The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Complaint about DAA? And Huber? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Complaint about DAA? And Huber?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 12:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, who knows why people do things and think certain things? Who knows why a thread at PMS causes somebody to email me? Well, maybe because they know I post everything? If it involves my members, I'm not big on back channels, and that's why the private message feature on Huntmasters has always been disabled. Too many sneaky people cause big trouble with private messaging. But, I'm not shy to put it out there for everybody. See what the Peanut Gallery thinks about it, ya know?

I just sent you that upset email from Tony. I'm still mystified?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 12:57 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, post 'em up, Paul.
There are more of us than you would think living vicariously 'off the grid' with you.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 01:45 PM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard - I'm one of those who doesn't post much but reads daily. I have a central nerve problem which causes my hands to tremble, involuntary violent jerking, falling and terrible pain in my feet. All the above a result of forty-two months in Vietnam. Haven't called in anything for the past several years but will give it a try this coming fall/winter (Hint to Brent & Vic). Brent was nice enough to pick me up and drag me along when he was pulling his traps and that was sure appreciated. Having said all that I do appreciate the expense and time you spend on this site. Gives us home bound callers something to do.

P.S. Took me about an hour to type all this.

[ April 16, 2017, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: JP ]

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 02:49 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
^^^^ And there ya go...awsome post.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 04:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You can say that again!

JP, considering your problem and all, that's a post to be proud of and one we understand and value.

See, I know you guys are out there! So now, folks like Paul will take up the slack and give you more stuff to read about.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: and Brent and Vic. Come on guys, break in easy, once a week? [Roll Eyes]

[ April 16, 2017, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
My take is this:

This (HM) can be a very intimidating place for some callers, I think. As you have said Leonard, most of the membership here are experts at their craft. For someone to come on and talk about their first bobcat kill might not feel too welcome.

A few years ago I had invited a friend to join here. He signed up, and Leonard approved his membership. My friend (he is retired living in Wyoming) tried a few posts and nobody responded to him. He reached out to me and said he wouldn't be coming here anymore. Oh well.. I guess I felt a little responsible for my friend not getting a warm welcome and things not working out here. But I didn't say anything because I understand the culture here, and it's really none of my business as to how that culture reflects on others.

This is indeed a rough crowd. Post against the "norm" and you get pounced on. Believe me, I know I asked for it with the cop threads. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed the challenge. But most people want to post for the social aspect and not the challenge, if you know what I mean. Especially for someone who just wants to post about coyote calling, or machine guns, or whatever.

I'm not complaining though. I like it here, and is the reason I keep coming back even though I don't have a whole lot in common with you guys, and I'm not near in the same class of callers as you guys are.

But Leonard asked for feedback, and I am being as honest as possible, from what I have been seeing. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

[ April 16, 2017, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 06:15 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
JP,

Thanks for your service and WELOME HOME MAN!!!!

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 07:40 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
INDEED, Thank you for your service JP!!! Great post!!

4949 you are quite the regular here! When you first came rolling in here several years ago I suspected you might not stay. But you have the determination and thick skinnedness as Krusty!!
The past couple of years I have kind of become more of a lurker than a poster but I have always enjoyed your contribution here.

If Huntmasters closed down, I would feel like I lost a lot of good friends. As someone mentioned before, it's amazing how well you get to know people just from their Forum posts. After years it's like everyone becomes friends.

I would love the opportunity to meet all of the members here personally; that would really be phenomenal!!

Leonard, you've got yourself a pretty cozy house here. Thanks for making us all feel at home; you do a great job!

[ April 16, 2017, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 08:05 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with 49, have to say. It's true to some degree..intimidating is the word I hear the most regarding this forum. Just sayin.

Mark

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 03:51 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, me & my brother had a 55gal. tank with rift lake cichlids. It all started with finding a used tank at a garage sale, and it was all down hill from there! I remember saving up our paper route money to get the specialized stuff needed for the rift lake cichlids...under-gravel filter, rocks & coral, special gravel, pH test kits, etc. Heck, we even got a special black light fluorescent hood to enhance the fish' "electric" colors. Like this guy:

-

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 06:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Fred. Can be much satisfaction in a project like that.

49, the way you describe your friend and that he felt "stiffed" by this crowd. That offends and saddens me. First of all, I have no recollection whatsoever, but what was his motivation? Was he looking to form some kind of life long bond with another human, or what? I don't think the problem was on our end. I think it's just like any place where A types congregate. You don't have to prove anything, or worry about it.

I think he may have been one post away from satisfaction but he gave up too soon. You wouldn't believe how much stories like this bothers me because these are the type we need. The reason is that when you have 5,000 killers standing around, there ain't much to talk about. But if the novice asks, maybe in the right way or persistently, he will get his answers and a feeling of belonging.

By the way, one of the emails from these guys I don't know that seem to be upset that DAA is wasting his time talking to that fake red frog....anyway, right out of left field the guy says; yeah, and Lone Howl spends way too much time on PM! So, there you go, can't please everybody.

Now, who takes the time to write to a total stranger and someone else participating on a message board I haven't visited 6 times in ten years, I don't have a clue. But Lone Howl; take note, somebody out there doesn't like your behavior. Straighten up and fly right, as my momma used to say!

I guess we are all a bunch of immature assholes, but I'm partial to our particular group of assholes. Damn, it's been years since the last "Board War". I saw something about the membership at PM is at 57,000! That's a lot of assholes!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: meant to comment about something 49 said. In a nutshell, we need to figure out how to soften the "intimidation" aspects, although It actually flies right over my head, unrecognizable. So, think about it, people.

[ April 17, 2017, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 07:10 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol. totally predictable ex-PM "staff" and HM wannabe.
But yeah..Im going over there right now.
Mark

[ April 17, 2017, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 08:03 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Way I see it is this:

Ya can't please everyone, and ya certainly don't hafta like 'em, either.

If someone finds a 'happy place' on the interwebs to fit in and/or find enjoyment, who is anyone else to begrudge that? Or, bitch about it?

I'll tell ya who. A miserable/jealous/vengeful/hateful type of person, that's who. That said, it don't seem like the type who'd do well here, anyhoo. Blessing in disguise that they didn't join the board to bitch...

Fuck em.

[ April 17, 2017, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 17, 2017 08:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred, I'm surprised of your sensitivity.

I was going to leave it at that, but for the sake of harmony, and if harmony is desirous, can a few of our deep thinkers give the issue some thought, then offer direction and guidance? We could use it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 08:54 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just sayin' Leonard, that it seems like most members here are of the "live and let live" sort. To think that anyone here actually gives two shits about who posts what, and where, runs contrary to that opinion...

But, I could be way off?

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 09:41 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the ranks of the banned, persona non-grata over at the PMS board. Can't even remember what I did to get in that group, but don't miss it.

Listening to some guys here that I hold in high regard, Tony Tebbe has no credibility to me at all.

I think there are many here who have more coyote calling and hunting experience than the whole group of '57,000' registered members of that site.

I know a little about a lot of things, and coyote hunting is in that category. I just know that being here has helped me become a better caller and hunter by listening and learning.

God gave us two ears and one mouth, and they should be used in proportion. Unfortunately, some folks don't subscribe to that advice.

Put me in the category of helping out financially if you need it, LB. I like this site, the guys here, and want to make sure it stays around!

Just my humble two cents...

[ April 17, 2017, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 11:00 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I do think my buddy was one post away from staying. And I think he would have fit right in if he had. I was actually waiting for your usual "Welcome Post," but it never came. I think that maybe you just missed his posts and never saw him. I believe that would have done the trick.

He is a retired cop and isn't the sensitive type. He is more of the frustrated with people type after having worked in law enforcement all those years. I can understand in that respect.

His user name was Wyominglooks, or Wyolooks, or something similar.

Anyway, I just thought you would like (or appreciate) some honest feed back.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 11:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, 49 I do appreciate it. I "try" to do the "welcome" coincidental with the member's first post. But, this is a one man operation, and like now, I just got out of the hospital Saturday, and my phone is really difficult to monitor Huntmasters like it needs. I fuck up and miss, (overlook) some website duties once in a while. On the other hand, I do not delegate, so whatever happens is my fault, I can't blame it on some appointed moderator. If there are two people in charge, there will be two opinions, if there are three moderators, there will be three different ways to handle a situation. I do the best I can with what I have, and that's it. One thing you can be sure of, I will try to be fair to everybody. I probably fail on that issue occasionally, but even Ted Williams only batted .406 lifetime.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 12:58 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody is perfect, Leonard. We all have lives and other responsibilities.

I think I can speak for everyone here in that we appreciate all you do.

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 05:37 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
This forum has a life of it's own. The usuals here are guys that have done a lot of calling, know they have that in common, and just touch base once in a while to see what's going on. It has never been a "what is the best call to use" kind of site.

The traffic can really slow down at times and that is prolly when 49's buddy posted. What he may have saw as rejection might actually have been a very slow time. I have tried to answer questions on other sites if they go unnoticed but usually someone is quick to help.

I have a large Rubbermaid tote loaded with just about every coyote study that has ever been done. Also have a lot of good reference material such as "Wild Furbearer Management and Conservation in North America" which is one of the first things I would grab in a fire. Someday, perhaps on a rainy day, I will try to post some really interesting biological information on coyotes. A quick one that comes to mind was an ear tag study that showed an average dispersion of 25 miles. Stuff like that.

Ray Alcorn did some really interesting research on coyote vocalizations.

Some day but not right now.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 07:01 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
One reason I'm here is because I don't have to read the constant "new at his and need some help" posts that are rampant on another site that I won't name. I go there sometimes but seldom post. As far as posting hunting threads here I seriously doubt that I could say anything that most of the members here don't already know.

Unfortunately my health took a serious downturn last year and I'm not able to get out but even if I did I doubt that I would be posting kill shots. Something unusual, yes, but not every hunt. I do enjoy it when someone else posts.

Something else I like is that the people here aren't the kind that are just looking for the next thing to kill. Guys here are experienced hunters and sportsmen and I'm glad to be part if it.

Leonard......if I haven't thanked you before I'm doing it now.

BTW.......I'll back Dave all the way.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 07:29 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to contribute more Leonard. I don't go one PM much these days I spend a lot of time on the Corvette forum and the Colt Collectors. I have to admit I do feel just slightly intimidated with this site I can't quite put my finger on as to a reason why. I thoroughly enjoyed the post a while back on the old CVCA jacket. Maybe I'll dust mine off and post a few photos of it sometime. No way I'll ever fit into it again. Regards, Rick

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 08:51 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard. I just noticed the hospital comment.

The rest of all this shit is trivial, compared to ones health.

I hope all is well..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2017 10:26 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree with the rest of you guys, this is the only forum I look at anymore. Especially as life gets so busy these days this is just a great place to come and enjoy a few minutes knowing you're not going to get asked some of the nonsense questions asked on other sites and also the guys sticking there chests out on how great they are. Most all the guys on here are as Leonard said "been there done that". Just a great group of guys talking shop. Thanks Leonard for providing a great place to hang out and visit.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2017 04:56 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
damn, we got off topic long ago, I guess that's allowed here on like other forums, so let me get back on topic, here's my complaint about DAA, why the heck is the date on my last coyote calendar 2015? Dammit, get busy and put out another calendar Dave.

PS- I, like the rest that hang out here, enjoy it because were mostly cut of the same cloth. Been down the road enough miles that we've all done most of what there is to do and can relate. I appreciate you keeping the doors open Leonard, Thanks.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters