The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » For Dave !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Dave !
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2017 04:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/673799426126077/

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2017 06:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They are so damned cute! I want one! Will anybody trade me a sassy cockatoo for one of those goats?

And, those cat's pajamas, Boy Howdy! Wait a sec. Can they be house trained? The scat is like semi compressed marbles so they don't roll under the sofa, right?

What's the skinny, Daddy Dave?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2017 08:12 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats why I had to stop drinking years ago...to many episodes of jumping around aimlessly...drunk...in my pajamas.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2017 09:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That was you, under the blanket on The Hangover II?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2017 01:41 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
When I worked in the slaughter house I saw these get their throats cut by the truck load.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2017 02:35 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Man! Talk about a Debbie Downer!
Mark [Smile]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2017 06:50 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Paul !!

That's exactly how my goats play. They were a bit restricted this year with the heavy snow. So, I would bring them in the ol' milk barn & let 'em raise hell..Lol

They actually were pretty good. Tonight now the snow is getting under control. They raced back & forth many times between the barn & house. Funny as hell !!

Go-Goats [Big Grin]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 07:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
"throats cut"? aught a be a law, they are just too cute!

I remember visiting one of my wife's friends out in Boron. We pulled up out front and noticed there were goats in the trees, like furry Christmas ornaments. They, (trees) were something like cherry or almond, maybe apricot? But, I suspect they are just a memory, now.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS, if there might be a rival candidate for title of MAN'S BEST FRIEND it just might be those pygmy goats? They just seem to like people.

[ February 18, 2017, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 08:17 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I bottled raised a dairy type goat one time. He thought he was a dog. He figured out how to butt the back screen door open. So one day he did it came running through the house hit a kitchen chair up over the dining room table down the other side turned around and repeated it. My mom just about blew a gasket over that from being mad and laughing to much. We lost him to a winter flood of ice and water.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 09:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they're cute even when they are being bad.

My grandson has some kind of little red car that his wife drives and he keeps it in the garage. But, if he is not careful, somebody leaves the garage door open and the goat hops on the hood and the roof and scratches the paint, so he yells and promises to be more vigilant next time. It's hard to get mad at a goat, even when they are stealing the horses' alfalfa. In some ways, they can be very clever, or maybe sneaky is a more accurate word.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 11:45 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If the Devil walks the face of the earth, it's in the form of a goat.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 12:10 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko.. [Eek!]

I honestly don't know maybe it's a type of goat thing ? My neighbor has about 30 boer meat goats. I tool care of 'em over Christmas. Kids cute as hell, took one home for a bit to show the wife.

The mama's & yearlings seemed pretty dumb ?

Our, Pygmy's are pretty cool. Maybe it's like anything if you want a pet & spend the time. It pays off ?

BTW: earthwalker. It was a pleasure to meet you & your husband.

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 12:44 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
same here. wasn't sure if you were green colored and had a smoke stack sticking out of your back. LOL

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 01:00 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

[ February 18, 2017, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2017 02:51 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Man! Talk about a Debbie Downer!
Mark [Smile]

Lol...sorry.

That's how they were slaughtered though.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2017 07:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You should see the Rabi's kosher kill cattle. It takes two of them, one with a knife and the other cuts the throat with a short sword, the steer screams and thrashes around. There is an assistant that tries to collect the blood, and the other guy slices the "forearm" of the animal in some kind of ritual with prayers, etc. It's not pleasant to watch, but they have the best grade of cattle that money can buy. At least it looks like it to me? But what do I know?

But as opposed to using the stun gun that pushes a piston into the brain which knocks them out, it is very unnerving. They don't actually kill them because they want the heart to keep pumping, I guess to get all the blood out?

Yeah, a kill floor is very ....don't know what you would call it? I guess if you were around it every day, you would get used to it?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2017 07:56 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was fun to look at. We all need something relaxing after awhile.
https://weather.com/farming/news/farm-animals-sweaters

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters