The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Surprise, Surprise, Gomer! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Surprise, Surprise, Gomer!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted May 14, 2017 05:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard that BassProShops will buy out Cabela's. For some reason, I used to think if anyone bought out the other, it would be Cabela's.

Wonder what's going on? No big deal, just interesting.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I'll tell you this much. No exaggeration, I get ten times the advertisements in the mail from BassProShops as I get from Cabela's.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 08:39 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
This has been going on over a year now long negotiation.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 09:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm? First I've heard about it. But, seems like one of the brothers died about a year ago?

Good huntng. El Bee

PS I know one thing, if you don't buy something from Cabelas every month or so, just like Midway, you don't get the fliers any more.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 09:59 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
From dealing with both Bass Pro and Cabelas I'm wishing it wasn't so. Bass Pro is a nice place but try and make a return. With Cabelas there's no problem and they refund your money. Bass Pro will take the merchandise back but won't return your money. You have to buy something to make it up.

We got a Cabelas store here in Tualatin about 1 1/2 years ago. It's the place to go.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 10:28 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree Moe. Cabelas usually returns anything no questions asked. I have paid more for an item through them specifically for this reason.
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 11:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys may be right. However, let me tell you something that shows my ignorance and BassProShops return policy.

This is stupid, on my part, but I bought about $200 worth of 357Sig ammo, and just about crapped when I realized the mistake. And, I knew rigid policy on ammo returns, and decided to try it anyway, within the hour, actually.

They took it back, full refund, not merchandise. And he said, don't tell anybody! I was very pleased with myself and now you all know what an idiot I can be. Don't say a word or I'll get in trouble!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2017 07:31 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
As was mentioned, the deal has been going on for sometime. The brothers own a small percentage of the company anymore. A few months ago it looked as if the deal was going to fall through.....something to do with the cabellas credit card ....but looks like they have found a solution.

On another note, gander Mt folded...then again, never did business there.

Makes one wonder if hunting/fishing/outdoor markets have a place in the big retail chains. Like Danner, Carhartt etc, the name recognition and quality are inversely related...always kinda thought cabellas was the exception to the rule for most part.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 04:09 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I loved going to Cabela's though it was a long haul out to the other side of the valley. Bass Pro was much closer I liked going there to get a hands on with a product to see how I liked it then Buy it online or at Sportsman's Warehouse for better pricing. Somebody is paying for all that taxidermy.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 05:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to the Cabela's in Glendale several times, in fact the last time I saw Tim Behle, I ran into him at that Cabela's.

I have a BassProShops close to me in Rancho Cucamonga. They do a brisk business, which you wouldn't think because nobody in The People's Republik hunts or fishes anymore. But, it's just like the Glendale Cabela's, not a nickel's worth of difference right down to the amount of stuffed animals, but a bigger and better restaurant.

And, like I said, fliers in the mail regularly. Cabela's don't do that, at all.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS I always liked Gander Mountain, sorry to see them go

[ May 15, 2017, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 06:13 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that this has been put on hold...mainly due to the Gander Mountain bankruptcy.

Wonderful Feds got involved in this due to the anti-trust regs, probably because of the new entity having a 'monopoly' in the outdoor goods business...

We will see if it does go through. Guess the guy that owns Camping World bought the assets of Gander from the BR trustee. Initially, they indicated they would liquidate all of the stores, but now, they backtracked, so I don't know how many stores will be closing.

I just spent a week in Colorado, and visited both the Cabela's and the Bass Pro stores. If you are a hunting nut, then Cabela's is your place...if you like fishing, Bass Pro is the store. Also, Bass Pro caters to the more fashion conscious outdoorsman.

I like Cabela's since everything branded their name has a lifetime, no BS warranty. Just bought a vacuum food sealer that was $100 bucks off...checked at Bass Pro, and theirs only had a 5 year limited warranty.

Was very interesting, as the 'Fine Gun Room' at Bass Pro was no longer there and it was turned into a classroom...

[ May 15, 2017, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 09:07 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Love Cabelas.
Love their credit card with the gear points.
I usually build them up until I have enough to justify a road trip / shopping spree.

One thing about Cabela's returns............
I was buying a new pair of boots at the Glendale store and mentioned to the clerk that I didn't care to buy boots out of the catalog, preferring to try them on and get the best fit. Her advice; pick out the ones that you want, order your size & a half size above & below. When you get them, try them on (indoor only), pick out the pair with the best fit and return the other two pairs for refund.
A small thing but I was impressed.

'course I somewhat took it for granted that I picked out a handgun, 500 rounds of ammo and a holster..........showed my concealed weapon permit, filled out a simple form and LEFT WITH MY GOODIES !!!!
Try that in Calif. !!!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 09:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE YOU !

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 10:36 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
RE-LO-CATE !!!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Simple...............From the road;
Call the landscapers; "Just get it ready to sell".
Call the movers; "Pack my shit & store it in the Pods".
Call the realtor; "Sell it".

Drive around Az. 'til you find a small town you like.
Drop in on the local realtor; "Convince me to stay".........Something where you can shoot from your patio deck.
Buy............and don't spend too much time worrying about selling price & buying cost. Like somebody once sang "...........is the jingle in your pocket worth the jangle in your mind ??"
Move in..........buy a little table-top bbq & a beverage of choice.
Notice the sunset.............they're awesome over here !!!!!
And as simple as that........you're home.

[Confused] Can you even still light a bbq in Calif. or do they require some kind of $$ smog device ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 03:21 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh No Kokopelli, you just opened a new can of worms for those dip shit snowflakes in Commifornia. Smogging your BBQ. It will be a new law in a matter of months now for the enlightened ones. But hey, maybe you can get a great BBQ for some change once all the old ones will have to be retrofitted with smog devices and only the elite will be able to afford it.
Well, it could happen there you know!

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 04:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ocregister.com/2015/03/25/residents-protest-barbecue-ban-at-city-meeting/

[ May 16, 2017, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 07:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
...............and lawn mowers; you DO have smog certificates for your lawn mowers, yes ??

And what about noise reduction devices on leaf blowers ?????

I would try and come up with more suggestions to improve life in Calif. but I think that I'm going to follow Paul's lead and go out in the desert and fling a few arrows at jackrabbits.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 07:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to know that in Olympia, Washington, they have NO BURN DAYS. Fireplaces shall not be lit when there is an inversion layer, which is often.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: and Tom, my brother refers to it as GOD'S COUNTRY.

[ May 16, 2017, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 08:54 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Certain lawn equipment etc. is not California compliant. It will not be certified by CARB (California Air Resources Board).

We can only sell certain models of any manufacturers(gas engine)) stuff out here. Deere, Stihl, Husqvarna..whatever. We have to pick from the list of California legal shit...just like firearms.

Battery operated lawn and garden equipment is the big shit here right now. Towns are banning noisy gas engines left and right. Affordable lithium battery tech is pushing this as well.
Mark

[ May 16, 2017, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 09:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's for the common good.
<sarcasm>

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 10:18 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You are correct Comrade !
<also sarcasm>

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 10:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know I hate liberals !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 11:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
GOD'S COUNTRY ??????

Western Washington is a corner of Hell too wet to burn !!!! If God has anything to do with Olympia he's using rain to try to wash Evergreen State College out to sea.

[Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 12:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Really, doesn't everybody hate Liberals? They are such assholes!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 03:37 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely insane. Talk about a whole flock of brainwashed sheep. George Orwell was right, Big Brother can and WILL keep you safe. And you better comply or you are off to the mind control police station to get processed and sent to a mental ward to learn how to comply with the new utopian order ruling Commifornia. What ever happened to freedom? Or was that just an obscure mind excersize that only radicals believed in. This is truely some fucked up stuff I am reading here.
Sheeple isn't the right word for the people that live there. Well, present company excepted.
The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many!
I did grow up there till I was 17 and remember it as a pretty nice place.I don't think it will ever be that place again.So sad , I will never go back to Lompoc ,or anywhere there to ever visit. I would feel so violated.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 04:15 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Lompoc that was a beautiful place cant imagine what its like now that was so many years ago. On the rare occasions I venture back to visit family I get an Ill feeling crossing the river. Outside of the Eastern Sierra it can all go to hell !

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters