The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Complaint about DAA? And Huber? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Complaint about DAA? And Huber?
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 03:14 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 03:15 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol...some more.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 04:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and whatever happened to that Jay Nistetter? Another nobody? He should give me a call, one of these days. I need to get all knowed up on AZ scuttlebutt.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 05:37 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Leonard. Haven't been involved in any clubs for several years now and don't stay informed. Suits me fine.
No coyote photos to share from this end. Haven't shot an Arizona coyote in probably 5 years now. I typically go to Texas 3 or 4 times a year to take care of the coyote addiction but generally end up shooting hogs and fishing instead. Did manage a couple epic trips to Florida for gator. What fun. Some crazy people there. Wading out into the water after you shoot a gator to retrieve it after it sinks. Somotimes they're NOT dead. Insane.
Anyhow I still visit your place 3 or 4 times a week as I'm sure you know. Just got fed up here with clubs and went dark.
Still affiliated with FOXPRO and help on TV show from each time to time.
Started selling some of my old never-used firearms but that didn't work out because I have acquired more than I sold.
Ended the Rhinocalls.com business a year ago because it was nothing but a headache.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Please overlook the typo autocorrect. Two fat fingers on a tablet is challenging.

[ April 22, 2017, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted April 22, 2017 06:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Always welcome here, Jay. Nice to hear from you!

Good huntng. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 23, 2017 11:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really slow, but suddenly dawned on me that my Rhino Calls have suddenly become Valuable Historical Heirlooms!

I might even be able to purchase that new truck I thought I couldn't afford? Hot Damn! Hello, EBay?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Grizz
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2017 02:10 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, what ever came of that green Dodge with the Pullman camper you use to own? I always was impressed with that rig. Rick

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2017 03:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are talking about a 1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon.

Interestingly, mine originally belonged to the Legendary Lyle Brookover. Both he and Steve Sundeen bought identical trucks and duplicated the modifications every step of the way, including that bulletproof Pullman Camper with the walk through cab. Steve sold his to Ricky Orelli Jr and I bought Lyle's. I don't know about the other one but mine has more than 500,000 miles on it.

It's set up and optimized for night hunting. There is not a thing missing, all the night hunting features you ever thought of and I guarantee, quite a few more!

It has a 360 V8 and of course, it's 4 wheel drive w/transfer on the floor, has three gas tanks, 36 gallon in the back, and twin 8.5 gallon saddle tanks. Has a perfect hatch and rack set up. Between me and Lyle, this rig has probably accounted for XX, XXX coyotes.

It's always been a bit heavy with drum brakes, they came out with disc in '75, and it does not stop on a dime. With the lift kit, and the subsequent angles on the drive shafts, the U-Joints need to be changed regularly. That's it, brake shoes and U-Joints need attention and I always have spares on board for pretty much everything, hoses and V belts, etc.

I think I'd sell it if offered $2500. No air, of course. But, as a hunting rig, it's right at the pinnacle of development for night hunting, every stealth feature you can imagine, including paint.

Hell, those steel Pullman Campers, two guys can stand on the roof, they are built like a tank and originally, back in '75 cost $3500, but the company went out of business a long time ago, they are scarce as hen's teeth these days. And, by the way, it's permanently mounted, cannot be removed.

This engine has a problem which is why I parked it almost four years ago. It doesn't have many miles on it, a long block, estimate less than 10,000 miles but I think it slipped a tooth on the timing chain and haven't messed with it since. The trans is recent rebuilt because the torque converter blew up and ruined it but those 727's are strong transmissions. It's got a lot of hunting left in it but with my son and grandson in Colorado, that's my crew, and I'm not up to doing the work alone, these days. It's a good solid truck. The things it can do would amaze. Especially stealth mode. Nobody ever knows you are there.

Damn, it's a good truck!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2017 06:31 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Last time I seen Lyle was at Rick's service. Man those two could sure hunt. A few years before that I was on a hunt with Joe Vickers we were down in Yuma it was a Saturday around noon and the guys had to stop at a local sporting goods store. I sat shotgun and waited in the cab with the window down my right arm was laying on the door when some man walked up grabbed my arm with both hands. I was a split second from saying "Mister, you better get your fucking hands off me". It took a few seconds recognize Lyle. I aint seen him in a while. We got caught up seems to me he said he had retired down there. Rick

--------------------

Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2017 06:41 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I'll push your rig whenever the opportunity comes up to the guys in National and anyone else I think may be looking for a rig. Yours is a solid vehicle. I wonder how Steve and Jenny are? Rick

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2017 06:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I saw Lyle was at Rick's funeral. At the gravesite, talked to him for a couple hours? I don't think there is anyone that knows that border area from Yuma to Tucson better than Lyle. You know, there are no signs down there, and roads change due to conditions, washouts, etc. with many "go arounds" but it's damned easy to get totally lost down there and you can accidentally wind up in Mexico if you're not careful. I've hopped the fence to get/retrieve a Mexican coyote before. You do get a little nervous. Probably not worth the trouble, these days? Definitely not worth the trouble but it's a coyote hunter's Paradise.

Ah yes, strolling down Memory Lane!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I don't think Steve and Ginny hunt anymore? They ride Harley's now.

[ April 24, 2017, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2017 03:11 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep this is sparking many memories of the old guard. Rick

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 05:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as Steve and Ginny riding Harley's now, instead of hunting....like it's a transition from one phase to another, might as well be stamp collecting, just something for the spare time, like Bowling League.

I have run into folks I haven't seen in years, decades maybe, and they usually say something like: "you still doing that"? As if it's a phase, or something a sane person should grow out of.

I don't know about you folks but predator hunting ain't no damned "phase" with me. It's kinda like a life long commitment. Or, a dedication. I never thought that I'd "get over it" and don't expect to.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 05:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I cant imagine not hunting. Its a permanent part of me. I ride motorcycles as well always have couldn't give that up either.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 06:12 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it definitely is a life long deal with me too. Some times wish it weren't. All the damned money I've spent doing it over the years. But I still love it. Now for different reasons than in years past. Used to be all about killing as many as possible. Now I've slowed down a bit and am just enjoying getting out after them and seeing new country.
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 06:14 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not hunt ????
I don't understand.
Isn't that like Not Breathe ????

[Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 06:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine I could be well off if I didn't hunt? It's like they describe a boat as a hole in the ground that you throw money in.

Quite a few years ago, a bunch of us were sitting around waiting for check in and talking about the money we have spent on such a non monumental thing as hunting coyotes. Went around the circle and every one of them estimated they could have bought a very nice house with the money, instead. But, then what? Where's that sense of satisfaction? Scratching the itch is not optional. I'd call up my buddy and get right to the point: "I need to kill something". I mean, not really, but at least the possibility of killing something. I think it's called, PURSUIT?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 11:25 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
The cost per coyote is staggering when you add everything up.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 11:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
When we used to go to Mexico, considering all the hassle, extra trips firearm inspections, permits and of course the money. The Mexicans wouldn't waste a 22 rimfire on something they couldn't eat and looked at us like we were stark raving idiots. Of course, they never said it, but we knew what they thought about what we did and the time we wasted doing it and the money involved, which they knew, (Mexicans understand money) but didn't understand hunting coyotes; when you can just throw rocks at them, which is what they do.

No, hunting coyotes in Mexico is lunacy. Ask any Mexican. They can be diplomatic but you can tell what they really think.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2017 05:39 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Bomba!
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 01:20 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, hunting ,or calling, coyotes has been a lifelong persuit ever since I got my first call when I was 12 years old and went out to my aunts ranch out by Tahachapi.That was in 1962. Never ever dreamed I would still be doing it for ever.I've run hounds ,hunted big game etc. But calling up a coyote and fooling it with a mouth blown whistle has never lost it's charm. I have used electronic callers but it just isn't the same as calling one right into your lap with a mouth blown call. And then there's all the other critters you call up that always seemed to amaze me. I don't care if I shoot one so much anymore as enjoy fooling them for some new guy or old friend for that matter. Like I said I never thought it would ever be a lifelong hobby that has brought me more pleasure than I can describe.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 04:28 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been blessed to have done a bunch of cool shit, too. Still, there are few things more exhilarating than sitting on stand and catching that first glimpse of a coyote who just put skin in the game!!!

If anything, I appreciate and enjoy calling even more, now that some years of experience have sunk in & helped to level out the initial adrenaline spike of seeing one on the way!!!

Imagine that first stand of the morning. You and a good buddy sip coffee in the dark. When time is right, you ease out of the truck, real quiet-like, grab your gear & head out to set your trap...

Conditions are perfect, just a breath of wind, the Sun about to paint fire on the horizon. You both analyze the terrain as it opens before you. Without a word, each knows where to sit, and what their partner will do...

Settling in as a new day blossoms, the anticipation builds. You figure shooting lanes and how a coyote might use the terrain to approach...

When shooting light arrives, the lure is thrown. Soft sounds of misery permeate the dawn. Any sign of movement draws a razor focus of attention...

Then...THERE HE IS!

Mr. Wiley, himself!!!

The scene unfolds, a lip-squeek to confirm with your partner. Both see him now, and begin to fine tune in expectation of a shot...

300yds....250....200...gettin' ready now. The slight breeze stays true, you will not be betrayed...

Is Mr. Wiley alone? Got a partner in tow?

Mr. Wiley stops to burn a hole at your location with those yellow eyes. But the breaking dawn makes it hard on him.
He circles the wind, to steal a sniff...

Inside 150 now, looks like he's alone.

Mr. Wiley checks up once again. He's seen enough, or nothing at all. Either way, he's about to take his toys & go home. BUT...he stops broadside for one last glance...

You've been tracking him in the scope. Safety is off, the pad of your finger begins to touch the ribs of the trigger shoe. As Mr. Wiley stops, your crosshairs settle in, and that last bit of pressure breaks the sear...

BOOM!

Mr. Wiley never knew what hit him. You rack the bolt, catching your precious brass, as your eyes pan & scan for any flashes of fur. The smell of burnt powder lingers in the damp morning air. You check again, and Mr. Wiley is stone dead, just where he once stood...

A few more minutes of misery, until a whistle breaks the stand. You & your buddy meet, share a grin of satisfaction & maybe slap on the back...

"Let's do that...AGAIN"!!!

HOW CAN THAT EVER GET OLD???

[ April 26, 2017, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 05:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody explain it to me? How come calling/hunting coyotes is totally different from any other? Sometimes they talk about Woodcock, or Big Horn Sheep, or Sable Antelope as being so special. None of them you can think of can grab a man's attention beyond all reason, basically, forever?

That's something I figured out a long time ago while engaged in other pursuits, be it Deer Hunting or Bass Fishing. I knew what stirred the juices but didn't know why? It's always a challenge, never really routine, even the chip shots.

I always described it as, "THE FEVER". You either "get it" or ya don't.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 06:43 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
It is the difference between pursuing vs being pursued. That is the difference.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2017 07:59 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Bird hunting was my first love but when I started hunting coyotes that changed. I remember the guy who taught me how to call shooting a bobcat one night. I was in total awe. I couldn't keep my eyes off of that cat. That very night I killed my first coyote. I was totally hooked.

I used to be a contract cable splicer and would get laid off for a while every Fall so I bought all of the equipment I needed to become a waterfowl hunting guide and it paid the bills but predator hunting was still in my blood. Seems I always come back to it.

I've killed numerous deer in SE Alaska as well as mt goats and caribou father north. Loved hunting ptarmigan and grouse and the great thing about it was you ate what you killed. Yet the excitement of hunting coyotes tops everything else.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters