The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Gorsuch sworn in

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gorsuch sworn in
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 08:11 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Unless we've all been played for fools we can all breath a little sigh of relief this morning.

I can only imagine what kind of SCOTUS pick Hillary would've made. Her last pick was Ruth Bader Ginsburg when her husband was president.

I read that there are like 200 positions to fill on the lower courts. In the past Democrats have filibustered any Republican pick but through their own folly President Trump (I like the sound of that) will nominate conservative judges to the courts.

The Democrat controlled state legislature here in Oregon is passing anti gun laws but the majority of the sheriffs are saying they're unenforceable so they won't even try. The latest is a law that forces citizens to lock up their firearms and make them inoperable making owning a gun for self defense impossible. Thank Bloomberg for this one. He donated thousands of dollars to get 3 Democrats elected in order to introduce these bills. Our carpet munching governor is totally anti gun and you can bet she will sign anything that's anti gun that comes across her desk.

What is it with all of the coastal states except Alaska?

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 08:32 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The goal is to get the laws on the books to the point that people will eventually stop owning guns.
That would be the law-abiding ones. The criminals won't care, and should you ever use a firearm to defend yourself you'll be breaking more laws than the turd who broke into your home in the first place.
It's a brave new world.

> Note; It's the I-5 corridor that's fuked up.
Go inland in Wash. - Ore. or even Calif. and you start finding necks turning red.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 08:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thank God for small victories. That one seat is worth the vote for Trump, no matter whatever else happens.

I have been scratching my head over the Schumer decision to Filibuster the nomination, knowing that would invoke the "nuclear" option? This guy is supposed to be intelligent but any moron could see that it wasn't going to work?

Another thing. As I understand it, this 60 vote rule is hardly some time honored institution, it's only been in force since early 2000's and before that it was a simple majority rule, just like now. What the hell is the BFD?

Ginsberg will not retire but she's so feeble she should
be disqualified. She has been quoted as favoring the South African Constitution over our own. How's that for proof that she aught to retire to the old folks home?

Anyway, Obama did so much damage and Trump is doing what he said he would do, which is all you can ask for....repeal all of his idiot Executive Orders, and good fucking riddance!

Maybe Justice Kennedy is next? The famous and unreliable "swing vote".

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: what I mean is; I think Kennedy, appointed by (I think?) Reagan, but he has voted with the other side more often than with the conservatives on the court, and even then, sides with the friggin' Liberals on some really important stuff like Roe v Wade. Not that original statute, but lots of issues that continue to support abortion on demand.

edit: make no mistake, ko ko. The fear of prison is on my mind whenever I might have reason to defend my Constitutional rights. And, hesitate. I pushed a gun up a man's nose one time, when he had three other friends. Even then, I left the scene before L.E. showed up. I didn't want to kill him anyway, just that he get on the other side of that fence. A prowler and a total stranger, BTW.

[ April 10, 2017, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 09:27 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
As good as Gorsuch is, the nuclear option was ALMOST scuttled by Arizona's favorite RINO, Stinky McCain.

If you want play by play about what happened, you can read the article at www.townhall.com.

Normally, I think Mitch McConnell is a limp-wristed weasel, but he pulled this one from the fire.

McAmnesty wanted to support the filibuster to 'retain the great integrity of the Senate'...what a load of bull!

Apparently, they got all of the GOP senators to support the nuclear option even with McCain's objections.

I am not so sure that if one of the other liberal SCOTUS judges retire, that the process will work like the Gorsuch nomination.

All I know is that we should have a 5-4 majority for now...

[ April 10, 2017, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 10:06 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
It should be called the Reid Option, permanently.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 11:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well and good but Kagan and "the wise Latina" could be around for 25/30 more years. Keep your fingers crossed that our ACLU judge croaks next. Her background alone should have been enough to disqualify Ginsberg, the worst flaming Liberal on the court. In fact, none of the three "ladies" have ever broken ranks, so far as I am aware? They vote reliably Liberal every time. No way, never a hint of a swing vote. Total indoctrinated Liberal vote every friggin' time! True believers, those two. Thanks, Barry!

edit: and both of them got A BUNCH of Republican votes. That shit has got to change! It's scorched earth, Baby! You can't be civil with Liberals, they are ruthless. Time the RINO's learned how to play the game!

[ April 10, 2017, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 12:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, speaking of Kennedy, here is a very serious and troubling article about a whole series of decisions caused by one of Kennedy's opinions.

Read about it here. It's scary!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446574/obergefell-judges-invent-rights

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2017 07:15 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Kennedy is always a loose cannon on the court. Reagan made the historic nomination of Sandra Day O'Connor. Sadly, the last couple of years she turned liberal. I guess she didn't think she was getting enough attention.

Ginsberg's political comments about Trump should be enough to disqualify her for the court. At the very least she should be severely reprimanded. Justices are supposed to be above politics but we all know that's BS.

Ginsberg said she doesn't even bother looking to the constitution or the Federalist Papers when making a decision but rather international law. Again, she took an oath to to the constitution yet like every Democrat she pays no attention to her oath. Every day is a new assault on the constitution.

Then there's Breyer.. In a fit of anger he replied to a question about a particular case he replied "The constitution means what I say it means." Arrogant prick.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2017 07:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, point well taken. Then, there is Souter; that little weasel. Republican presidents have a horseshit record on picking conservative justices, even Roberts is wobbly like with Obamacare. But, this time, I'm optimistic. Especially on Second Amendment issues. When you peel back layers, you can count on Liberals being hard core to their soul. Conservatives turn out a lot more moderate, but from here on, it should be, take no prisoners!

Republican presidents should have learned their lesson with Kennedy and Bork, for all time. You have to play for keeps. Ruthless! And, thanks to the simple majority vote to confirm, it's time Trump puts on his big boy pants and nominate judges that believe in the Constitution, and what it actually SAYS. This could be a very comforting time for conservative values.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2017 06:46 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a little piece of information you may not know. Ted Kennedy probably did us a favor when he scuttled Bork. Bork was anti second amendment.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2017 05:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Nope, I never heard that one? That's my acid test. However a candidate is on the Second Amendment, all other issues seem to fall in place. Hasn't failed me yet. It seems to be foolproof?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters