The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Is the Super Bowl today? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Is the Super Bowl today?
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2017 05:14 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, my baseball coach used to call that "small ball". The team that wins at "small ball" usually wins the game. And I agree, watching pros excel at those fundamentals is what makes major league baseball almost watchable, at times...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2017 08:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tommy Lasorda showed how to push the winning run across from third with a sacrifice bunt in the bottom of the ninth. Too many managers send big beef to the plate to either strike out or hit it out of the park. These are the same players that can't beat out an infield single. Yes, I may not understand the finer points of small ball but I appreciate it when I see it.

If there was ever a manager that deserves to be in Cooperstown, it's the guy that bleeds Dodger Blue. He used to personally pitch batting practice. He's a hero to me.

And, don't forget, baseball is the only game played without a time limit. Well....except for cricket, maybe?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters