The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Jay Nistetter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jay Nistetter
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 06:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, would love to hear about the gator adventures.
Calling or Swamp People style ???
Did you have to learn to speak Cajun ???

Thanx !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 25, 2017 06:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He speaks Okie. Close enough.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 25, 2017 11:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I want to hear about wading into murky swamp water after not quite dead "gators".

Jay, I always figured you for having some sense.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 05:45 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
I stayed on dry land Leonard.

I’ve only hunted gators in Florida around the Arcadia area with Gator Quest.
The last gator I took was for a FOXPRO TV episode (aired earlier this year) sponsored by Ruger. Since the only Ruger I own is a Super Redhawk 480, that’s what I took for my show segment.
Everyone was a bit skeptical about stalking, sneaking, shooting a large gator with a handgun with guide and cameraman in tow but indulged me. Gators act just like any other predator, except they normally don’t run off on dry land. They swim to deeper water and hold their breath forever.
There is no shortage of gators in Florida so hunting for a certain size is no big deal. My last one turned out to be a 9-footer. The guides are good enough to estimate the size within a couple inches either way.
The guide crew consisted of David Mills, Manny Puig, Robert Albritton and Tommy. Added to that was me, Steve Dillon, Andrew(cameraman) and friend Larry Wilson.
After three days of recovering from Chick-Fil-A catastrophe, I felt decent enough to go out with the gang to shoot my gator or at least get something useable on film. We spotted a decent gator 400 yards down a canal and planned our approach. Not hard to do because the canals are bermed. Just walk down out of sight and sneak a peek over the top of the berm. The cameraman, Robert and I belly crawled up the bank, turned on the FP gator pup sounds and the gator barely surfaced to look at us 30 yards away. I shot and gator sunk. We were happy. David took his shoes off, rolled up his britches and took a harpoon-type pole with him to poke around in the waste-deep water to find the gator. Oh shit! It wasn’t dead. The bubble trail showed it heading up the canal and things got loud. Tommy was stabbing at the bubble trails with his harpoon. The gator turned and came shooting out of the water BETWEEN Tommy’s legs, ALL ON FILM. It turned to go back to the water and I stepped up and shot it at probably 10 feet (or less). Made for a decent show but definitely lot’s of fun memories.
Larry shot his gator which turned out to be a couple inches shy of 12-foot.
Steve shot a smaller (5-footer) one on purpose to have the hide garment tanned to make some stuff.
Manny, David, Steve and Robert punked me on the first night out using a 7-foot stuffed gator and fake blood to create an alligator attack. I was already puking and shitting from being sick and I was in the water, out of the water, in the water several times to save a man’s life. If I’d had my revolver with me I’d have shot that plastic monster in the top of the head in between Manny and David. That portion of the show was edited way down for content.
I wrote a short story about it on my www.WeenoJack.com website page called the “Book of Steve”.
Long-winded post but still too short to do that trip justice. Just another guy telling another hunting story.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 06:40 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

-

Manny
 -

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 08:36 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
COOL !!!!!
[Cool]
Thanx !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 03:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Larry Wilson from that Shade Tree Ronde.

Well, looks like we got another "Movie Star" member. Wow!

Thanks for the post Jay. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 04:27 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago.lots changed.

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 07:11 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool as hell!
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 09:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jay.

I had a violent case of food poisoning in Vegas, one night. The culprit in my case was an Avocado Burger at Carl's Jr. I will never spend another dime at Carl's Jr! What a night!

Never thought much of Chik Fil a, either.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2017 03:12 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Can be rough for sure. After I got home I started receiving items in the mail like In-Style magazines, Depends, Geritol, Vitamin Supplements, Cooking magazines, plastic alligators and more.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 27, 2017 06:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We were in Vegas for a wedding, which I think is a little stupid? But there I was, Wynn Las Vegas, the fanciest accommodations I have ever experienced, beautiful view of the Strip, nice (natural) blonde, and I was sick as a dog. I have not looked at avocado quite the same, ever since. It was right up there with the time when I was 15 and got bombed on vodka. Thanks, Carl's Jr.!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 27, 2017 05:49 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
40 years ago I got sick from Jack in the Box burrito. Started throwing up blood and immediately went to emergency. Got right in and they pumped my stomach. Turned out what I thought was blood was from a 36 ounce cherry Icee I had earlier in the day.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2017 07:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess a "cherry icee" would be pretty much mandatory, in Phoenix? I always thought those 7 ounce Coors were invented for the Phoenix market? I could never drink a regular 12 ounce can without half of it being too warm for my tastes. (edit: in Phoenix) Of course, I'd have to be dying of thirst to drink Coors, you can be sure of that.

Question: How far is it from Las Vegas to Reno? At least a six pack.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters