The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » credit, he who shall not be named

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: credit, he who shall not be named
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted April 01, 2017 02:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Who the hell ever decided that what Wyoming really needs is KANGAROOS?

http://county10.com/first-90-kangaroos-released-in-wyoming/

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 03:25 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
You do realize what day it is I hope LB?

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 04:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I just did and tried to get on here before anybody else started laughing at me. Got tied up in the basketball game.

Sorry!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 04:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna ban that guy!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 04:49 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Too Funny!

Troy Dunn (PRCA bull rider): "I thot he'd jomp to tha laaft bote he jompt to the roaat"

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 06:09 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2017 03:16 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
New Jersey could use a few. Lol..
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2017 06:10 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave here's something for the petting zoo!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2017 09:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald Stewart and I had breakfast one time and he told me a story about journeying to Australia, partially about game calls and some recreational hunting.

He said that he really wasn't too keen on it but he was kinda on the spot to shoot one of those large gray kangaroos. So, he did and he hit it dead in the chest. The kangaroo clasped both upper arms to his chest and staggered around kind of like a overacting actor milking it for all he was worth and then dramatically keeling over just like the bad guy in a western movie.

He said it was quite traumatic and could have done without it and felt bad, too. Kinda like killing a human.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2017 04:51 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would skip the Roo hunt and go for an Aussie buffalo, or some dingos.
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2017 08:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dingo's and fox are there predators down under.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2017 08:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall that Australia historically, had no mammals, at all. Rabbits, dingos and foxes had to be introduced, and immediately move to the top of the food chain and any other chain. Water Buffalo, of course.

Australia still regarded as the premiere bird location/habitat in the entire world. I believe, fearlessly, more avian species than all others; maybe combined?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2017 05:14 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, good description on the croaking kangaroo! For some reason that struck me as quite funny.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2017 04:59 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the places I teach hunter ed classes is an old grocery store about 5 miles from where I grew up in a little backwater town here in Kansas.

It has been turned into a lodge of sorts and hosts the annual turkey dinner on opening day of pheasant season each year.

There are a lot of cool mounts and hides adorning the walls, and one of them really looked like a mountain lion sans head and feet. I asked the owner what the heck it was, and it is an Australian 'roo. Not sure how he got it, but it is neat.

During one part of the class, we do a wildlife ID section, and we have tanned hides the students can look at, and with the mule deer and whitetail mounts, they can ID deer as well.

I point to the mysterious hide on the wall for ID, and they are stymied...I tell them it is the extinct Kansas Kangaroo, and that one was the last shot here and it came from the creek behind the lodge...

The looks I get are priceless...

[ April 05, 2017, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2017 07:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

A guy I used to hunt with had spent a fair amount of time 'down under' and actually had a mounted kangaroo head.
He was living in North Hollywood in an apartment and for some reason decided to jerk the manager around.
He started complaining about the rats that he saw at night.
The manager set rat traps.
Brad mangled them with a claw hammer and continued to complain about the huge rats.
The manager told Brad to go ahead and shoot one with his bow. He wanted to see one for himself.
Brad took the mount, wrapped in a towel with just the head sticking out and showed it to the manager who just about shit himself. :eek
Gotta love a good gag !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2017 07:59 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko...that is some funny stuff!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2017 11:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, funny, but you could have done a better job with a full grown opposum. I have seen a few people call them huge rats. I've trapped two recently while trying to get a feral cat. Possums get released but I'd drown the fucking cat!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I had him once! Long story involving a bunny hugger daughter. [Mad]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2017 02:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
When I lived in the Valley of San Fernando I used to live trap 'possums and spray them down with a lime green Halloween hair dye, then turn them loose.
I may have also mentioned something about rumors of the housing track being built over mis-placed radio-active medical waste to a paranoid peta type neighbor.

[Razz]

Yeah, I know...............I'm going to Hell.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2017 02:55 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Good one Koko! [Big Grin]
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2017 07:09 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:
Dave here's something for the petting zoo!

Yeah, two goats, a calf, a bunny out there with 'em. Probably another calf this weekend.

Wife, want's a Donkey now !!

Yep, turning into a petting zoo for sure !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2017 06:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Get a peacock. The neighbors will appreciate it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2017 07:10 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters