The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hughsnet sattelite internet upgrade !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hughsnet sattelite internet upgrade !
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
They launched a new rocket and put up a new satellite . Got the upgrade installed today its as fast as any now. since I was bitching about it thought I would let anyone living in the boonies know that it is as advertised ,its quick!

[ April 19, 2017, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2017 03:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Paul. I saw a few of their ads and I am going to call them because what I have now is a joke, (HughesNet) yet was told it's the best anybody has to offer; at least in this area. FIOS would have to dig up the street, a lot more trouble.

See, we have no utility poles here! When this area was developed, since everybody has a pool, and nobody wants to get electrocuted while cleaning their pool. So all utilities are underground. Seemed a good idea, at the time? But, down in the seedier parts of town, hell they all have super fast Internet because they can easily hang another cable on the telephone poles. I'm going to call them, SOON!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31276 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2017 05:01 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
It works !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 04:54 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Was the upgrade just over the air?
I have Hughes net at the other place. Will be interesting o see it when I get home.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 06:45 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Earthwalker they will have to come out and install some new equipment and repoint your dish.
Now the router and modem are in one unit.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2017 01:37 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a hunch I'll never see anything. [Mad]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 05:13 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Earth walker give them a call they waived the install fee and the monthly went down by two bucks !

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 02:41 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on a rural pricing plan.
It's going to have to wait a while now.
Things are about to get busy for both of us.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters