The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I heard... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I heard...
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2017 08:50 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
...that DAA got a new shotty.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2017 05:30 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
True! New M2 sitting here. Took the SpeedBead off my 870 and put it on the Benelli. Have a mag extension to install. Got a few chokes besides the five it came with to test loads.

Going to have fun sorting it out, and will have it done well ahead of calling season.

It feels so much better in my hands, shoulders faster, points more natural, all that stuff just seems to be a lot nicer than my 870 Express is. People say the Benellis kick pretty bad, and I don't doubt it, but it can't be as bas as that 870. The inertia system has to soak up a little bit of it at least. I'll find out for myself tomorrow I reckon.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted March 10, 2017 08:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I AM SO JEALOUS !

Since when do we He Men worry about recoil? They tell me that when firing on game, you don't notice it?

The surprising part about the above post is about the fit and feel of the new gun? Here's a man that has been using a 870 since forever and suddenly, a brand new never fired shotgun feels so much better than the one he has fired in numerous times? That's kinda hard to believe? But, ok.

Everybody raves about the Benelli, but as poor man, I have to make due with my trusty 835.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31304 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2017 10:59 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit I was secretly saving up for a Benelli and a couple other goodies...squirreling away all my call makin' dough etc....then these multiple storms hit us here in Kali recently and all of a sudden I got 3 grand worth of roof damage...guess where all that cash is going?
Mark

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2017 01:29 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
That stinks. Sure know the feeling too. First run at saving for mine went the same way when Jeep caught fire.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 05:48 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought one from Clint for my nephew a while back and now my nephew takes a job on a naval supply ship and leaves it with who , me, lucky fuk ! Its fun, don't shoot 3 1/2 S and the recoil ain't bad at all

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 06:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is it Paul? Seems like Clint has an M4, right? I know he got it for a good price, too. No doubt, it's the ultimate. All the rest are third rate in comparison. Including my 835, I guess?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 10:35 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah the Benelli is a little spendy but well worth it. I was like Dave I used a 870 Wingmaster for many many years and It killed coyotes very well. But I enjoy shooting the M2 Benelli more. It shoots as fast as I can pull the trigger and absolutely no problems mechanically. Period

And it seems to me my 870 kicked more than my M2

[ March 11, 2017, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1553 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 11:01 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard we were both wrong it's a M-1 Super 90 haven't seen or touched it in a while just pull it out to look. Still a very nice gun

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 01:33 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the 870 kicks a bit harder too. With my coyote loads the M2 still for damn sure kicks but it definitely seemed softer and way faster for me getting back on target.

It ate everything i fed it without a hiccup from 1-1/8 to 1-7/8.

I like this shotgun [Smile] .

- DAA

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 02:07 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you like the Magazine extension?
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 02:18 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
So far, I like it. I think I went a tad overboard, it holds 8+1, 3" shells.

Will have to do some real shooting/hunting with it. Will give it all next season. So far, one day, just a little shooting, it sure isn't bothering me except how it looks. I still love the way the shotgun handles.

It's a bit much too look at though.

-

- DAA

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 02:36 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure is a good looking gun
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 03:43 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's nice Dave real nice !

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 04:20 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Badass! Do you mean the camo? You know....you have time to send it off and have it hydro dipped in some other pattern? Saw one the other day that had skulls all over it..awsome : )
Mark
Edit...a lowly Mossberg 930 below

Skulls

[ March 11, 2017, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 04:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not understanding, Dave. You have mentioned twice a reference to the look of the gun? Do you truly feel it is ugly, or what else do you mean? As far as I can see, it looks a lot like a bunch of different, yet similar shotguns, no more or less ugly or pretty than all the rest?

One minor criticism, if I may? I'd have no use for that magazine extension, whatsoever. Or is that the issue? Anyway, nine shots on a coyote stand is wishful thinking. I needed 4 a couple times, but nah.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 05:16 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only the mag extension that I think looks kinda goofy. I think the rest of it is gorgeous.

Do think I might have liked a shorter extension more. But I'm going to run that one for a full season. See what I think in a year.

Nine shots on a stand, I'm definitely a wishing! Call me an optimist, but it could happen [Big Grin] . But seven would be plenty, and that's what I kinda thought I was getting. Didn't quite understand the naming of the extensions. Thought +6 meant 1 in the chamber +6 in the magazine. It meant +6 more in the magazine, in addition to the 2 it held already.

Oh well... Looks are the only issue I have with it at this point and it's a very minor thing. It might even grow on me [Big Grin] .

- DAA

--------------------

243aaron
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4786

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 09:50 PM      Profile for 243aaron           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like an awesome setup! I also switched from an 870 to a benelli (vinci) and absolutely love it. I've never really noticed the recoil. Just got the mag tube put on yesterday and am anxious to try it out on some spring snow geese.
Posts: 17 | From: ND | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2017 12:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We need a separate forum for proud Benellists. Taking nominations for Head MF Guru in charge.
I'm so jealous! They cost more than my first Datsun.

Good hunting. El Bee (just kidding)

PS question: It can't be that hard, why doesn't someone else make one?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2017 03:58 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The one I have is very confusing on one side it says Heckler and Koch and Benelli
on the other. is this built by HK and labeled by Benelli?

--------------------

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2017 07:37 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Built by benelli, imported by HK....I nominate Vic to head up 'ground sluce(sp)' club/forum

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted March 13, 2017 06:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie, that is an inspired nomination. I SECOND !

edit: oh, and Paul. I'm pretty sure we are talking about two different Benelli's. I got a half decent look at Clint's gun, and I would bet money it was an M4 with pistol grip and open sights. On one stand in particular, I was on his right and slightly behind him when a coyote busted out from his left and I had a front row seat. Then, there was the gray fox I busted that was only ten feet behind him in the creek bed. Whatever else he has, or had, that particular day, it was no Heckler and Koch M1. You could ask?

[ March 13, 2017, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2017 11:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I think you are right it looks for all the world like a 1 but must be a convoluted 4 went on google the super 90 is an m4 pistol grip and all. I even used a magnifier and its a 1 the hat on the one is a little long but no cross leg coming back. if you can picture that. I'm going to give it a spin , gotta be better than my super nova and it's killed a shit load.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2017 03:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be the first to admit being just a little confused by such a simple thing like Model number and that's as simple as you can get, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 & 6 etc. and all black guns, of course.

The main thing I noticed was open rifle sights and a pistol grip, a rather short barrel, the magazine is about the same length, and (of course) black. Whatever, that's the $1700/$1800 Model I was thinking of. And, maybe it functions exactly the same, but Dave's shotgun doesn't look anything like the one that Clint was toting...which looks more like a riot gun, to me?

Whatever. But this "recoil" operated action is complete retro, left in the dust by gas guns for (what)? Fifty years or so? Now, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread? And, only Benelli knows how to manufacture?

Which brings me to my several times ignored question. I used to have a Remington Model 11-47(correction, 11-48) and can anybody tell me where it differs from this new thing, this cat's ass; that Benelli has recently invented? I would be grateful to hear about it.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ March 13, 2017, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2017 04:00 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
The M4 is gas operated.

- DSA

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters