The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » new toy KOKO !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new toy KOKO !
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 08:45 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
was at the local park and swap in town getting rid of some unneeded clutter and traded a cattle skull for a traditional bow , what a trade its a 52" 55# Bear Kodiak Magnum in mint condition.
Lucky me !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 11:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
How come I never get deals like that?

You know, there are many boutiques as you drive up 17 with Sedona as your destination and I have seen cattle skulls for sale, all tricked out with turquoise appliqués, and they get a huge price, I think $400/$500? I always thought I'd like to do that as a project but never found a decent skull.

Another one is Sahuaro floor lamps, all cleaned up and lacquered. Now, when I have seen them, they are in the $1500 range.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31276 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 12:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You scoundrel !!!!! [Big Grin]

Since I know that you're a 'compound guy' might I suggest;
Cant the bow over about 45*
Draw with all three fingers under the nock.
Come to anchor tight up under your eye.
Sight down the arrow shaft to the target & cut her loose !!!!
There's a wee bit more to it than just that but that should get you started.

Oh, .......and remember to have fun.

Needless to say, the next time you're down this way ...................

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7488 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 12:36 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its labeled 55# I shot it today its a snappy little bow very fast easy to use pulled it to 29" no stacking very sweet no pinch either !
light as can be compared to my compound set up some judo points having fun with the bunnies !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 15, 2017 05:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I always figured those were fighting words; calling somebody, "a compound guy"? Better smile when you say that, Amigo!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31276 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 06:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the pointers KOKO this thing is fun don't know if I want to hunt big game with it I'm so used to my compound. with all the wheels and shit. Do you even own a compound or is all your gear traditional?

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 06:56 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a couple of compounds but haven't shot them in years. They were the shit-hot set ups when I first got them but in today's hi-tech world, pretty crude.
'Had' a Morret Dyna-bow that finally underwent explosive disassembley when the upper limb delaminated. With it's six inch lower limb it was a great carp bow for wading in waist deep water.

Got a long bow, too but don't shoot it very often.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7488 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters