The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Uncle Ted pays tribute to Chuck and shreds it !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uncle Ted pays tribute to Chuck and shreds it !
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2017 07:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.facebook.com/tednugent/videos/10154532595247297/

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 19, 2017 10:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he did....and, he knows all the chords, don't he?

I was in high school when Chuck Berry had a million hits. He was one of a kind, for sure. The first time I heard Maybeline, I was in the eighth grade. It was a different life from what a kid knows today. In spite of their iPhones and Internet, I wouldn't trade them straight across for my childhood.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2017 04:30 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Nor would I LB !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2017 08:06 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Badass.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2017 10:59 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess the argument about who is the best guitar player to have played, but my vote for overall, best rock and roll guitar to Uncle Ted!

He is just amazing, and the guitar riff in Great White Buffalo is my all time favorite!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2017 12:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, for ko ko and others that may not be aware, Ted is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS ko ko, Sir. This morning, I have sent you three email that were kicked back. Meanwhile, you sent me one email. Grrr!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2017 02:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea why some of yours are not getting thru. Others come thru with no problem.
Pretty sure it's not my spam filter. It doesn't filter anything.

[Confused]

And yeah, The 'Nuge is a pretty accomplished bowhunter, too.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2017 06:59 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Uncle Ted truly is one of the best guitar players ever and that just proved it.

I watched Uncle Ted and Slash both play the national anthem on their guitars. Slash stuck to the melody while Ted added a lot more color. Preferred Ted's version as it was as patriotic as uncle Ted could be. LOL!

Ted cracks me up!

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 06:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no musical talent. As in none. People that can read music and all that stuff are beyond my comprehension.

Therefore, as a casual listener, sure you can have personal likes and appreciations.

But, what do Nugent's "peers" think of his ability? If accomplished musicians were voting, that would carry a lot more weight than his fellow Yahoo hunters and gun nuts.

So, I'm thinking he would probably score high, with those that know what's going on. He sure looks talented to me, a virtual musical idiot.

And, the Motor City Madman is a definite asset supporting our Second Amendment rights.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS what happened a while back? Ted killed something illegally? True? Honest mistake? A deer? What's it about?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 07:30 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Nugent is highly regarded in professional guitar playing circles.

He did get popped, hunting illegally..a tag/game law misunderstanding?

There are others that have TV shows though, that are just poaching outright just to get footage for TV, Just saw one the other day. Saw a couple last year as well. All these guys going into national parks and shit to shoot animals, out of season no less. Cutting the heads off and leaving the carcasses. Stuff like that.

Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 08:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what you are saying is that he made a mistake or some type of misunderstanding? The type of thing that could happen to anybody, right? But, because he's a celebrity, someone made a big deal out of it? Okay, just embarrassing, whatever it was and it was unintentional, correct?

As far as I'm concerned, he's honest so I wouldn't hold a game law violation against him.

I walked into a geese pasture from the back side, completely ignorant, down in Calipatria. The ranger watched us, we were hunting pheasants. But, we trespassed, failed to recognize and understand what some white stakes meant, looked like engineer stakes, but shorter. He did a technical seizure on our shotguns, meaning that he wrote down the serial numbers and gave them back to us and gave us a court date. I paid a $25 fine rather than appear. So, I guess I have a game law violation on my record if someone wants to go back more than fifty years? Since then, I have managed to keep my nose clean.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 03:54 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've read, there was a bear and a clearly non-vital hit, as seen on the film footage.
Later in the hunt another bear was hit and harvested.
However, the unit he was in considered any hit to be a filled tag. Ergo, the second bear was illegally tagged with an invalid tag, big name rock star / hunter, call out the F.B.I

There was also unproven allegations from Calif. Game Wardens watching Whack-Master videos, thinking that they saw white powder on the ground.
Must be bait, major violation. Get the F.B.I back on the phone !!!!
Included in the accusations was muddy details involving a spike buck. In Calif. a spike buck is an unbranched antler, on one or both sides 6" or more. In some Calif. units a 5" spike could have been legal as an antlerless deer.
I never did hear how it turned out.

I do know this..............
Trying to keep up with all of the laws is a huge pain !!! I can be driving west on I-10 in Arizona and am a law abiding citizen.
Cross the Colorado River and I'm committing felonies at the worst and misdemeanors by the truck-load.
Nugent freely admitted that ignorance of the law is no excuse in the bear incident and took his lumps.

Edit 4 speling

[ March 27, 2017, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 06:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure anymore, since I haven't hunted mule deer in Kalifornia in at least 20 years. The reason was that they screwed up my favorite area and made it draw only. And, split it into three sub sections. Bye Bye.

So, I don't know if I have this right, but usually, generally the bag was/used to be; fork horn or better, no spikes. If they have changed it, I'm not interested enough to look it up, since I also don't buy a license in this state anymore.

Besides, anti hunters have infiltrated the state game commission.

Besides, they have outlawed the whole state for lead bullets and I assume that includes 22 rimfires?

I won't spend my money here anymore. I'd rather get screwed as a non resident in some other more enlightened state.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I just finished my repair of the website. Major work over the past three days. So, I had to suspend online registrations. At least for the immediate future? I might have to figure out something different, but what I have now leaves me wide open to mischief. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2017 06:50 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's all pitch in and upgrade this thing?
Mark

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2017 05:52 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Long time, big time Ted fan. Been to a lot of his shows, own most of his albums. Think he's an incredible guitarist.

Thinking about it though, I don't think he makes my top five, purely as a guitarist. But, I know nothing, can't play a lick. And I'm biased towards more bluesy players like Haynes, Bonamassa, Beck, SRV, Jimi, Moore, BB etc.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2017 06:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Appreciate the offer, Lone Howl. I need to renew the domain in less than 30 days, but it's my obligation. Actually, I'm going to check the control panel right now and see if I was able to block all the unwanted clutter so wish me luck.

All I can say, as far as playing an instrument, it's like magic, what they do, I'll never understand it. My son wanted to learn the guitar and Nanc signed him up at a school that I suspect was a front for selling accordions. The "teacher" had several classes and some loaner accordions, and he believed that if son wanted to learn the guitar, he first needed to learn the basics of the accordion. That may be debatable, but that was the theory; the story we got?

Anyway, Lenny must have inherited my total lack of musical talent? I had to work, but Nanc took him to the big concert, there were about 30 kids, most playing brand new accordions and a few that still had the loaners. She said it was so embarrassing. All the kids, except one managed to follow along with the melody and there was no doubt as to where the discord was coming from, she wanted to crawl somewhere and hide.

As I was not interested in buying an instrument that would surely improve my son's ability? the instructor gifted him a cheap guitar to play with, just to get him out of the class....and that was all he wanted anyway. I think it was stacked in the closet for years afterwards, but at least he scratched that off his bucket list early on.

Musical talent, some got it and some don't. I don't and neither does my son. The only difference, I'm self admitted and everybody in the community knew junior didn't because he proved it before costing me $600.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Dave, it's my understanding that to truly appreciate Hendricks, etc. you need to get with the program and at least the first joint. I have a granddaughter who went off to college last year and came home, now working in a Peets' coffee shop, with a serious weed habit, and a Liberal attitude. Higher education.

[ March 29, 2017, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Grizz
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2017 12:34 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn! I's can play a little but I'd give my left nut to be able to shred like that. Grizz

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters