the mountain yesterday before the rains hit.
Watched the front come in as in sideways snow!
Watched it for most of the day.
Weather station isn't working so guessing wind speeds and temps.
Got out yesterday afternoon before the big hard rain hit.
It was a muddy slick mess.
Came up this morning is was slick first couple of miles.
The higher I got the more things looked funny.
Dusting of snow and ice.
Locks on the gate froze. Stood for a while as close as I could get and stuffed my lock under the jacket in a nice arctic wind.
Can't get the building warm it's trying to snow again and I'm about had it for the day.
[Mad] [Frown] [Razz]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 10:51 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I hear ya, sure don't feel like May does it ?
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 04:49 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it has been a crazy year 85 degrees last week and woke up to a skiff of snow here this morning. I will take the cool spring days over the heat any day.
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 04:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting for three nice days in a row , cant make up its mind if spring is here or not . Been a crazy winter. Good news is I all ready cut , split and stacked two and a half cords.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 04:49 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Forecast for 6" to 12" of snow here through today and tonight. Thank God for global warming because otherwise this storm would probably dump 2' instead of 1'. [Big Grin]
Had to bring the hummingbird feeder in this morning and run hot water over it to get the snow and ice cleaned off and warm the juice a bit. Little fellers were shivering and couldn't get a drink.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 06:39 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Had an F3 tornado tear the crap out of things here locally Tuesday night. Wiped 7 houses out completely and was on the ground for 30 miles. Just missed Great Bend, the town where I live, by about 3 miles.

We are in the bullseye today again for strong thunderstorms, tornadoes, and up to 4" hail starting after lunch.

Funny thing about tornadoes, hail, and Global Warming...you actually have to have COLD air to make either of those weather phenomena happen...

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 06:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the nice thing about being a LIBERAL GLOBAL WARMING IDIOT; Everything relates, they can make evidence from all three sides, which really takes imagination and talent. Talent for lying through their teeth.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 07:54 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The Hell of it is they aren't lying; they really believe all of that crap they bought into.

Reality check; The earth has been warming since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so until the beginning of the next ice age with little regard for the puny humans that infest it.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 08:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The one that drives me nuts is the CO2 deal, carbon credits, and the "pollution" and the dumb shits don't seem to understand that plants, all vegetation LOVES carbon dioxide, the basic building block of life.

Plants love CO2, plants love GLOBAL WARMING! Longer growing seasons, what's not to like about that?

Sun spots, solar activity, always influencing earth's climate. We can't pass restrictive laws to regulate the sun, despite what Liberals wish to happen, since they think virtually everything is solvable if they just pass a few more restrictive laws on humans.

I would like to see the pants pulled down on Windmill technology. Except for the huge tax incentives and the idiot subsidies handed out to wind farm developers, economically, it makes no sense at all. And even after the cost of manufacture, and Greenies seem to think these huge machines are created by miracle, they still have a certain and predictable life of service. Why do you think there are so many that don't turn? Yeah, they need maintenance. Environmentalists are among the stupidest people on the planet.

Okay, end of rant.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 09:12 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as I can afford it I will be getting a small wind generator to supplement my solar panels on less than sunny days. They can help but not a reliable source of power. Driving in to Commiefornia as you are leaving Palm Springs you get to witness the decay and disrepair of the dizzy sticks on the wind farms.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 10:35 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
update, national weather now forecast for 9" to 18" by tomorrow morning.
we had bad hail storm last week. Something like 765 million dollars worth of vehicle and house damage done in the Denver metro area. Had up to tennis ball sized hail. Thankfully, nothing more than 1/2" sized at my house.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 11:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and are the local networks screaming, CLIMATE CHANGE?

Like the Chicago Godfather, (Rahm Emmanuel) said: Never let a crisis opportunity pass; or something like that?

This is why we have all the Russian hysteria, everything points to Russian's hacking the election if you just squint your eyes the right way. And, the Special Prosecutor will find something, even if it involves Clinton and a stain on a blue dress.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 11:46 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Trnco
My nephew is a large loss claims adjuster/appraiser spends a lot of time in Colorado on large loss hail mostly commercial roofs and hail damage.

[ May 18, 2017, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 02:34 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Paul, your nephew is busy if he's around Denver. One of the largest Malls is closed down for 6 months for hail damage repair from the last storm. Here's a headline of a local paper.
"Hail-damaged Colorado Mills unlikely to reopen for 6 months, could be a $2 million hit to Lakewood tax income"

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2017 03:20 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
He is in Colo. now has a team of six adjusters busy as a two peckerd goat in a barnyard !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2017 06:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
supposed to be 72 degrees today, two nights ago wind and snow flurries !

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2017 06:36 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
earthwalker. I came on to give you shit about your sig line. I noticed it's changed [Big Grin]

Guess we can't complain about water for now ? well, I was when my well was giving me fits this weekend. It's all good now.

Me & my daughter just came in from the rain. Goats hate it !! gave the horses hay & carrots for a snack. Soakin' wet !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2017 08:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Our monsoon season starts on 15 June.
After 20 years of drought, we'll take every drop !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2017 05:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
By far my favorite Arizona season is the Monsoons. It's difficult to explain to an outsider. The heat lightning is awesome. Hail is a distinct possibility, weather comes up out of Mexico, usually.

God, I love that state! What the fuck am I doing here?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2017 03:06 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
Look up that old parable about throwing a frog in a pot of boiling water versus putting a frog in a pot of cold water and heating it slowly to boiling temp.

Pretty much explains what you're doing in Calif.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2017 04:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its a grand undertaking to pick up sticks and relocate after living in one place so long. I remember when I left Calif. back in 1994 I brought a dumpster to my house and filled it with much of the contents of my garage mostly vintage motorcycle parts an hardware. Prior to leaving I owned 17 bikes when I arrived in Az. I had 2 felt like cutting off a limb. And so it went with many other things I like to travel Light. On the plus my new garage was easy to set up and keep clean LOL

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2017 08:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Pile it on, pile it on!

At least I have made small headway. The dead lawn is taken care of, the legendary hunting rig is sold, etc.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2017 02:02 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, out of the blue I found myself moving from Nevada to Tennessee.Gave so much stuff away I couldn't believe it. But in your case Leonard, moving out of that shithole state you live in would be worth dumping the farm for. I understand some peoples jobs keep them stuck there. There is work elsewhere if one looks,even in the field of work they do. But after retirement, I do believe self preservation and peace of mind would account for something. Whatever the cost.You are only here on this earth for a blink of the eye. One should enjoy the journey. Not be wishing you were somewhere else.
The excuse of family lives here is way off.Plane tickets are cheap!

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2017 05:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit, there is no valid reason for why I'm stuck in this shithole state!

Everybody is gone, friends and family, I'm all alone. Hard to believe the real damage that the welfare state has inflicted on California!

I mean, take Fairy Jerry and his CLIMATE CHANGE overtures to Red China. This asshole has never had a clue! Imagine building a multi Billion dollar rocket train from Bakersfield to Fresno? And calling it, "Los Angeles to San Francisco." Just think about it, there is no reason for anybody to travel the 99 corridor? I mean, I-5 was a step in the right direction so that I can visit my daughter maybe twice a year. But do I need a billion dollar speed train so that I can make it in 4-5 hours instead of 7 1/2 hours? How is that idiot going to pay for it? Taxes and subsidies? That always seems to work when you are a brain dead Liberal.

I hope I'm out of here before I die! If wishing makes it so, that might help, some?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2017 07:54 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I'm sure that the train will work.
Look at how well the RTD bus system in Los Angles has worked out.
I actually saw a bus with 5 people on it one time.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters