The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Complaint about DAA? And Huber? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Complaint about DAA? And Huber?
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 08:11 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot imagine my life without hunting. Being a banker has given me the opportunity to interact with quite a few people over the years.

When I tell them I am from Western Kansas, they ask me what we do for fun 'out there'...when I tell them I shoot and hunt, they look at me the same way my dog did when I make a funny noise.

They tilt their heads, furrow their brows and look at me like I am an alien.

I think we have bred out the age old instinct to provide for one's self. The age of the smart phone totin', skinny jean wearin', latte sippin' metro-sexual wussy is the new order of the day it seems.

I have noticed in my hunter education classes that a lot of 30 something guys are taking the class as they have never been introduced to the hunting and shooting sports.

It is good they are getting involved, but it makes me wonder where they were in the first place...and these are people that grew up in this area.

Growing up here in pheasant country, I have been fortunate enough to be able to have literally shot dump truck loads of birds over the years. My deer 'hunting' has turned into deer 'shooting'. I bag a fat doe each year to give me my snack-stick and jerky fix.

Predator hunting is my passion, even though I may suck at it, there is still nothing that gets my heart pumping like seeing a coyote come to the call...it never gets old!

I just know that I was kicking around the pickup with my dad as early as 4 years old when he went pheasant and coyote hunting.

I am sure in some people's eyes, exposing a 4 year old to what I enjoyed back then would be considered child abuse.

My how times have changed...

[ April 26, 2017, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
92soggy
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4362

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2017 06:13 PM      Profile for 92soggy   Email 92soggy         Edit/Delete Post 
Very good description Fred, captured it to a T.
Only difference is we use a suppressor out here in civilized country so there is much of the "boom" [Smile]

Posts: 39 | From: Washington | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
92soggy
Member # 4362

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2017 06:14 PM      Profile for 92soggy   Email 92soggy         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Not much of a boom is what I meant.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2017 06:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't have a suppressor in The People's Republik.

Washington is the "civilized" country? Being polite, I will leave that alone.

However, it's a fact that that state is the most Liberal in the Country. Or, maybe a tie with Hawaii?

Don't mind me, soggy. But we do have to stand up for what we believe in. Peace.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31332 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
92soggy
Member # 4362

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2017 06:55 PM      Profile for 92soggy   Email 92soggy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well you're right about that Leonard, but eastern Washington is like Northern California and east Oregon. King county pretty well runs the whole state.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2017 05:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, why didn't you say so? I think Spokane is a hell of a nice town.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 06:54 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
"It is the difference between pursuing vs being pursued. That is the difference."

That's the allure of predator hunting. From the moment you start calling to the slap of lead to flesh, you're doing both. I used to do it all, at the same time. Trapline during the day until running hounds at night. Fishing, archery, etc., etc.. I hung the rest up to do what I enjoy most and what I feel I am most proficient at. When people ask me why, I just tell them I don't hunt anything that can't hunt me back.

Sad that more people don't visit here. One of the keys to learning is the ability to shoulder criticism. This is the sort of place where you need to be able to defend every word you post. If you're thin skinned, that's gonna be hard on you, and it seems a lot of people are awfully think skinned these days and simply looking for a fight. It's best to look at the barrage of challenge barks you get when first posting here as a Socratic style of learning. Sometimes, the replies are meant to redirect you to the truth. Other times, to steer you from your errors. And yet others, to compel you to look at your own strategies and methodologies so you can find your way to getting better on your own terms.

As far as visiting sites, for me, I spend a lot less time online these days. Too many real world problems to juggle, but my internet presence has evolved from the days when I sat here every evening surfing through a handful of different hunting sites to the present where I rarely check email unless I'm expecting something, and do most of my device-related communicating via text messaging. I even scaled back my social media time a LOT by giving the lion's share of my "Friends" list the ax once I realized how many people in this world think being your Facebook friend is enough of a commitment to keep the connection going. I've faced some real challenges in the past few years and those sorts can take their thumbs up emoticon "Like" and shove it up their "don't be calling me when you need help" ass.

I may be bitter. That's just me.

One thing is always constant, though. I know that I can always come here, read the comments of like minded people whose commentary always offers me insight into the issues of the day and help me to formulate solid, informed opinions. That, and there's always someone ready to call me out. That's not always a bad thing.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2017 05:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, thank you for that endorsement. I think you have a very good grasp of what is the intended purpose of this Forum. In my everyday interaction with the public, I'm not at all sure that there is anybody that has the same views and opinions as I have.

But, I know that the folks on Huntmasters see things largely as I see them. I'm not sure exactly what it is that allows us to see eye to eye on a wide range of topics, but if it stems from an interest in hunting coyotes, that's good enough for me.

This place is for you, the member just as much as for me, the tech weenie, although I wouldn't make a pimple on a "real" tech weenie's ass. That's all I expect to gain, association with like minded men, (and a few women). You might say preaching to the choir, but it has value. This place will be here for as long as I am able. I'm glad it is appreciated.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters