The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » New respect for you ol' farts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New respect for you ol' farts
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2017 05:51 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently undertaken the unenviable task of trying - yes, trying - to get some sort of benefits for my son to help him with his disability from his traumatic brain injury ten years ago. It has all but scuttled his entire life for the past decade and now, after being a good Conservative and refusing to accept gubmint assistance and then realizing that I've spent over $30k the past four years to cover services and such for him, his mom and his sister, all of whom are legally disabled at this point, I decided I needed some help or we are going to have to give up the house just to pay the bills.

What we have endured for the past two years, and more so the past four months, can only be described as a total cluster fuck. Government incompetency, one agency interfering with every other, people losing applications, suddenly remembering that you need to apply for this or that but not being able to explain why... FUCK!!!

At one point, I had to enlist the help of my state rep. Known him for 35 years. Retired Sgt Major and retired District Court Judge. Been in the Kansas legislature for two years and has been kicked off most of the committees he was assigned to because he doesn't play the bullshit games they want him to play. He rattled some cages and got things moving. Now, I'm juggling three different state agencies, Social Security Admin, and the courts, just to get a fucking medical card so he can go to his counselor and pay for the meds he needs to function from day to day.

I told him today that this process is like knitting a sweater. While you're knitting feverishly and thinking you're getting somewhere, you have three little cocksuckers pulling on the yarn at the bottom and unraveling everything you've done.

Told my MIL today that I don't know how old people survive this shit. I'm on the verge of stroking out from how pissed I'm getting. She agreed that they either try to kill you or wait for you to die so they don't have to give you any money.

People must gain a lot of patience at some point after 52 years, and I ain't there yet.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2017 03:57 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog,
I feel for you and your family. Went through that with my late wife.She finally died and never did get what she was entitled to get. Except 10 years of run around,even with a lawyer after 5 years.
Got a good friend in Nevada that has MS and unable to work and a veteran and he has a lawyer now after 3 years and almost losing his home. Still trying but still nothing. Also have a friend who is a veteran that fights the VA constantly to get the help he needs after they got him hooked on oxycotton or whatever that nasty drug is. Just seems you can't win for losing. And the worst part is you are only one sad tale of many. And why?

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2017 07:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know two people that take Oxycodone 10/325 six times a day, for pain. I have a Rx for it, but only take 1/2 a pill at a time for "breakout pain" so it lasts me three months. What I don't understand is why more people with severe chronic pain don't take the morphine sulfate? All I can say is, it works for me.

As far as government bureaucracy, that's a fact of life and doubt there is any way to control or eliminate it. That sounds fatalistic but you go ahead and solve it, I'll wait.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2017 03:28 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Good God CDog, I sure hope you catch a break. Your are freaking drowning in bad luck.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 05:42 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about all the bullshit. I thought I would run into it too after my cancer surgeries.
I went to the S.S. website to apply with no success made a phone call to our local office spoke to one person that gave a shit and viola she said I'm sending you some papers to sign and return and you are all done. next month my social security went up a couple hundred bucks. I think I just got lucky I've heard stories of it taking years and lawyers. Good luck my friend hope all goes better for you.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2017 06:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
NOT TO MINIMIZE THE thrust of this thread. But, in some ways, the same crap has been dogging me since new years. It involves Time Warner, Spectrum, Frontier Communications, HughesNet, and Southern California Telephone Company.

It is such a clusterfuck that I could choke somebody. The main culprit is Frontier. I have never seen such an across the board incompetence, verging on deliberate roadblocks. Two hours yesterday, and a promise to call me back, with revising my bill of $460 and of course, that didn't happen so I need to jingle them, which even the thought causes my blood pressure to rise to dangerous levels.

I will spare you folks the details but I tried to cancel this service after one week in mid January. Mysterious blockages and they have, (twenty phone conversations) the nerve to ask me when such and such took place; (they don't keep records?) oh, and what was my account number again?

I'm one idle, incompetent word from murderous rage!

Actually, I have not had negative contact with Social Security, they seem to do what they say they will do. Of course, again this year, I didn't get a cost of living adjustment because gasoline (for my commute to work?) is cheaper? And Paul gets hundreds more? Well, good for him, but it seems my ss direct deposit hasn't changed in 3 or 4 years?

End of rant

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2017 05:49 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had some good advice for you Cdog but I don't. These things are tough enough to deal with without the financial issues. All I can say is, don't give up. Where there is a will there is usually a way, eventually.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2017 06:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
There comes a time when it's just worth the coin to turn the whole mess over to the attorneys.
It sounds like you're there now.
Stay strong & best of luck.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2017 06:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a small conversation with a man that is obligated for far more than is Lance. His way out of the completely insurmountable medical bills is to send a token, (but for him) significant amount every month. He will never pay it off and will die in debt, but is within his legal obligation, as I understand it?

At least, the previous advice about consulting an attorney just might offer some needed relief if you inquire about this type of solution? You might not get that Platinum card anymore and your FICA score will suffer but BFD.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2017 03:29 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
It is what it is. We have been using a non-attorney representative that spent a lifetime working for SS. He has been very successful with a litany of folks we know who have used him for help, despite being 90 miles away. Even he is stumped. I drew upon my writing skills when my wife's application for SS SSDI was denied by a judge this past week and just submitted a 9-page rebuttal. Three "drs" were allowed to offer assessments of my wife's abilities to work, none of which we have ever met, while the judge categorically dismissed personal letters from two doctors that have treated her for several years and who say she cannot. Other doctors we have used in the past use terms like "her pain has reduced by 95% with treatment". Exactly how does one quantify accurately someone else's level of suffering? If I was asked to approximate LB's pain levels, about all I could offer is, "He hurts like a mother fucker all the time." Who can argue that?

Oh, I'm up to four state agencies and the SSA with our son. Still stuck in the mud.

I can honestly say that I am so happy for all the Incident Command training I received and used in EMS and the fire service. Without it, I'd be dead from having to juggle three different flaming chainsaws at a time. You know it's bad when you can honestly declare that the post office runs seamlessly compared to the other government agencies you deal with after clocking out for the day.

[ March 19, 2017, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters