The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Suspect heads will roll (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Suspect heads will roll
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2017 04:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he's coming for ya....

quote:
Mr. Administrator

Regarding public lands, a hounds man or a bird hunter has as much right to free cast and hunt with their dogs as anybody, kid, guy or govt trapper has rights to set traps.

I speak for 1,000's of other hunting dog owners that will, if pushed into a corner, fight tooth and nail with the trapper. Catch one of our dogs, mangle or kill it because they left a destructive device sit alone with no guidance willing to kill any thing that stepped into it, and the trapper, regardless of kid or paid assassin, will have a severe ass kicking coming there way. Kids, we'll give them a pass and go find their daddies and smak them around. Adult perps, you're going down mother fucker. Spread the word to your members and advise them to watch out

govt predator control, WHAT A WASTE OF FUCKING TAXPAYER DOLLARS.

over and OUT

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2017 07:23 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Darrel: "Catch one of our dogs, mangle or kill it because they left a destructive device sit alone with no guidance willing to kill any thing that stepped into it...."

Foothold traps do not kill what steps into them you moron.

The foothold traps that I and most trappers use will not harm any dog that is caught in them. The traps I use have laminated thick jaws and they will do nothing more than hold your dog until you let them out. I have caught my own dogs repeatedly. These traps have passed International BMP standards for humaneness.

The only thing you need to know is to hold your dogs jaws shut in the process so he doesn't bite your dumb ass while you step down on the levers to release him.

Second, if your dog has ever been tied up, he shouldn't fight a snare. If your worried about it, get a snare and train your dog not to pull on it instead of making threats about what you are going to do to someone who kills your dog in a snare because your too much of an idiot to prevent it.

M-44s set for livestock protection will not be set without gates being clearly marked. You find an M-44 set without gates being clearly marked, then you have a legitimate complaint and a serious violation of the law. A well marked gate means, on some rare occasion, you might have to drive a little further down the road. HOW INCONVENIENT!!!

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT and quit listening to anti trapping PETA propaganda bullshit. PETA and HSUS are nothing more than money making scandals that prey on people's emotions. If you had one active brain cell you would know that.

Quit spreading lies about traps and trappers.

You are absolutely right that you have as much right to be on public land as any trapper. NO MORE, NO LESS!

You start threatening the life of a trapper, you better damn sure bring your A game. Survival is second nature to most trappers and every trapper I know is packing.

Having fun Leonard??

~SH~

[ March 30, 2017, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 02:56 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I love it. Like I said .The brush is no place to be playing stupid games.You might not like the results.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 04:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning, All.

Well, this dink won't quit and this time he wants to join Huntmasters so he can straighten us out on a few issues.

I see no value? I knew a man once that talked just like he does. In fact, I sold him my old 270. Don't know why he wanted it, he was neither a hunter or shooter. What he was, is a murderer. I heard later that he killed somebody in a little dive bar in Vernon and last I heard, he was in prison. Same kind of equate his pet animals and anger and an unrealistic concept of his abilities.

It's already a Mexican Standoff. He 's not going to convince anybody and we aren't going to convert him either. But, no. He won't be allowed to join and this is his last contribution you will see because it's getting old.

quote:
Dear Sir,

Why don't you just accept my application to join your site so that I can go face to face with your minions?
The next so called welfare govt trapper that tries to tell me that you can "Brake" a dog from entering a conibear or snare, avoid legholds and M44's and I'll have the pleasure of calling BS on them.
Trappers are the sneaky, slithery sort. That's why the poke around setting traps here n there instead of pursuing game fair chase. none of them scare me and they best pull their traps and call it a day

I love shooting traps, busting springs with rocks and snipping snare cable. Booya!

586976_589

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 08:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So...............by his 'logic' since he doesn't agree with trapping it's ok for him to destroy other people's property and by the same token, it should be ok for me to pop the wheel weights off of vehicles with PETA bumper stickers ???

He's a punk that has a lot of growing up to do.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 08:53 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO, here's who Leonard's email troll really is:
 -

LINKY

He works for the LA Times:
LINKY

Any Wyoming guys familiar with Heart Mountain?

Well, looks like Mr. Darrell happens to be on the Board of Directors:
LINKY

So...THAT is the guy who's talking tough LMAO!!!

you just can't make this shit up!!!

[ March 31, 2017, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 09:23 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
A Fucking badass...no doubt.

[ March 31, 2017, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 09:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder? He shows up the same day I stop online registrations. Maybe he is responsible for a thousand bogus membership applications?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 11:53 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit Fred, you stole my thunder......I would have used the hippie pic anyway

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 05:12 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't be serious? It's CRINT EASTREAD!

CRICK, CROSE A RID ON TOIRET!!!

~SH~

[ March 31, 2017, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 05:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that's BAD, Scott! You FLUKIN ALMELICAN PLICK !

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2017 07:06 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Reonard, he rooks arot rike bruce ree?

Maybe Sirvester Starrone?

Good thing for me he not rook rike Brock Resner!!

Prorry make me shover own grave in desert.

~SH~

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 05:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Now he's going to think we have something against Asians, other than that little Pearl Harbor episode and got their ass kicked and now we haven't heard a peep since, until this tough guy showed up. You'd think they learned?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 06:25 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing against Asians, just him, his intolerance for trappers, and tough guy cover.

~SH~

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 09:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with that. I'm actually pretty positive about asians in general. They are smart and have a strong work ethic, and respect their elders. They seldom apply for free stuff like food stamps and are generally college educated. They have a small representation in prison population, too. Not crazy about the food, though, and what's with serving the food in a lacquered box? Most of the Nisei couldn't use chopsticks if you held a gun to their head. Then, there's the persistent rumor about little dicks....

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: (just trying to smoke him out)

[ April 01, 2017, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 10:14 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Cal and SH for your comments. I struggled to understand how if the kid set the device off how the dog ended up dead.

A sad deal that could have been prevented with a little communication, and I don't place all the blame on the trapper either. Growing up with a neighbor that runs 2500 ewes you know that it isn't a good idea to let your dog get familiar with the sheep pasture if the sheep are there or not. The dog will get loose at some point. Once you step off your own property unmarked hazards exist. This one should have been, and part of me thinks that it was the sign that drew the attention of the young man.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 10:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's an interesting idea. The sign aroused his curiosity, so he went looking for it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 01:15 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Confession time I guess. The only reason that I know that there are more than the sign on the gate is because I saw a sign from a distance and I went to see what it was. I would assume others could be drawn to it the same way I was.
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 01:51 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Leonard. I too have a lot of respect for most Asians for many reasons of which the most is their general professionalism and respect for others. That is exactly why this was such a huge surprise. As far as making fun of the way many of them talk, I am German and anyone who can write the chermin accent makes me laugh like Steve Allen used to. As anyone can see, Darrel was an arrogant ass and deserves no respect. No apologies.

Bryan,

You are correct that many of us have argued that the signs placed at the M-44 actually invites problems that would not otherwise occur. It also invites sabotage from the Darrels of the world. By the time anyone reads it, their dog is already dead. The gate signs on all entrances are the priority.

I had this happen to me in the case where the neighbor crossed the neighbor with his horse and dog and the landowner did not inform him about the M-44s and he had not seen the gate sign on the other end of the pasture. He lived just over the hill but his house was hidden from view by a hill. I had no idea he lived that close. In hind sight I should have handled it differently with an apology even though I did everything correctly. I should have been more understanding for the loss of his pet instead of being defensive about being perfectly legal. It was a bad deal that still bothers me.

Only way to prevent that from happening again was to start telling the landowners to contact any of their neighbors with a dog that might be on their property or by calling the neighbors myself. Certainly don't want to kill a neighbors dog by accident even if they are trespassing unless it is a problem dog that the livestock producer wants to get rid of. In that case, it becomes an issue for the local Sherriff, not us.

All of us try to mark every possible entry gate with a road or trail that could be used. Most ADC men don't like to use M-44s unless we feel the adverse risks are low and then usually only from Feb. - April. Although you can use them year round, they are most effective in those months.

Here is something that happened to me once. I was investigated by the WY Department of Ag for trying to go the extra mile regarding safety. I was working a piece of ground where there was no fence that separated private land from public land. The access gates were marked on both ends of the ranch leading into private property but there was also the rare possibility of someone taking an ATV or UTV across the public land down a two track trail into the private land. I placed an M-44 sign on the access gate into public land LEADING TO THE PRIVATE LAND. I forgot about that sign after I pulled the M-44s and my other gate signs and someone reported me for setting M-44s on Forest Service land. I was investigated. The investigation didn't set very well with me because I was trying to avoid problems with anyone who trespassed onto the private land which was not marked. Technically, one of the 26 use restrictions requires you to mark all entry gates which this was. I also see how it implies that the M-44s were set on public ground without authorization.

My defensive response was, "ok, I will mark the private land and if someone trespasses onto the private land from FS land because it is not marked and their dog gets killed, Oh well, you didn't want a sign on the FS gate so the blood is on your hands".

Of course I would get the hammer regardless so cooler heads prevailed and the consensus was to put a gate sign along the two track trail leading from the public land to the private land. This meant driving a steel post in rocky hard frozen ground and attaching a sign for the trespassers. I opted not to set there again because it wasn't a very effective spot anyone and I was picking the coyotes up readily in snares.

The "presumption of guilt" attitude of the investigation really pissed me off.

~SH~

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2017 02:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, good post and it sort of demonstrates a completely different attitude of the Wildlife Services agent, compared with our little friend's accusations. You know, I'm not a fan of these M44's myself. But, these land owners pay for support and some of them are scorched earth about any coyotes on their property. Some aren't. I've personally run into ranchers that wanted coyotes for keeping the smaller critters under control, so it takes all kinds.

One thing seems clear. The incident that started this whole thread involved "mistakes" and instead of being a watertight situation, there may indeed, have been some negligence. Look, it's a bad deal and nobody defends what happened. I love dogs and understand losing a pet, especially under such freaky circumstances.

90% of the members here are sport hunters and aren't particularly crazy about "animal control" by the professionals, other than acknowledging that it's necessary in a lot of cases. Especially since they concentrate on seriously problem animals with which we amateurs wouldn't know where to begin.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2017 11:05 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Wiley, I'm sure the guy in Idaho is going through a similar investigation, and feels as bad or worse about the incident. From my conversations with the old man of the operation next door, who would like to see M-44's year round, our local trapper's use seems to mirror what you have shared. What would have happened if this were a foothold, or snare? (assuming media coverage)

From my "presumption of innocence" point of view. I don't know that all the communication responsibility is on the trapper. If the parents or young man would have talked to the producer in an "Is it alright if...." tone the producer would have been aware of the need to inform. I just see too many people moving out to the sticks from the city with the attitude if it doesn't have a home with a well manicured lawn it is a just a field, just a pasture, or a playground.

I guess this unfortunate incident is just another example of how far behind agriculture is in educating the public about what we do, and why we do it. If it is predator control, GMO's, ect...

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2017 07:09 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/idaho/us-temporarily-bans-use-of-cyanide-predator-traps-in-idaho/430248816
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters