The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Boy, this is bullshit!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boy, this is bullshit!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted February 10, 2017 01:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's always those that hate baseball, that want to change baseball. I say, keep your hands off of America's sport!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5319006616001/?#sp=show-clips

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2017 05:55 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, saw that and it is a bunch of BS!

They would be taking the great game it is and turning it into the equivalent of a Rec League Slow Pitch softball game.

How are they going to determine who goes to 2nd? Next guy up in the inning? Pinch runner?

Next thing they will want to do is start out extra innings with everyone coming up to bat automatically having a 3-2 count...

[ February 11, 2017, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2017 06:45 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
There always trying to speed the game up.
I can't watch Major League Baseball any more. It's now all about the individual not the team.
When you have to step back out of the batter box and grab your nuts, hit your cleats with your bat, adjusted your hat and batting gloves and then look for the sign it's takes a lot of time.
That's on every pitch that this happens and when you change a pitcher, You would think the world was coming to the end. They will have there pow wow at the mound then call the bullpen, then you have to wait for the relief pitcher to come walking in. When he gets to the mound they have another pow wow then he throws a few balls, have another pow wow slap each other's glove or butt then they might go to playing. That's if the batter stays in the box long enough for a pitch. For me the game gotten to slow and to much look at me, l'm on the field bullshit for me to watch.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2017 07:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Eddie. Perhaps you should not be allowed to watch, or vote on rules because you might be the type that would change the count to no more than two strikes and an equal number of balls, just like we all have.

I really am not capable of explaining the game to you. Suffice to say, every pitch changes the strategy of the game. It's the most mental game since chess.

It's bad enough that we have the bastard game played in the American League. I can't imagine something more stupid than a "designated hitter".

The fact is, changing baseball is ruining The national Pastime.

There are so many reasons for asking for time out when a speck of dust gets in your eye while looking at a hundred mile an hour fast ball. The game is still played with minimal safety gear besides a bump helmut and a shin protector. Then look at all the football injuries in spite of all the protection. Baseball is definitely a contact sport on the base paths.

If you need instant gratification in your sports, check out the 50 free style. It's all over in 20 seconds until another four years.

Just kidding, Dude. Everybody is entitled to an opinion.
(just don't let them vote and fuck up the game)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2017 08:43 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah absolutely stupid rule. If you don't like like the speed of the game watch something else. DON'T change the rules to a game that has been great to watch for over 100 years just to satisfy the new generation of people that have to have everything right now. They have no Patience anymore..... There's really something special about watching a 18 inning game. [Wink]
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2017 10:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you guys know that the umpires are in charge of preparing all the game balls? Over a sink, they rub mud on new balls to take the slippery off.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102804315

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2017 04:46 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
LB....you don't have to explain the game to me, I started play baseball back in the 60s went on to play college ball for two years till it got married. Let's just say I been around a few ball parks. The game isn't what it use to be back in the day. Everyone got there opinion, my is just different than yours. As far as changing the rules I don't agree with it, just like to see it speed up a little.
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 03:24 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I quit watching after the first baseball strike , when the sanctioning body and the players become more important than the game I'm out .
Eddie I know where you are coming from!
Don't watch thug ball either a.k.a. hoops, bout done with NASCAR and don't get me started on the NFL.

[ February 12, 2017, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 03:31 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. hockey is still bitchin !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 06:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thug ball? I had not heard that before but is it ever apropos.

Actually, professional basketball is the first sport I turned off. Then, what we used to call, "steps" does not exist anymore? Seems like you can take what amounts to a damned "triple jump" driving to the basket and when was the last time you saw somebody, anybody called for TRAVELING? And, they all palm the friggin' ball. The main thing is the show, crashin' the boards.

I remember when the "key" was recognizable and Wilt Chamberlin was a hell of a basketball player. Well....so was George Miken, who played for the Minneapolis Lakers, but these guys now-a-days are just showboating.

Whatever, LB

edit: oh, and Eddie. I did not mean to insult your knowledge of the game. Sorry.

[ February 12, 2017, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 02:18 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No problem here LB.
This might be a little off topic, but when I was a kid there was a wooden bench about eight foot long that set between the feed store and the pitch hall in my town. The old men would set their everyday and solve the problems of the world.
Us kids call it the limber dick bench. Well the bench, feed store and pitch hall are gone now.
I guess this site is as close to that old bench I will every get. LOL!
Carry on men.....I'm just another old man sitting on that bench.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 12, 2017 03:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to take that sitting down, Victor? lol

ko ko, what's a pitch hall?

[ February 12, 2017, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2017 11:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not a clue.
Must be one of those Okie things ??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 06:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie! A little help with the local dialect, please!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 07:27 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in complete agreement with LB on this one. While we're at it maybe we could find a way to speed up a concert or a movie so we could enjoy it faster and save some time.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 09:23 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay a pitch hall is place you go to play 4point pitch...high,low,jack and game. Its a bar with alot of 3ft square tables with 4 chairs to a table. No jukebox just a bar,ours had a grill and 1 pooltable. Most people played pitch some of the old timers played dominoes.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 11:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's news to me Eddie.

Kinda sounds a little like cribbage, which my dad and granddad used to play many years ago.

That's a good one, Moe.

Speed it up so we can enjoy it faster!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 12:16 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leave baseball alone.

Fuck around with golf, instead! Make the golfers have to hustle/jog between shots, and let the crowd make noise while they're swingin'!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 12:45 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
4 point cut throat. Dollar a game .25 a set. Dump it on the dealer for 2. It doesn't get any tougher than that.
Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 03:52 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"It doesn't get any tougher than that."

[Roll Eyes]

Try playing Tonk with a couple of old black guys.

And another thing...........Bars without a juke-box ????
What blasphemy is this ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2017 08:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, blacks in the Army were always playing Tonk, when they didn't have money to go into town. They sure could get excited. Actually, I've played the game but forgotten how? We mostly played Hearts and Spades. Poker on credit is a loser. I have many, (okay, several) guys that still owe me hundreds of dollars, all on credit.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: you hear that? You guys in the 525th?

[ February 13, 2017, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2017 04:20 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
'Speed it up so we can enjoy it faster " :sounds like a Pelosi ism. lol

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2017 06:02 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I think reading this board is the only thing I have in my life that makes me feel young [Big Grin] .

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2017 06:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
How does that dizzy bitch keep getting elected? (don't answer that)!

Getting back to; "speeding it up so we can enjoy it faster"

You know, one of the big complaints is about running the base paths after a home run. To save time and enjoy it faster, they want to just rack up the score and have the batter return to the dugout, and sit down because running the base paths is such a waste of time.

End zone dances is one thing and I'm in complete agreement that displays of that type are insulting, etc. But, running the bases is strictly RULES, not in your face and irritating. If you don't touch every base, it don't count, has to be done.

I'm convinced it's Liberals that want to change baseball. There was a professor from some college on Tucker Carlson last night. She was advocating for shutting down speakers on campus that espoused political views different from her own. I think he did a good job of exposing her anti free speech position. She kept ranting that right wingers advocate rape and other illogical conclusions. I mean, she was a flaming commie radical, and this is what we have teaching in our universities these days. Conservatives have no right to speak on campus, free speech is just for Progressives, and I'm sure she would be inclined to RIOT in order to speed up baseball so we can all enjoy it faster.

I don't know how we are going to dislodge these radicals but really, seriously, Donald Trump is a baby step in the right direction. I know he's an idiot in some respects but he's not Hillary so thank your lucky stars! We need to support him 100%, hold our noses while doing it, but the guy is basically on our side in many respects.

Hey, excuse the rant. But the fucking Democrats are bringing him down. WE need to fight the assholes. And, leave Baseball alone! That's it, same thing. These people are evil, fight them tooth and nail! Raise your right hand and....

Boy, I should get a friggin' prize for the most disjointed, illogical and illiterate post, at least since the first of the year. So, sue me! [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2017 07:22 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
esteemed libtard rep. Maxine Waters just got trolled by Russian pranksters...
listen to this shit!

She is so dumb it makes my head hurt.

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters