The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » interesting video/Native American environmental concerns

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: interesting video/Native American environmental concerns
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2017 01:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This video demonstrates the concern of the Indian protesters over the pipeline controversy.

It squares with everything I have ever seen on any indian reservation. Total lack of environmental awareness, or concern.

We should take the expenses out of their welfare payments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZys_lcEP5o

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 08:02 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Typical of all these social just-us warriors.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 10:25 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of what she says is totally false. I didn't listen to the rest after hearing she is a Canadian.

I lived in Omak, WA for a few years. Omak is not only adjacent to the Colville Indian Reservation but a good part of the town is on the reservation. I was appalled at how those people took care of their resources.

Indians are allowed to hunt deer 9 months out of the year and not only do they get to hunt on their reservation but on all National Forest land as well. One very hot day in late July I drove to the Safeway store in a little strip mall by the main highway. A pickup turned into the parking lot just before me and I saw there were 5 young Indians in the truck and the bed was filled with dead deer. When they made the turn blood came off of the bed in sheets.

Another time I wanted to fish a stream on the far side of the reservation and decided to take what I thought was a shortcut. I was headed out the highway when an older SUV pulled out from a liquor store and got in front of me. I wound up behind that vehicle the entire time I was on the res. Every now and then a bottle would fly out the window breaking on the road in front of me along with other trash. Obviously everyone in that vehicle was drunk. I saw that they were all Indians and they were trashing their own reservation.

I know it's hard to paint everyone with a broad brush and say that these people were typical because I knew several Indians and got along with them quite well. But putting these people into some kind of spiritual or mystical group is BS. What scientists call artifacts some would call trash. If they didn't have papers and plastics how could they pollute?

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 02:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's another interesting thing about the Papago. You know, drive to Casa Grande or three points, or Why, and the roads back towards the interior are littered with beer bottles. They don't buy cans, too expensive. Quart bottles of beer are the cheapest, dollar per ounce of any beer, and instead of 30 cents deposit on cans, they only pay a nickel for the quart bottle, which is tossed as soon as it's empty, no matter where they happen to be.

Lots of times, you will see an indian passed out, sometimes right on the blacktop. It's no wonder Highway 86 has so many shrines with plastic flowers and a cross. There is no doubt that indians cannot hold their liquor, but they keep trying. Of course, it's not everybody, but many indians like to get blackout stoned as much as possible. Tribal police are primarily Navajo's because with the clans, they get accused of not giving breaks to those not of their clan. The Navajo and Apache police don't play that shit so Papago law enforcement winds up working for the Feds, US Customs or DEA where they are dealing with Mexicans, mostly. Except Officer Tracy, a real cutie. Caucasian.
They tell me a photo of my truck is on the bulletin board at the station, don't know if it's true? Not the Titan, my Dodge.

But, on the other hand, if you see a nice brick house, chances are that that tribal member is running drugs across the border; at least that's the gossip? One thing for sure, they are perfectly positioned to do it. They know the roads better than anyone and you will never find highway markers of any kind. If you don't know your way around, nobody will help you, either. Strange, very strange.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 09:10 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Environmentally friendly ?

https://youtu.be/4sdbcXt6m90

Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 11:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He who shall not be named is a sympathizer. A couple emails explaining where I am mistaken about the Noble Redman and his/their collective behavior when it suits their/his purpose. Usually in the form of concepts hard to disprove like, these are Sacred Lands!

But, unless I am mistaken, the objection to the pipeline has nothing to do with Reservation Land at all? The proposed route isn't on reservation land, yet the Corps of Engineers several times redesigned the route to satisfy indian objections. Until they invented new reasons such as they always considered this route to be suddenly very "sacred" to their people.

Never mind that this Sioux tribe, not sure Hunkpapa or Oglala Lakota? But, you would think they grew up there in the Great Plains before the Bering Straight land bridge; the Great Spirit just "beamed them down, Scotty".

All the Sioux were woodland indians 200/300 years ago, quite recent inhabitants of the Dakotas. This is well known history, not because the tribal elders told stories about it, but because white men kept records. They have no ancient and sacred claim to any of that land, they are pounding sand up everybody's ass.

But, like Democrats, they have a great PR department called the News Media. They actually know they are talking shit but they always get away with it, so....

edit: forgot to mention, these indians originated from Minnesota where 39 were hanged in St Cloud for the last uprising. Before this one, I mean. My family is from St Cloud, by the way.

[ February 13, 2017, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters