The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » there is something dysfunctional about Republicans!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: there is something dysfunctional about Republicans!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted March 24, 2017 02:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Like they have been saying for a couple days now: They, (Republicans) have had seven years to come up with a workable alternative to OBAMACARE.

It's shameful to let it drop like they did and now the Democrats are laughing at them. And, they deserve the scorn. Now, they own OBAMACARE. WTF?

It's not Trump's fault, he tried. Lots of people are pointing the finger at Paul Ryan. With what little I know about it, he looks like a good scapegoat.

But, I agree with the pundits that said pass what they got and then work with it, amendments and riders and the end result would have a little bit to satisfy everybody. Someday, when the history of this debacle is written, they will point out the stupidity of the entire leadership of the party. You listening, Mr Speaker?

I'm disgusted.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2017 03:15 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If the Republican establishment is still confused as to why President Trump got elected rather than one of the 'real' candidates, all they need do is look to their performance today to see why the people are pissed !!!

SHAME !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7583 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2017 05:05 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep..repubs will never learn. Same shit as always.
I'll tell you one thing...they blow the opportunity they have been given, (being in full control) this time, they ain't gonna ever be elected again because nobody will give a fuck anymore.
This is the one last gasp...and they are fucking it up as usual.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2017 09:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't got it all figured out, (as usual) but I noticed one thing. Liberals don't negotiate. Period. Obama never contacted congress, the Democrats and for sure never tried to work with the Republicans. The result, one "party line" policy, just like communism. Literally, Obama's strategy was: MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY.

Now, compare that with all the factions the stupid Republicans have developed, The FREEDOM CAUCUS, and several others that have a specific slant of how things should be done. And, all of them are just as inflexible as OBAMA, in their own way. This created so damned many blockages and different philosophies.

And, they all have the same attitude, my way or the highway, and they learned it from Barry. But, too many free thinkers. They can't get anything done because they all seem to have different ideas that are all NON NEGOTIABLE.

And, here we are, egg on our faces. "We will cancel OBAMACARE on the first day." Yeah, right! So, the problem seems to be DISCIPLINE. The Republican leaders can't control all these rebel factions and the result: They look like idiots! Seven years to fabricate a reasonable healthcare package!

My question is; who the hell is responsible? Who dreamed up this "American Health Care" policy. Same thing as OBAMACARE, "we have to pass it to find out what's in it".

What kind of bullshit is that? All these factions with different priorities, and they have the package sprung on them all at once. Who wrote this shit? Why are there so many obvious objections, and why didn't they take into account the possibilities, during this previous seven years? Really, it's insane! They should have had an IRONCLAD BILL ready to go on day one! Why didn't they? Who's responsible? If it's Paul Ryan, that guy should be fired!

This whole thing is ridiculous. See,(let's review) the Democrats write a Bill with major obvious flaws, but the discipline of the party is in force and they all vote for it with zero Republican votes....because they could!

Here we have the exact same situation. Republicans control the House and the Senate AND THE PRESIDENCY, and these morons can't put together a plan that is even half way agreeable to a majority of the Party. How could that happen? These asshole don't deserve to run the country. They had the ball on the opponents 10 yard line and couldn't even manage a field goal that would have won the game. IDIOTS!

end of rant

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2017 01:28 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
^^^YES

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2017 02:32 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad the damn bill didn't pass. All the research I found pointed out it was worse for the working middle class than o care. IMO, we have just witnessed how our founding fathers intended for legislation to work in our gov't. Its just that we (including our legislators) have forgotten its supposed to be very hard to pass something of this nature. Everyone has become accustomed to 'group think'.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2017 04:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you are glad it didn't pass. Period.

But, look at the propaganda value for Democrats. Regardless of the quality of the Bill, the talking heads have questioned the whole enchilada. The tax reform is in trouble, and whatever is supposed to be next in line. Now they claim that Trumps' presidency is in trouble, because? Yes because the bill you are glad that it didn't pass, didn't pass which indicates to the chattering class that the entire four years might be in jeopardy, he may be impeached but at least you are glad the weak healthcare bill was screwed. It's all perception, all optics.

I think this fiasco was unfortunate and should not have happened.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2017 06:59 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is what we just witnessed is a one party system. Trump is a lone wolf. There are no Democrats & Republicans anymore. Period.

It seems pretty obvious ?

Why should the fucking government be involved in one's health insurance anyway ? You can afford it or not. Right ?

I'm truly sorry to those who cannot afford it. Why is that my fucking problem ? My wife's former employer dropped her insurance last year. We rolled the dice for several months. Yes she did go to the doctor a few times, and yes we paid for that.

Now 10 MONTHS of no coverage. I have to pay the fuckin' IRS a several hundred dollar fine ?

She's insured now. The gov't needs to stay out of my business !!

end of rant !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2017 07:10 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Heck yea I am glad a shitty bill didn't get passed. I want something that is better, not just something that is sponsored by the team I pull for. Paul Ryan has never been a conservative, and it was his bill.

quote:
But, look at the propaganda value for Democrats.
These are the same democrats that put up HRC to run as potus

quote:
Regardless of the quality of the Bill, the talking heads have questioned the whole enchilada.... Now they claim that Trumps' presidency is in trouble,
These are the same people that said HRC would be our next president....no chance for Trump.

Look, I get it....we all want Trump to make good on his promises, but passing something just for the sake of passing it gives fuel to the opposition. Trump has never been a conservative, but he is someone who will shake up the status quo. Just the fact that he has the MSM so freaked out they are chewing on their own collars is a win in my book.Ryan needs to get his shit together and prove he can bring all the R's together and get something to the presidents desk, because I guarantee he'll sign it.

maintain

P.S. quit listening to the msm so much....they ALL suck and very few pay much attention to them....I have the trump tweets to proove it....lol

--------------------

CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2017 07:12 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave Allen, I agree 100%.....there need s to be only a repeal of ACA.....NO replace

--------------------

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2017 07:30 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dave Allen, I agree 100%.....there need s to be only a repeal of ACA.....NO replace
And allow people to shop across state lines for insurance.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2017 04:58 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
All the research I found pointed out it was worse for the working middle class than o care.
All I know for sure is that when obummercare went into effect is that my health insurance cost was doubled per month. Get rid of it. Period.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2017 06:17 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
First off, to hell with the liberal critics and what they say. They are going to criticize everything Trump says or does no matter whether it is right or wrong. They are truly that vindictive so their opinion should be meaningless to anyone who voted for Trump.

If the republican bill had passed, the critics would have come up with a narrative that the replacement bill will leave many unprotected.

Since the republican bill did not pass, they will claim the republicans are divided and Trumps presidency is doomed. SCREW THEM!

If the republican replacement bill did not have broad based support then it needs to go back to the drawing board until it has the support of the majority.

Bottom line is that health care, which involves the government (which this is), is going to be a very complicated issue. A real leader would know that and would state that but voters don't want to hear that so there you go. Catch 22!

Reducing taxes will be the same way. It's not that cut and dried. If you want to balance the budget and cut taxes, you have to cut massive programs particularly when you increase military spending and increase revenue to improve infrastructure.

None of these issues are easy.

Think of it this way, if the republicans are this divided on this, obviously there is problems with it that need remedies and compromise to benefit the highest degree of constituents.

Forget the liberal critics. They will never give Trump any credit cause they are sore LOSERS.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 05:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
YEAH BUT.

It's two against one. Liberal Democrats AND the Media, versus Republicans who argue over details. Until they get ruthless and focus on the goal, the Democrats will slap them silly, aided and abetted by a complicit and dishonest Media. This is WAR and Republicans had better learn to fight for what they believe in.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 05:45 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
They do fight for what they believe in.

Money.

Same thing the democrats believe in.

End of the day, they all serve the same common purpose.

The rest is just a side show, pandering for votes to gain leverage to gain favor with the money.

Obamacare isn't going away. Not anymore than bank deregulation is going away. For exactly the same reason, which benefit exactly the same people, which ain't any of us.

Too Big To Fail/Trickle Up Economics. It's here to stay. And it likes Obamacare.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2017 05:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, more or less like the rest of us? Personally, I was never motivated by money, otherwise I'd have a lot more of it than I do.

I'm not sure you can boil down all reasons and common purpose to the pursuit of wealth. Some people, including politicians, I suppose, have principles and honor. Take Chuck Schumer....please! That cocksucker scores second place to the Clintons, but it's a close call. He seems to have forgotten that the Dems lost the election? Keeps telling Trump who he should hire and who he should fire, lots of unrequested advice, more like demands?

There's a man who scored 1600 on his SAT and don't know squat! What a pity!

But, Liberals collectively are virtually brain dead. There is so much wrong with their thinking that they can't be considered sane. So much corrupted conclusions, it's unbelievable. Everything, favoring muslim immigrants and illegal wetbacks and supporting them financially over our home grown homeless and unfortunate veterans, and supporting them and up to four wives, indefinitely. They don't see something wrong with policies like that?

So, I'd like to give some credit to some Republicans. Democrats are crazy, none of their policies make any sense whatsoever. We have to have hope in some form of leader. Somebody who will champion the middle-class that pays taxes and is the pyramid supporting the welfare people that will never be an asset. Why do they do this? Do they really think that they can take in unlimited immigrants and support them forever? Not them, of course, they mean the abused middle class needs to support their (Liberal) charity. There is so much about what they think, that is friggin' crazy and they don't see it? But, the Media propaganda machine is 100% behind every Liberal proposal and there are so many LOW INFORMATION VOTERS OUT THERE, and they don't question any of it.

Every time I watch Watter's World on FOX, he interviews people on the street and it's amazing how uninformed they are. They don't recognize faces such as Reagan, they don't know how many judges sit on the Supreme Court, they seem clueless but they know everything that the Liberal Media wants them to know. I don't know how we will ever win anything, logic is meaningless these days.

No, I refuse to believe that every politician is totally motivated by money. Some are principled, which leaves out all the Democrats, unfortunately. All I know is, the future seems a little bleak, unless the citizens come to their senses. Right now, a hell of a lot of them are LITERALLY CLUELESS!

end of rant, I need to go kill something?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2017 05:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
I must respectfully disagree with one of your above statements. The part about 'some are principled but that leaves out all democrats.'
They DO have principles..........just wrong ones.
Their principles are pretty much everything you outlined in the above first couple of paragraphs, but they are principles. Dangerous ones to free thinking people. It's a mind-set that would not only endorse feeding the bears in JellyStone but would make it mandatory.
We have a President.........now if we only had a House & Senate.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7583 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2017 08:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
PICKY PICKY

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2017 08:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2017 03:13 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hindsight is 20/20

When ya look back at how this all played out, its glaringly obvious what a sham this was, and who certain elected officials are beholden to...

Happy to see o-lite v 2.0 flunk.

I also agree with Dave. The govt interjection into healthcare is dug in worse than a tick. Special interest lobbys have bought & paid for their representation. Our votes factor as slightly more than diddly squat...

Two words:
TERM LIMITS

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters