The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Cops (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cops
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2017 06:03 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Look at Robin Williams. Absolutely one of the most brilliant minds ever but suffered from deep depression due to schizophrenia and eventually couldn't handle it anymore.

We can't relate because we are not experiencing a mental anxiety that becomes unbearable.

Everything you should do to be happy in life Robin did. He entertained the troops, he had St. Judes Children's hospital patients in his movie Patch Adams, he entertained the homeless. He suffered greatly if he felt anyone didn't like him.

Most of us cannot understand how these minds work but I can assure you that, in many cases, it is different than you and I.

Good point on the meds. It is as obvious as the TV adds stating that a side affect of certain meds for depression is suicidal tendencies. We don't know squat about mental health issues.

Just heads up! It could be happening to someone close to you. It can be as emotionally draining for those trying to help as well as for those being helped.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2017 06:08 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
booger,

My hats off to you for doing what needed to be done. I can't imagine how much more difficult their lives would have been if you hadn't assumed such a huge responsibility. May God bless you in many ways.

~SH~

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2017 07:41 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Tim. What, Wiley said ^^

On a side note: My daughter works as a teachers aid @ a local HS. A mass email was sent in regards to my previous post. His kids are students where she works. Teachers/aids whatever. Are on alert.

I know its a small town/area & all. We've seen a significant suicide rate lately.

We all go thru our shit. Pretty damn sad..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2017 03:29 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
My buddy's ex=employee committed suicide. The wake is today. What is going on as of late?

Booger....you are to be commended for what you are doing for your family.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2017 06:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Booger you have just replaced William Wallace as my hero!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2017 07:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever Robin Williams talent, and it was considerable, I always thought he was one weird dude. I mean, a Mork and Mindi, totally believable as a space alien.

I can't explain it but that guy always bothered me. Yeah, totally makes sense that he could hang himself most prominently with his belt. I mean, why not jump off the Golden Gate? He lived in Tiburon. But from what I have heard, the whole scene when someone hangs themselves is quite a mental picture for the wifie to live with, forever. So, it's deliberate. Go figure.

The people that do these things are crazy. Clinically, severe mental illness. Myself, I cannot forgive.

I used to work with a guy, he was a technician and could fix anything, superb mechanical skills. A bunch of friends went on a deer hunt in the border area close to Las Vegas. This guy, I saw him a couple times, just wandering around, looking lost. Hands in his pockets, rifle slung but he looked like he was waiting for a bus. I observed this through binoculars. He did not look like he was doing much in the way of deer hunting. I don't believe he owned another firearm besides the M700 in 243, which was brand new, bought just for this hunt that involved about a dozen people that worked for the company. He really was a fish out of water, but other than that, thought not much about it.

It was about five years later when I got a phone call. Bill was having trouble with his marriage. I had met her a couple times, she seemed like a hot little philly, kind of a mismatch.

So, he bought a quart of vodka, rented a room out by Devore and drank the whole thing. Then, he carefully, (for him, guaranteed, so as not to make a mess) wrapped a bath towel around his head then stuck the barrel of his 243 under his chin and pulled the trigger. He still had most of that box of Remington's from years ago.

I wonder about his wife, I wonder about his two kids and his brother, who was my friend. A complete clusterfuck, but not something he needed to deal with any more. Nope, "hey I'm outta here, see ya on the other side." No problem. No problem for him, but what about the whole family. I knew all of them, and they didn't take it well. Putting it mildly.

I think the asshole had at least a dozen solutions available to him, but the one he picked affected EVERBODY. Anyway. Whatever.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31491 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2017 04:40 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Robin Williams was a raging coke head, back in his hey-day. If you've ever been around anyone who's done that shit to any degree, you'd know that it fuckin' fries a brain like bacon strips. Fries is 'extra cripsy' so that it crumbles when ya pick it up...

That said, FUCK Robin Williams for killing himself. He didn't have a 'mental illness', he fucking gave it to himself, via his own willful consumption of narcotics.

PERIOD.

Not sayin' that mental illness is not a very real, very sad situation for people to deal with. But I am sayin' that willful recreational drug addicts do not qualify.

As 49 has mentioned in the past:
"play stupid games, win stupid prizes".
Robin Williams just won his own showcase showdown...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2017 05:58 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

The boys were 17, 16, 12, and 9 when we got them. Lots of issues, ADD, OCD, and every other alphabetic disorder on top of having two of them witness their mother die, and him shooting himself.

I believe things happen for a reason, and my wife and I being there at that point in time, with no children of our own, was God's way of making sure they were all kept together.

Looking back, I wish I could say I would do it all again, but I am not sure. We learned a lot by going through this, the least of which was that not always is your immediate family your best friends in something like this.

I had a classmate take his own life after his girlfriend left him...he was in his 30's when this happened.

My best friend said it best about these things...'When life kicks you in the ass, you have to be strong enough to kick back'...

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2017 02:42 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy that killed himself last week at work stuck a Winchester model 94 in his mouth and pilled the trigger. As you can imagine it wan't pretty.

I can't fathom what would possess someone to do such a thing.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2017 05:52 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I can see both sides of this subject. I found a family member after he checked out. He had terminal cancer and couldn't even drink a glass of water without pain, food was out of the question. I used to feed him Ensure with his Morphine thru a tube that went to his stomach. He was a good Catholic too, LB. I can still imagine him saying a prayer before pulling the trigger. I guess I am just not so quick to judge on this issue. I know several people who I worked with years ago that lost their jobs, couldn't make bills I guess, and they checked out too. Either way it is a terribly sad thing for sure.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2017 06:32 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Knockemdown,

Thanks for setting me straight on Robin Williams. LOL!

~SH~

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2017 07:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, he set me straight, too. But, when you think about it, just the way Robin Williams acted, he wasn't normal, so I should have guessed that drugs were responsible. And, sure, the guy was brilliant, the way he would respond to things that were said, instantaneously. That mind of his had to be on speed of some kind. He was no doubt, one of the oddest people ever. But the stunt with the belt, he had to plan it and had to know who he would be shocking with the visual that would stay with whoever it was, for the rest of their life. A brilliant (sick) mind. I have no respect. I believe he did it to hurt someone. Shit, who knows?

On the other hand, in the case of Dan's friend and family member. I have to give the man a pass. That's something far different than a cop, out of the blue blowing his head off. This guy had an indisputable reason for doing what he did, Catholic or not. For me, it's not within the realm of possibilities, but I haven't suffered like that so? It's just a miserable, Taboo subject.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2017 06:04 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
I was being sarcastic Leonard. Nobody is giving Robin a pass on his admitted drug use.

Knockemdown believes Robin's hard drug use created Robin's problems.

I believe, as did the physicians that treated Robin, his mental illness (depression and bi-polar issues) allowed the hard drugs he took to worsen his condition. Lots of people with mental problems turn to drugs to try to reduce their pain. It's so easy to sit in judgement unless you have gone through it yourself.

Obvious to anyone is his mind didn't work like a normal persons. That had nothing to do with hard drugs unless he started that at a very young age. Read the documentaries on him by those who knew him most of his life.

~SH~

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2017 05:05 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If that is an accurate assessment of Robin Williams, that's all the more reason to NOT use him as an example of 'mental illness'...

Look at it this way. Here you have a person with all the wealth & resources in the world availed them.
Literally.
Yet, despite all the fame, the love & attention from fans, the wealth & other associated Life comforts allowed from stardom, poor ol' Robin succumbed to "mental illness"???

BULL FUCKING SHIT

He was a friggin' drug addict. And a very funny one, at that!

But, his suicide? What 'message' does that tell to those who truly suffer from a form of 'mental illness'? Man, that label gets thrown around like its the common cold. Especially when it fits a narrative that some choose to believe, over accepting a harsh & horrible reality.
Anyway, it sends a message that NOTHING could help Robin Williams, despite all he had, and all who 'loved' him???

Boy, that perspective sure puts average depressed Joe in a tougher hole to try to climb out of. He might not have a fraction of the resources, might come from a broken family, might have no job, etc. How is THAT person supposed to look at a fuckwad like Robin Williams as someone to identify with??? Just think about that for a sec...

Yeah, maybe Robin Williams was warped a bit from the git-go. But, aren't all comedians 'blessed' in a certain special way??? Of course they are, that is what makes them so funny & endearing! Just sayin', there ain't no damn way I'll be swayed on the fact that recreational drug use was a MAJOR factor in creating the man that eventually pussed out and off'ed himself. Sorry, NO SYMPATHY for that...

And that goes for other of the hollywood/pop stars who "died before their time" due to drug use. IMHO, willfully self ingesting recreational drugs IS SUICIDE, by proxy.
Therefore, people like Belushi, Farley, Hendrix, Joplin, Prince, yadda yadda... whether they purposely set out to shut their own lights off, or not...makes no difference to me. And I ain't buyin' into that they all were "mentally ill". They were fukkin' drug addicts, PLAIN & SIMPLE.

Sure, I can appreciate & enjoy their achievements, but they damn sure ain't gettin' any sympathy for deliberately choosing the path of drug use that lead to death. That scapegoat don't fly with me. Poor decision making doesn't not = 'mental illness'. Sorry...

As for someone nearing Life's end & choosing to end it on their terms, I got NO problem with that. I'd only hope that there'd be some support mechanism of family/friends around to accept the inevitable and honor a person's last wishes...

[ March 01, 2017, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2017 07:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Fred!

That's a pretty good post. I'm not a drug user or abuser. I tried weed once, years ago. And, I do mean, once. I tried what were called Bennies also, years ago. I talked non stop for 4 hours.

I only drink rarely, maybe with a meal, I like to go with the flow, Dos Equis or Pacifico with my fajitas. Tsing Tau with my Chinese, some kind of red Italian wine with the pasta, etc.

I have a bottle of Maker's Mark, unopened from Nancy's funeral almost eleven years ago. I'm damned near a teetotaler. I also have half of a gallon of moonshine gifted to me quite a few years ago for anybody that is curious, to try/taste it.

But, I agree with the sentiment expressed above. These people with everything can't draw a line in the sand. Maybe it's the Hollywood culture? Although, they bring it with them, it is only cultivated in Hollyweird; like queers, they come from elsewhere, San Francisco didn't make them Gay.

I always thought that Robin Williams was not all there, not normal, and I think I was right, based on subsequent events. One thing that I sort of believe. He was born to a couple, later in life. I believe his parents were about middle aged when he was born, and he might have been an only child, if memory serves? I might be mistaken, but if so, I apologize. But, if so, I think it's pertinent to the question. Children born to that segment are different, start to finish. According to my half baked theory.

Yeah, he was brilliant, but so was the Unabomber. Look it up.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters